Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 05:59 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Yes, I am sure no pretty girl would ever be insecure because physical attractiveness solves all women’s problems, doesn’t it? Especially questions of whether she is liked for herself or only because of what her body looks like on the outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That's being pretty weak, though, don't you think?
I once dated a woman who I didn't treat badly, but I was kind of neglectful of. She was complaining about it one time so I asked her why she continued to date me then and she told me she'd forgive almost anything if the sex was good.

Now unfortunately it seems my talent level was more Blake Bortles than Tom Brady because we only dated for a few weeks after that but basically she was telling me had I been a dud in the bedroom she wouldn't have put up with me for as long as she did.

Point is, women put up with crap from men for superficial reasons as well. Ain't just a man thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 06:08 AM

235 posts, read 148,518 times
You single people here make me everytime I read your wah wah stories. This person ghosted me, this person did not reply to me in a matter of second, and then this.

I mean wow, what do you people want? No wonder you all are single. You're all mental.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:11 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Why do you say the comment about emotions? I'm not sure if I like her yet.
If she were my age I'd say she was being clingy but if she's young it might just be how she communicates with everyone. You see teens and 20 something women all over the place with their eyes in their phones constantly texting. She might be the same way with her girlfriends as she's being with you. If there's a big age difference between you then you probably won't want to put up with that. If that's your age group though then you might have to learn to live with it to an extent because most women/girls you meet are going to be likely to be the same way to some degree.

If you decide you like her enough or she is hot enough that you want to see where this goes then you might want to try telling her you have an active and busy life and won't always be able to do a lot of texting and see how she reacts.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:11 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

If a person has more attractive qualities, everyone will overlook more unattractive qualities.

It's like a scale. The more you add to one side the more you can add to the other before it gets out of balance in tyhe other direction.

No. Good looking isn't a "+1". It might be. But it might be a +5 or +10.
Exactly.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowowee View Post
You single people here make me everytime I read your wah wah stories. This person ghosted me, this person did not reply to me in a matter of second, and then this.

I mean wow, what do you people want? No wonder you all are single. You're all mental.
We want a mate who ain’t crazy, ain’t clingy, and shows a reasonable level of interest. It’s not that hard.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:26 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,483 times
Maybe she just really likes you and she's excited about seeing you again? I mean, would that be such a bad thing if you were someone that she got excited about spending time with?

Old 02-23-2018, 06:26 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
If she were my age I'd say she was being clingy but if she's young it might just be how she communicates with everyone. You see teens and 20 something women all over the place with their eyes in their phones constantly texting. She might be the same way with her girlfriends as she's being with you. If there's a big age difference between you then you probably won't want to put up with that. If that's your age group though then you might have to learn to live with it to an extent because most women/girls you meet are going to be likely to be the same way to some degree.

If you decide you like her enough or she is hot enough that you want to see where this goes then you might want to try telling her you have an active and busy life and won't always be able to do a lot of texting and see how she reacts.
Well there is a 10 year age gap and she is in her 20's, so you might have a point. But its not like I wasn't in my 20's once and dating and know how it is. The only difference now is I play less games or worry about abiding by dating rules.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:27 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
Maybe she just really likes you and she's excited about seeing you again? I mean, would that be such a bad thing if you were someone that she got excited about spending time with?

This, if you were excited to see her and couldn't wait to see her, you'd be fine with this. It just seems you're not into anything but her looks. Move on.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:27 AM

235 posts, read 148,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
We want a mate who ain’t crazy, ain’t clingy, and shows a reasonable level of interest. It’s not that hard.
Yeah, no you are all just airheads. I had let go of all of that when I decided to find someone online in dating sites. MY husband actually ghosted me for a week. When we were dating, can you believe that? He actually got snippy at me when I message him first. I usually don't message first but that 1 time I message him first he was like, not now, I was like OK. LOL. WTF.

If I was still proud like most of my life. I would not have been married by now. But well like I said, that's why you all are single.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:28 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
Yes. She obviously likes me. I'm just wondering about being clingy and it was only after 2 dates! If I don't like her then I don't want her freaking out. Im posting on here to get other opinions to see if my reaction is normal or not. It seems split.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships