Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 02:03 AM

617 posts, read 1,203,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
That hurts when people say they gotta be 225 lbs or more I am 6'4" and about 180 but can go up to 190... the things you do to try and stay thin LOL and it still aint good enuff... oh well
I feel ya there... 127 lbs and 6'2" lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 02:31 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times
Great men come in all sizes.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:07 AM

72 posts, read 439,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Ok I figured I would post on here because I find women and the whole height issue to be ridiculous. I was watching a show on tv yesterday called the Millionaire Club where Millionaires are looking for love and the dating agency was interviewing women to see if they would date this guy. Now the guy was 5'8" (average for a man) and most women did not want to date him because he is average height. Are women really this shallow? I'm 5'8" myself and I find it disturbing that women wouldn't want to date a guy who is an overall great catch but isn't 6' tall. Are you telling me a woman would rather date a guy who is 6' tall and a complete scumbag over a great guy who is a few inches shorter. I think it comes down to low self esteem. I think women who will only date tall men are really lacking in self esteem and are completely shallow. Any other opinions?
nah. my friends & family make fun of me & say that i like men that are travel sized. lol cause most of my boyfriends have been on the shorter side (i'm 5'8 without shoes, with shoes i get up to 6'2-6'4)... so height isn't really important to me. my problem is finding a guy that's secure enough with himself that he doesn't forbid me to wear heels/platforms if i want to. some guys just don't like when women are taller. but, you know, what's most important (to me) is how i am treated & if i'm getting the respect & whatnot that i need. not to say i have anything against taller guys. lol just more short guys in my area, i guess. i had a 6'6 Icelandic BF once, though. i wouldn't turn a dude away for being "only" 5'8, though. that's ridiculous. i've dated guys that were 5'2-5'4... no big deal. lol tiny guys are fun to snuggle. (i am not into midgets, though--- no thanks.)

Old 05-27-2008, 02:22 AM

3 posts, read 12,847 times
The women on the Millionaire show are mostly a shallow set, feeling entitled, by their looks, to score a man not only with bucks (they would not settle for less), but a man that will instill jealously in their 'friends.' Anything that denotes POWER is preferred, and height traditionally denotes power. So tall men are much preferred as status, just as skinny, artificially enhanced younger women are preferred by these rich playboys. For the rest of us ladies, height is usually not at the top of the list of importance, though there are more than a few that would state a preference for a taller man - for the reasons stated before - to feel small, dainty, and protected. But when the man of your dreams shows up and is 3 inches shorter, most ladies will concede the preference. Just like you men who would typically state a preference for 'slender' but often marry the curvy firecracker that steals your heart. My hubby is almost 4 inches shorter than me. We laugh about it. He wishes he was taller, but admits he's at an advantage when he hugs me (when I'm in heels especially) and his face is snuggled right between my... :O :O btw, I'm not hatin' on the pretty girls - I am a pretty, slender girl, who has had more than a couple opps to date/marry older, taller, millionaires (or close). But I knew why they liked me, and I knew I'd be traded once the next younger, prettier version became available.. lol. So I married a real man with a real heart. We have millions.. of happy moments! :-)

Old 05-27-2008, 02:32 AM

72 posts, read 439,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by approaching View Post
The women on the Millionaire show are mostly a shallow set, feeling entitled, by their looks, to score a man not only with bucks (they would not settle for less), but a man that will instill jealously in their 'friends.' Anything that denotes POWER is preferred, and height traditionally denotes power. So tall men are much preferred as status, just as skinny, artificially enhanced younger women are preferred by these rich playboys. For the rest of us ladies, height is usually not at the top of the list of importance, though there are more than a few that would state a preference for a taller man - for the reasons stated before - to feel small, dainty, and protected. But when the man of your dreams shows up and is 3 inches shorter, most ladies will concede the preference. Just like you men who would typically state a preference for 'slender' but often marry the curvy firecracker that steals your heart. My hubby is almost 4 inches shorter than me. We laugh about it. He wishes he was taller, but admits he's at an advantage when he hugs me (when I'm in heels especially) and his face is snuggled right between my... :O :O btw, I'm not hatin' on the pretty girls - I am a pretty, slender girl, who has had more than a couple opps to date/marry older, taller, millionaires (or close). But I knew why they liked me, and I knew I'd be traded once the next younger, prettier version became available.. lol. So I married a real man with a real heart. We have millions.. of happy moments! :-)
THAT is the right attitude!!!!!!! That's why I like shorter fellas. They enjoy snuggling. lmao

Old 05-27-2008, 04:21 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Please don't let the people on this thread fool you: for 99.9% of women, they would rather die than be with a man who's 5'3 or under. I should know, as I'm 5'2 and have never had a girlfriend in my life. Yes, I never tried...but I also never tried to carry my car to the parking lot either. Somethings are just impossible and better off not hurting yourself over by trying them.

Here is a link proving what I am talking about:

Saturday Magazine (http://www.nationaudio.com/News/DailyNation/Supplements/saturday/15122001/story2.htm - broken link)

Some women will just say that "height doesn't matter", but they're lying. They are simply too proud to admit that they are not into short men at all.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:47 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Please don't let the people on this thread fool you: for 99.9% of women, they would rather die than be with a man who's 5'3 or under. I should know, as I'm 5'2 and have never had a girlfriend in my life. Yes, I never tried...but I also never tried to carry my car to the parking lot either. Somethings are just impossible and better off not hurting yourself over by trying them.
I'm only 4 inches taller than you. That doesn't seem excessively short to me. What about dating petite women? I see plenty of women your height in my area.

Otherwise, I was watching that old Prince movie Purple Rain. I haven't been able to find out his height yet, but he was shorter than his leading lady and in the movie and on stage he wore boots with high heels. I remember my musician friends loved to wear Beatle boots or cowboy boots because of the slightly higher heels.

I think that one of my managers at work is shorter than me by a little bit, but he does fine in the dating department. And he has two ex wives and three kids. lol. Basically have more confidence in yourself and don't feel apologetic for being 5'2". I think that instead of trying to be nice to the women you are attracted to, be a little rude or brusque to them instead. Especially the pretty ones. Make it seem like you are doing them a favor by talking to them. Don't treat them special or place them on any pedestals. Let them chase you. And be patient.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:57 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Eh, just talked to a woman that was 5'11". I told her I wasn't as tall...and she didn't think she could get past that. Her loss. I don't have a complex about my height...I stand just as tall as I am.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
nonsense 5 ft 8/5 ft 9 not a deal breaker, women are utterly focused on my inner qualities. lets see how many posts does that make for me today? however in all fairness i must say when i cruise i have found that complaining about property management issues and chest pains does help.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:11 PM

17 posts, read 60,281 times
I wouldn't completely rule out a guy just because he was the same height or a little shorter then me but if he was more then a couple inches shorter it could possibly be a dealbreaker since I don't like to look down on guys. It's just one of my weird quirks... being the obviously tall one in the relationship makes me feel just a little too much like the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships