Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:00 AM

19 posts, read 56,636 times

Advertisements

Okay, here's more. We would go over to their house for dinner or we would take them out (because our house wasn't built yet). Once, when we spent the night, because we were helping them paint, I fixed breakfast. I wanted it to be perfect...I made stuffed french toast, sausage, and had fresh fruit. She sat there and ate a dry piece of toast. I was crushed. Why would she do that to me? Another time, at a restaurant, she was complaining that she didn't get a straw. I got up and got her one. She wouldn't use it. What is going on here??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake47 View Post

...We haven't seen her husband in a year.
She is obviously keeping you at an emotional distance so you won't accidentally discover where she hid the body.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:53 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,821 times
I dont know. I am not a medical expert.. but it sounds to me like she has some mental issues... like a heckyl and jeckyl (sp?) kind of thing.. I would stay away from her ... it sounds to me like she is causing you more grief then what it is to have her as a friend.. Drop her and go look for another friend.. you will rest a lot easier!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:07 AM

199 posts, read 902,804 times
I agree with the previous post. She may have some mental/emotional problems. Some people are just not able to emotionally connect with people. It is like they are afraid of anyone getting to close. You said you may be her first real friend. That says something. This is probably nothing personal against you; it is just the way she is in relationships with people.

I know it is hard not to take it personally. I've been through this. The bottom line is, some people don't know how to be a friend. If she's not willing to put anything into the friendship you may have to walk away so you don't keep feeling the resentment and disappointment. Also, from what you have said, it doesn't seem like you even know where this person is coming from, and you may not want to know. You may really like her, but real friends are open and honest, and will invest emotionally into the relationship. I don't think this person is able or willing to do that.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:34 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake47 View Post
Rapture, I have said everything and there is so much more. I get no answers. After I asked her about the house thing, she called me a leech and wouldn't email me for a week. My husband couldn't believe I would ever speak to her after that. For some reason her husband doesn't like me...I think he is jealous because I honestly don't think she has ever had another real friend. If she would only just tell me the truth.
Yeah, I'm with your husband.... To care this much after that you must not have a lot of alternatives either.

You've reached out and been rebuffed multiple times. I wouldn't sacrifice any more pride worrying about it if I were you.... JMO..

Old 03-30-2008, 09:37 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I dont know. I am not a medical expert.. but it sounds to me like she has some mental issues... like a heckyl and jeckyl (sp?) kind of thing.. I would stay away from her ... it sounds to me like she is causing you more grief then what it is to have her as a friend.. Drop her and go look for another friend.. you will rest a lot easier!
I'm sorry, but I'm laughing a lot..... I think you mean Jeckyl and Hyde.....

(yes, add it to my list of personality flaws that I feel a need to point that out..... )

Old 03-30-2008, 09:40 AM

213 posts, read 784,321 times
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Take what you know to be a sign that there are even bigger issues burning than what you've witnessed. So now you must decide: cut your losses or enter the inferno?

....or just keep us all interested waiting for you next installment of "oh and yeah that (rhymes with blazy snitch) is circling outside my house with a torch and pitchfork"

Old 03-30-2008, 09:48 AM

788 posts, read 4,068,926 times
I know you're hurt and confused, but I think you need to end this relationship. It sounds like she has problems, none of which have anything to do with you although she might be taking some of it out on you. Cut her out--don't email or talk to her anymore. Go out and get yourself a new friend.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:57 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm laughing a lot..... I think you mean Jeckyl and Hyde.....

(yes, add it to my list of personality flaws that I feel a need to point that out..... )
Yeah that was what I meant .. LOL.. I knew someone would correct me on here !!

Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 AM

19 posts, read 56,636 times
OMG, you guys have me laughing like mad. Heckyl and Jeckyl... a torch and a pitchfork. hahaha This has just been really hard on me and she always twists it around to be that I said something, etc. Can I say something else? Whenever we would go out to eat, she would do anything to sit across from my husband. She would always speak to him and ignore me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships