Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 05:05 PM

376 posts, read 208,448 times

Advertisements

*ex

So this is really, really long and I dont feel like proof reading but hear me out.

So I've been messing with this girl for over a year. I met her last winter. We only dated like two month but we we remained friends and grew pretty close. We tried dating again a few months later, but again it didn't work. But we grew even closer.

She's really hard to explain. She had been disappointed and betrayed by men in the past so she has trust issues and she's tries really hard to appear strong often. But we have a lot of chemistry and always got along well.

Over time I started to realize how much she liked me. She would go on dates and leave early and ask to see me, or mention how other guys didn't have why I did and they made her think of me and whatnot.

She knew I was doing my own thing and got jealous when I mentioned other women and whatnot, but she knew what I was doing and we would still hang out often many times she'd invite me over and sometimes it would lead to sex.

She's not one to mess around and so as far as I know while she was intimate with me she wasn't dating anyone seriously.

Anyway it got to the point we talked almost everyday. She'd call me before class, text me after and all night sometimes. She confided a lot of things to me and I was growing attached but she mentioned she still wasn't ready to date seriously.

Anyway over time one day we sent the weekend together and we went to a farm to pick fruit lol, and on the way home she kinda broke down and mentioned how she had been feeling depressed lately with school and her parents and that she felt guilty for feeling happy, but for the first time in ages someone made her happy. She doesn't get emotional often. For the next two weeks there sooo many texts from her about how much she cared about me, how she try to see other guys or push me away because she didn't want to care about me as much as she did because of her trust qualms. She was basically telling me she loved me without saying it.

That said I knew she was young(20) and she had been through some stuff some I took it with a grain of salt. Anyway she still lives with her parents and they were breathing down her neck for...reasons and with school she was still saying she couldn't date now but made ALL these future plans when her semester was over.

ANYWAY, I was getting irritated with her so I got kinda douchy. I mostly stopped paying attention. But she kept texting me almost everyday asking now I was and whatnot. I wanted to see her and we met early Dec. And Idk why but for some reason I was just being a douche and I left early and stopped texting. She kept texting and I'd reply briefly every so often. She went on vaca with her parents for the rest of the month so I didn't contact her...but what happens next I don't understand.

She texts me on Xmas, and wishes me happy holiday and asks me to call her. I say thanks but I don't call. She texts me again the next day. Then the day after I actually call her by accident. She asks did I call and I said it was a mistake and she says ok, np.

At this time I was messing with two other girls pretty heavily and not really interested in her. I took her for granted and figured she be there later

Jan 18 I'm bored so I text her. Nothing. I find out she blocked my fb as well. Any other time she'd respond with five minutes. So I email her and asks what's wrong and nothing. I email again and ask can I talk to her and she finally replies saying I can't explain and to leave her alone. I ask a few days later and she says no and not to try and contact her.

Now, we've fought before but it NEVER lasted more than a few days. She'd reach out to me, apologize, or id say some nice things we'd talk again. This time she blocked me everywhere.

What I underestimated was how much I missed her friendship. I grew close to her over the past year but she wasn't ready to date so I was fluctuating. It was so easy to forget her the past two months, but now I think of her everyday

Anyway I sent her flowers on Valentine's Day against my better judgment. She made a ig post of the flowers. One pic of the flowers, of the box, flowers and note, a close up of the note, and one of the box. She also had the note wrapped around the flowers. In her ig post she had a ton hearts on it and how the flowers made her speechless and she loved them, but that she still didn't like me. She made a post later about loving the flowers again, and when lastly a pic of the flowers petals on top of a bubble bath as they died.

Later that night she said thanks for the flowers, but that she still wasn't comfortable speaking to me. Not now anyway.
She also had a post saying aries take don't take heartbreak well and she won't be in love anytime soon, and other sad-ish posts. Yet sure enough she post a pic of the crap some guy bought her for Valentine's as well. Thanking him for that and taking her out. And lo and behold and few days later and changed her relationship status to in relationship with that guy. And the sad part is she looks happy.

I sent her one last message saying that I missed her friendship and apologizing for taken her for granted. That I hoped she was happy. All she said want thanks, and take care of yourself.

In less than a month and a half before she was all over me...then she gets on a dating site, and instead dates a guy from her school after months of saying she wasn't ready. Excluding that WHY won't she let me explain? We weren't dating so idk why we can't be friends. I don't understand any of this. I know she's young, but not talking to someone for month and a half doesn't seem to merit how she's treating me. Is this guy a rebound? Does she still even care about me.

Any insight would be appreciated. I'm so confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 05:19 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
You admittedly treated her poorly, etc. She moved on. Nothing too confusing.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
You admittedly treated her poorly, etc. She moved on. Nothing too confusing.
Yes...if you're dating someone and you ghost them, sure. But being m.i.a. as a friend and severing all times seem really stupid.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:24 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Dude, you said it yourself....you acted like a douche. You played games and only wanted her when it was convenient for you. You sound like a typical playboy. Which is ironic since you claim you can't attract a woman you want to save your life. It's also incredibly ironic you keep mentioning how young she is, but you sound very immature yourself.

She got tired of it and left you behind. Now you're mad and trying to put it all on her? Oh well, stop treating people like crap.

*shrugs*

You screwed up and now your ego is bruised. Move on.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:25 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,268 times
She got over you

You should move on

Old 02-20-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Dude, you said it yourself....you acted like a douche. You played games and only wanted her when it was convenient for you. You sound like a typical playboy. Which is ironic since you claim you can't attract a woman you want to save your life. It's also incredibly ironic you keep mentioning how young she is, but you sound very immature yourself.

She got tired of it and left you behind. Now you're mad and trying to put it all on her? Oh well, stop treating people like crap.

*shrugs*

You screwed up and now your ego is bruised. Move on.
You're being kinda judgy. I'm not saying I'm blameless but if someone keeps hanging around but doesn't actually want to date what exactly does one do? Like if she want to date some other dude, fine. But to not even let me explain makes no sense and is really childish. I've been seeing other people the whole time and I didn't just abandon her. This is why I don't get women.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:38 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelambofdeth View Post
You're being kinda judgy. I'm not saying I'm blameless but if someone keeps hanging around but doesn't actually want to date what exactly does one do? Like if she want to date some other dude, fine. But to not even let me explain makes no sense and is really childish. I've been seeing other people the whole time and I didn't just abandon her. This is why I don't get women.
I'm calling it for what it is.

You were acting like a jerk and she got tired of it. You could've just told her what's up without being a jerk to her and yoyoing in and out of her life. I sense some entitlement, thinking you deserve an explanation, but you don't need one. It's right there in front of you, YOU wrote it out yourself. What normal healthy person is going to keep allowing someone to treat them like crap because they weren't getting what they wanted? Does that really make sense to you? She wasn't your girlfriend, you weren't her bf, ya'll were barely friends from what you wrote.

You're to have to let this go. She's not comfortable talking to you because she has a boyfriend. It's over.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm calling it for what it is.

You were acting like a jerk and she got tired of it. You could've just told her what's up without being a jerk to her and yoyoing in and out of her life. I sense some entitlement, thinking you deserve an explanation, but you don't need one. It's right there in front of you, YOU wrote it out yourself. What normal healthy person is going to keep allowing someone to treat them like crap because they weren't getting what they wanted? Does that really make sense to you? She wasn't your girlfriend, you weren't her bf, ya'll were barely friends from what you wrote.

You're to have to let this go. She's not comfortable talking to you because she has a boyfriend. It's over.
Except we were friends...thats the point. She texted me practically every day for a year. We talked about intimate things and she often told me how much she valued me. That's why feel betrayed. I was ALWAYS upfront with her. Tbh it feels like she's forcing herself into a relationship and I don't see it lasting, and at this point I don't care anyway. I will miss her friendship because I did trust her, but lol I'm not the bad guy in this. I'll get over it but this is what happens when I trust people.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:40 PM

235 posts, read 148,518 times
LOL. You're both funny. You both don't have sense of loyalty. You are doing exactly the same thing. Banging errr messing with people, banging, I don't know. I can't relate. When I get intimate with someone, I don't mess with other people at the same time. It's wrong, it's foolish. And then you post here confused about what, really? LOL. Get out of here.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:06 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,549 times
She's not your "ex."

You yourself said you were "messing."

She sounds like she's in love with the *romantic idea* of love and loss.

You decided you were more interested when she cut you off. "I took her for granted and figured she be there later"

::: bzzzttt ::: The clock ran out.

You weren't good friends. Both of you *played* at being good friends in between "messing."

"... and at this point I don't care anyway." You're lying to yourself here. Otherwise, why the post?

I won't be surprised if she takes a chance on you again, but only because both of you have some real growing up to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships