Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:26 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Last night my friends and I went out to a bar and did some dancing. I’m Goicochea tonrecapna scene I witnessed.

The players: tall guy and the blonde

The scene: there was a small dance floor and the DJ was playing mostly current hip hop and r&b. The players appeared to be about early 30s - their music.

TL/DR: we witnessed a married looking guy aggressively flirting and later making out with one of his friends at the bar. What do you think?

Tall guy was dancing and probably a little tipsy - but not drunk. He was dancing by himself and hovering to our circle. But he was in a circle. The blonde comes over to dance with him and begins aggressively flirting. She touches his waist and she tried to dance super close. Tall guy jumps out of the way and moved to orbit our circle.

A song or 2 later, the blonde makes another aggressive move - grinding on the tall guy. He moves to another part of his circle.

At this point my friends and I start commenting on the situation. We noticed the blonde keeps getting subtly rejected by tall guy and she keeps coming back. Another person noticed a ring - a simple wedding band type ring - on his hand. So we comment the whole situation seems a bit sketchy.

Similar scenes with tall guy moving away from the the blonde play out all night. Tall guy comes over to our circle and we all start singing along to some songs.

A few times he came over to dance with me and I did dance with him at a distance during a singalong. At some point he tried to take the dancing to a different level and gets behind me to dance and I start think don’t get too close. He introduces himself and makes small talk. After that song he introduces me to his friends, including the blonde. Key word used to describe her is friend.

Later we see tall guy is engaging and dancing closely with the blonde and we joke that she wore him down. But it feels sketchy to us. They are dancing close and one of my friends saw the blonde back him into a corner and start kissing him. We were shocked.

So what gives? Why is this married guy at the club flirting, grinding and kissing people who are not his wife. Especially after all of the no body language?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 09:43 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
How do you know she's not his wife? Sometimes couples role-play to keep the relationship exciting. Just a guess on my part. Only they know what the heck they were doing.

OTOH, just because a guy has a simple band on his left ring finger, it doesn't mean its a wedding band. And, a lot of married men never wear a wedding ring.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:57 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Who knows? Who cares? These are strangers in a bar.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:00 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Just sounds like drunk people in the club.

Marriage doesn't mean the same thing to everybody. Some think it just means having someone to come home to while living their true lives on the side, to others it's for financial benefit, emotional comfort, etc. Could be a lot of things. Some people don't really care if a person is married or not and it's just a ring to them, so they still shoot their shot, and fun is all they care about. This kind of stuff isn't new.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:25 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
People are going to do whatever they want. Married or not married.

For some people they take their vows seriously, others don't.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:46 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
What is a married looking guy?

Old 06-03-2018, 11:37 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
What is a married looking guy?
Men with gold bands on their left hand.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:31 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Men with gold bands on their left hand.
never stopped anyone in the past... if the married person themselves dont care about that ring and allow the flirting... why would others mind the ring?

and it might be european, but people wear the rings on a necklace too

Old 06-03-2018, 02:34 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Jade, all I can do is tell ya I am stumped too! I'm just glad they were consenting adults. Adults can do stupid things if they want to, and there may have been a subtext you weren't privy to. But I think things went down exactly the way you described them.

Sounds like a good club! Hip-hop & R&B? Nice!

Old 06-03-2018, 03:11 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
How do you know she's not his wife? Sometimes couples role-play to keep the relationship exciting. Just a guess on my part. Only they know what the heck they were doing.

OTOH, just because a guy has a simple band on his left ring finger, it doesn't mean its a wedding band. And, a lot of married men never wear a wedding ring.
Quite possibly role-playing...but I don't really care.

But unmarried (straight) guys NEVER wear a ring they don't have to, especially on left ring finger - like you say, half of MARRIED guys don't even do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships