Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:33 AM

5 posts, read 3,054 times

Advertisements

So I Have been dating this guy for the past one and a half year. Initially when we started dating he was dating multiple women to find a good match. Me on the other hand wasn't. He told me he is talking to 6 different women. Later told me the 6th women is his ex that he was trying to see if there's any spark left or not. I had went on 5 dates with him and on the 5th date I slept with him. 4th date he took me to an event and was all crazy about me. He was showing signs of full fledge interest and was saying he has to dump these other girls nicely for me. Anyways I slept with him on the 5th date and after 5 days he took his ex to an event. He lied to me saying he has to take a buddy of his along. Truth always comes out and I found out that he took his ex to this event. He spent the whole night and whole next evening with her. Uptil now he is lying about spending the night with his ex. He says that he knew he wants to be with me hence didn't let her stay over. I know this because his sister slipped it out and begged me not to mention to him and I have been zipped about it. This has been bothering me like crazy. Why a white lie. I was a backup plan for him and even after one and a half year I feel insecure that this ex might come out of the woods and he would make me his backup plan again. They have a history of breaking up for months and then getting back together. How do I deal with this siutation? Shall I show my concern or let it go and live in the present? overall he is good to me, compliments me etc. Oh and he is planning to propose me as well either this month or next
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 07:37 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinpink View Post
So I Have been dating this guy for the past one and a half year. Initially when we started dating he was dating multiple women to find a good match. Me on the other hand wasn't. He told me he is talking to 6 different women. Later told me the 6th women is his ex that he was trying to see if there's any spark left or not. I had went on 5 dates with him and on the 5th date I slept with him. 4th date he took me to an event and was all crazy about me. He was showing signs of full fledge interest and was saying he has to dump these other girls nicely for me. Anyways I slept with him on the 5th date and after 5 days he took his ex to an event. He lied to me saying he has to take a buddy of his along. Truth always comes out and I found out that he took his ex to this event. He spent the whole night and whole next evening with her. Uptil now he is lying about spending the night with his ex. He says that he knew he wants to be with me hence didn't let her stay over. I know this because his sister slipped it out and begged me not to mention to him and I have been zipped about it. This has been bothering me like crazy. Why a white lie. I was a backup plan for him and even after one and a half year I feel insecure that this ex might come out of the woods and he would make me his backup plan again. They have a history of breaking up for months and then getting back together. How do I deal with this siutation? Shall I show my concern or let it go and live in the present? overall he is good to me, compliments me etc. Oh and he is planning to propose me as well either this month or next
What EXACTLY is the timeline here? Are you saying you have been on 5 dates over a year and a half? Or were those 5 dates over a year ago and you are still insecure about his ex?

Is he still in contact with her, after a year and a half?

Until I read that last line I was gonna say tell him to call you when his ex is completely out of his life. But there are too many questions still.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:40 AM

This was over a year and a half ago. I don't know if they are in touch or not.... all I know is his ex contacted him in between and he told her that he is with me and she suggested to stay friends. I don't think they are in touch. Why I am asking this now is because I just found out from his sister that whole event.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
This was over a year and a half ago. I don't know if they are in touch or not.... all I know is his ex contacted him in between and he told her that he is with me and she suggested to stay friends. I don't think they are in touch. Why I am asking this now is because I just found out from his sister that whole event.
Why did the sister tell you all that?

Old 03-02-2018, 07:43 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
What? i read this half asleep and then almost fell off my chair when I read PROPOSAL. HUH???

You two are not even exclusive or did I misread? Do you guys talk about love? Did he say he loves you and only dates you now?

Old 03-02-2018, 07:45 AM

There was a discussion happening about camping and sure enough she was a bit tipsy. And she slipped it saying yeah he couldn't come camping with us that day because he was busy with that girl's name. I remembered the dates because I had my best friend's birthday party too that day that I had invited him to.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What? i read this half asleep and then almost fell off my chair when I read PROPOSAL. HUH???

You two are not even exclusive or did I misread? Do you guys talk about love? Did he say he loves you and only dates you now?

We have been dating for a year and a half now and yes he says I love you. I asked this question because I just came to know about this a few days back and was asking if I should bring it up or let it go.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
We have been dating for a year and a half now and yes he says I love you. I asked this question because I just came to know about this a few days back and was asking if I should bring it up or let it go.
So you two are exclusive and have been for almost two years, and this drunken revelation from his sister has made you curious and a little suspicious.

And you want to know if you should ask him about it.

I think ... yes ... if you do it right.

One time when you're both doing something together, like cooking or some other task (NOT on the way somewhere etc) just say, "Sister told me something the other day that I have been wondering about. She said that back when you told me you were with [your buddy], you actually were with Ex. I know that she is not a part of your life anymore, but I was just wondering why it felt like you couldn't tell me you were with her back then."

Then just see how he responds and go from there.

If you two are solid and you aren't plagued by insecurity, it should be just another conversation that brings you closer.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:51 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Why don't you move together and live together for a while before you think about marriage?

Did I understand correctly, dating all these other women was 1,5 years ago - when you guys weren't exclusive? But he has been with you only since then? So we are talking about something from 1,5 years ago?

There is never a guarantee she never comes back. But why would he plan to propose to you if he secretly wanted her?

Old 03-02-2018, 08:32 AM

It was itching me like crazy so I just asked him and he seemed a bit defensive. He is still claiming that he didn't spend the night with her. He also said that I didn't owe you anything at that time and it was solely a business event and she wanted to come along. Before that he had told me that they broke up in june. Now he is saying that he started talking to her at the same time as he started talking to me. This is so wishy washy. I think I am going to give it some time before I say Yes even if he asks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships