Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,630,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
I'm 6'2.

So I really don't care if it is or not.

And Jon, it isn't your height that drives people away.
Nobody is driven away -- I'm a very good looking guy and do well with girls when I care to. It's not really that hard. It's just hard to think it's worth the effort spent on most girls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
You are The Deal Breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Nobody is driven away -- I'm a very good looking guy and do well with girls when I care to. It's not really that hard. It's just hard to think it's worth the effort spent on most girls

Old 11-24-2008, 12:22 PM

24 posts, read 73,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
It's like anything else that we're attracted to physically. Some guys like women with big boobs. Does that automatically make them shallow and lacking self-esteem? Or does it just mean that that's something that turns them on?

I'm 5'8" tall, and I go for tall men (6'4" or MORE) because that's what turns me on. That's what catches my eye. It's not that I'm discounting short men (because yes, 5'8" is SHORT even though you call it average). It's simply that I like big guys. Everybody has different body types that they generally prefer. It doesn't mean we're shallow, it just means that everyone is different.
I agee that your preference doesn't make you shallow. I have to laugh when people say 5'8" is average. I am 5'8" and I know that I am SHORT for a young white male. Hell, I would say that close to half of the population of men have a chin height at or above my eye level. But my height causes me no problem in dating. I have had plenty of women taller than me that asked me out.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:31 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Ok I figured I would post on here because I find women and the whole height issue to be ridiculous. I was watching a show on tv yesterday called the Millionaire Club where Millionaires are looking for love and the dating agency was interviewing women to see if they would date this guy. Now the guy was 5'8" (average for a man) and most women did not want to date him because he is average height. Are women really this shallow? I'm 5'8" myself and I find it disturbing that women wouldn't want to date a guy who is an overall great catch but isn't 6' tall. Are you telling me a woman would rather date a guy who is 6' tall and a complete scumbag over a great guy who is a few inches shorter. I think it comes down to low self esteem. I think women who will only date tall men are really lacking in self esteem and are completely shallow. Any other opinions?
No, i don't think most women would want to date a scumbag who is 6', over a nice guy who is 5'8; however, I do prefer tall men. I am tall for a woman 5'9, so this is why I especially have that preference. But, my ex boyfriend was shorter than me, so I guess it really didn't matter to me. ;-)
Still, I would love to have a man who is 6'1 or up, but I know it's not the most important thing..

Old 11-24-2008, 12:33 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babblekatblue View Post
When I read this, I totally thought of that Saved by the Bell episode where Jessie was like a foot taller than the guy and felt self conscious about her height. Mayhap the women are just self conscious about their own height. Were they tall themselves? They could feel awkward being so tall with a guy they like. I mean you would literally be looking down at them. That could totally be awkward. I personally wouldn't know since I'm not super tall. I do know though, that the bottom line is the guy's personality counts most.
My height does make me self-conscious, so this is one reason why I prefer a taller man.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,078 times
I am petite, 5'1", and I prefer to date tall men, my bf was 5'11", but I have dated taller. It's just an attraction. I like looking up into his eyes!
I did go on a date with a 6' 8" guy, it was a little strange, although I liked it, it was very different! but I would not date a scumbag of any height over a nice guy who was 5' 8".

Old 11-24-2008, 04:57 PM

324 posts, read 862,465 times
I'm 5'8, and I couldn't date a short guy- just doesn't do it for me. Once I put on heels, and I'm looking over his head- the thrill is gone.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:58 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
I once dated a guy shorter than me and it was a bit weird, sad to say.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Did he need a ladder for mounting purposes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I once dated a guy shorter than me and it was a bit weird, sad to say.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:05 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Did he need a ladder for mounting purposes?

LOL

Not quite, but he came up to around my nose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships