Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:24 AM

336 posts, read 195,423 times

Advertisements

Probably just your own insecurities. Its either you trust him or you dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 10:49 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
She did. Until he lied. He rejected her hard but then they exchanged IG info? And she hit on D but she doesn't start following D? Doesn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense, it is not true.
Scroll up to post #7.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:54 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
OP, you have made several threads about how this boyfriend doesn't always call you when he's traveling, etc. You say you trust him, but's obvious you don't and that WILL hurt your relationship! Either you trust him or you don't!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Scroll up to post #7.
damn it. . Sorry.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:48 PM

293 posts, read 190,842 times
Default Feeling Like I'm Going Crazy

I know I've posted here before and you guys have called me out saying I don't trust my boyfriend. I really do/did trust him, it's my insecurity that I've been working on with a therapist... But does this give me any real reason to not trust my boyfriend?

For a background, you can check out my last post (tl;dr: BF is on vacation and told me about some girl he met that was hitting on him and his friend 'D', and girl added both friend and BF on instagram)

So I talked to my boyfriend yesterday on FaceTime and this was the conversation, where the Italian girl got brought up (his dad, who him and I get along so well, was in the room, so I don't think he thought it was incriminating or anything):

Me: What does she look like?

BF: Here, I have a picture

Me: Oh you added her on Instagram?

BF: Yes, is that ok? It's just a way to connect with other people... Anyways, she started texting me, but then it got weird, so I just gave her D's number and told her to text him

Me: wait why does she have your number and not ask for D's since you said she was hitting on him?

BF: She just asked for it so I gave it

Me: Weird that you'd give her your number, especially since you're not going to see her again

BF: Exactly, so I don't know why it's weird

Me: Does she know that you have a girlfriend?

BF: No, it never came up

Ok am I crazy for thinking that that would have been the best time for my boyfriend to say 'Oh sorry, I have a girlfriend. But D can give you his number'?? My boyfriend is usually super friendly/nice to people he first meets, so maybe he feels bad shutting them down but still.

I have always trusted him, but this makes me feel like I can't really trust him. Yes, I get that it's nice for someone to flirt and stroke your ego a bit, but if she takes it to the next level by asking for his phone number, he should have shut it down right??

Like I get that it's good that my BF told me about this girl right after it happened, but it makes me feel like I can't trust my boyfriend to shut girls down when they flirt with him. Which makes me feel bad because he's never given me a reason to not trust him.

And another problem is that it's one of those things if the roles were reversed, my BF would literally not care and wouldn't mind if I gave my number to a guy because he 10000% trusts me.

When he gets home in a week, would it be out of line to say something along the lines of 'I have never had a reason to give you any boundaries because I've always trusted you, but if a girl that has been hitting on you asks for your number, I need you to shut it down and say you have a girlfriend"

I don't think he cheated or anything, because he was only out for about 1 hour, and was also with two of his brothers, and one of his girl cousins (who all know about me), so even if he were to cheat, I don't think he's stupid enough to do it in front of them.

Am I crazy right now? I don't want to be the crazy girlfriend, but I also don't want my boyfriend to be giving out his number to every girl that asks

Old 02-18-2018, 06:23 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
First thing...you don't start a new thread for a continuation of your "old" problem.
That just gets irritating since you've already been given good enough advice that probably won't change.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
You are not going crazy. He should not have given her his number.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:27 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
If you have that many questions this early on you are controlling and no normal guy cares. If your instinct says something is wrong then move on, its just one person.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:34 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
People have no class anymore... I sound like an old person, but god damn, civility and common sense along with good manners is gone.

I'm surprised so many women put up with this kind of crap.....

Old 02-18-2018, 07:41 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
People have no class anymore... I sound like an old person, but god damn, civility and common sense along with good manners is gone.

And I'm surprised so many desperate men put up with women's crap.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm0905 View Post

Me: Does she know that you have a girlfriend?

BF: No, it never came up
He had multiple opportunities to "bring it up." It would have been easy. But he didn't.

You're insecure, for sure, OP. But you're not wrong to feel weird about how he handled this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Yep. It goes both ways, of course. But ...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships