Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 12:49 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times

Advertisements

That online dating is invariably a disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 02:07 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I stay away from men who never married or even attempted to marry the mother of their child/children.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:24 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I stay away from men who never married or even attempted to marry the mother of their child/children.
Why???

What if a man was with a woman for 25 plus years???? What is the position on that?

Old 09-08-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Why???

What if a man was with a woman for 25 plus years???? What is the position on that?

I don't know, that's a bit better. I'm just running into a lot of men lately who are single and have a 2 yo only child.

Last edited by srjth; 09-08-2018 at 03:07 PM..

Old 09-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I don't know, that's a bit better. I'm just running into a lot of men lately who are single and have a 2 yo only child.
Why is it just a bit better??? Not being hostile, I just want to know what people think.

I've been with the same woman for 26 years, far far longer than most people I've known. How is this less than others simply because we're not married???

Old 09-08-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Why is it just a bit better??? Not being hostile, I just want to know what people think.

I've been with the same woman for 26 years, far far longer than most people I've known. How is this less than others simply because we're not married???
With all due respect Chow, I'm not going to get into the marriage debate. I'm sure you know by now that there are people who are pro-marriage and others who are not. I am pro-marriage. I posted what I said in this thread because I already know it's an unpopular opinion (and had to do with having babies), which is the subject of this thread. Different strokes.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
With all due respect Chow, I'm not going to get into the marriage debate. I'm sure you know by now that there are people who are pro-marriage and others who are not. I am pro-marriage. I posted what I said in this thread because I already know it's an unpopular opinion (and had to do with having babies), which is the subject of this thread. Different strokes.
Fair enough. I just don't understand this sanctity of marriage horse**** when it's really no different that someone shacking up... LOL...

Stupid ass conversation... people can do what they want, if someone wants marriage, fine, great for them. If others don't why are we "less than"

26 years, but I guess we're not good enough because we don't have a marriage license.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. I just don't understand this sanctity of marriage horse**** when it's really no different that someone shacking up... LOL...

Stupid ass conversation... people can do what they want, if someone wants marriage, fine, great for them. If others don't why are we "less than"

26 years, but I guess we're not good enough because we don't have a marriage license.
I'm sure there's another thread that's more focused on what you want to discuss (I think I see one on the front page). As I said before, my post had a lot to do with having young babies and not even trying.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:46 PM

I guess in keeping with the theme of the thread my number 1 unpopular opinion on relationships is why is marriage better than being together, specifically when you've been with someone for a boatload of years and have outlasted most marriages that you know of....

Why is that couple "less than" another couple that paid for a marriage license.

Old 09-08-2018, 05:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
Indirect women, OMG help me

Her: Lets go out.

Me: Were you thinking anywhere in particular?

Her: Oh, I don't care.

Me: Let go to Yada-Yada.

Her: I don't like Yada-Yada.

Me: How about So-So.

Her: I don't like So-So either. Lets go to Quack-n-Yack

Me: Woman! This entire conversation could have been avoided by you saying "Lets go out to Quack-n-Yack"

Later that night at Quack-n-Yack

Her: What bottle of wine should we get?

Me: Don't care.

Her: Well I want to get something you like also.

Me: Merlot.

Her: I was kinda thinking Chardonnay. Why Merlot?

Me: The big glass fits my big hand.

Her: Lets get Chardonnay.

Me:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships