Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelambofdeth View Post
I never lied to her and she knew I cared. There were many times I could've just walked out on her. Most guys wouldve moved on ages ago.

But is it likely she'll ever reach out to me? Obviously I can never try to contact her because i'd be weak....but if she really totalled moved on why make the ig post with my flowers?
The IG post means nothing. It's fake, just PR for her outward image, curated for public view.

Sure, you never lied to her, but you also did not treat her the way YOU would want to be treated. Maybe you were not dishonest, but you were callous.

Besides, if most guys would have moved on ages ago, why did you not? Because you took her for granted. You already know why this happened. You just really really don't want to admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 08:51 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
But if nothing else I learned the hard way not to take people for granted because now she's off getting rammed by some dude and im the emo one.
Who taught you to be such a gentleman?

Good luck in life.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:51 PM

376 posts, read 208,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
The IG post means nothing. It's fake, just PR for her outward image, curated for public view.

Sure, you never lied to her, but you also did not treat her the way YOU would want to be treated. Maybe you were not dishonest, but you were callous.

Besides, if most guys would have moved on ages ago, why did you not? Because you took her for granted. You already know why this happened. You just really really don't want to admit it.

Ok but I didn't kill her parents. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Yes, after a while during the time I was talking to two other women I was very interested in, I did take her as a given. But...idk. I could've just gotten a chance to explain. Closure st least. It bugs me.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Ok but I didn't kill her parents. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Yes, after a while during the time I was talking to two other women I was very interested in, I did take her as a given. But...idk. I could've just gotten a chance to explain. Closure st least. It bugs me.
Because your ego took a hit. She took charge and made a decision, and this time you are not the one calling the shots.

You don't want "closure." You're pissed because you don't have the power over her anymore, and it bugs you.

Even the way you write about it here ("I didn't kill her parents...") is super sh*tty and immature. It just goes to show that you didn't REALLY care about her feelings for you. You mostly cared that she orbited you.

Just let her be.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Because your ego took a hit. She took charge and made a decision, and this time you are not the one calling the shots.

You don't want "closure." You're pissed because you don't have the power over her anymore, and it bugs you.

Even the way you write about it here ("I didn't kill her parents...") is super sh*tty and immature. It just goes to show that you didn't REALLY care about her feelings for you. You mostly cared that she orbited you.

Just let her be.
You're simplifying it. I can see how it seems like that, but it's not. I do care about her. If I didn't know then I do now. If I didn't I never even would've reached out to her, let alone apologize AND send flowers. I do NOT do things like that often.

Like I said, I won't press on her. I'm going full no contact. But I don't see how on a month all of a sudden is she not only over me, she's ready to date, AND found someone she really wants. Sure.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
You're simplifying it. I can see how it seems like that, but it's not.
Your own words portrayed it that way. I only know what you've written here about your situation, and when I read the words you wrote, what stands out above all is your self-centeredness.

Quote:
I do care about her. If I didn't know then I do now. If I didn't I never even would've reached out to her, let alone apologize AND send flowers. I do NOT do things like that often.
Congrats. It sounds like you DID learn something from this experience.

So stop being so callous and try to see situations from the OTHER person's POV more often.

The fact that you're SO focused on the other dude cements the fact that it's mostly your ego that is hurt.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Your own words portrayed it that way. I only know what you've written here about your situation, and when I read the words you wrote, what stands out above all is your self-centeredness.

Congrats. It sounds like you DID learn something from this experience.

So stop being so callous and try to see situations from the OTHER person's POV more often.

The fact that you're SO focused on the other dude cements the fact that it's mostly your ego that is hurt.
Well of course it's a ego hit. I do still have my pride. But it's more than that. Which is magnified because there's nothing I can do...

Old 02-20-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
... there's nothing I can do...
Right.

Honestly, I'm going to suggest that you just stew in it for a while.

Stop trying to "do" anything and just really really think about the whole thing and what happened and what you did and what you could have done differently.

I think this could be a really important moment in your life when you really begin to understand the value of caring for someone and why the way you treat them matters.

If she does ever hit you up again (and she might), I don't think you should allow it. You two have had enough chances to make this work.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:

If she does ever hit you up again (and she might), I don't think you should allow it. You two have had enough chances to make this work.

Easier said than done. But I guess we'll see.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Easier said than done. But I guess we'll see.
If you find yourself tempted to backslide, just come back and read your OP again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships