Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 06:32 AM

67 posts, read 68,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I bet this gives you the sense of empowerment, huh? "look at me in a relationship and you're still alone" Lol

Is it safe to assume these women dumped you?

You are not correct. I never got dumped at all actually. It just so happens to play out like that. I don't care what they do with their lives. Like someone mentioned on the first page of this discussion.. They were once an important part of my life. Maybe not for long but still had a connection. I only wish the best for them. It's so common for anyone (even people you graduated with) to lurk around and follow others for no reason. That's just what it is in this generation.

For anyone who didn't understand the 'follow' thing. You can subscribe to someone or be "friends" with someone on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 06:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,087,829 times
Being friends with someone on Facebook and following them are different though. You can follow people and not friend them. Friend them and follow them (default). Or friend them and not follow them.

So, we weren't clear on which you were talking about.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:41 AM

453 posts, read 347,838 times
No, I don't.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:49 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,932,766 times
Quote:
What is there to gain in following an ex on social media? I dont see how this can improve ones life? Do you? If so, give me some insight.

They said it was "creepy"
How is it "creepy"?

Old 08-08-2018, 07:08 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,892,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Aren't people doing this with social media? You post, they comment, you discuss... you PM and chat. It's an interaction and a venue to communicate.

Or is the "do you follow" on social media question meaning you "follow" them but don't "friend" them? If that's what the OP meant, then no, I don't get doing that.

Or are they talking about IG where you just follow?
I meant follow without friending, maybe we're all talking about dif things.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,087,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I meant follow without friending, maybe we're all talking about dif things.

I think we are. Following without friending would be weird and voyeuristic. No thank you.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:48 AM

26,702 posts, read 41,840,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Calories View Post
Strictly for the millennials out there! Do you find yourself having the necessity to follow your exes? I follow my exes and they follow me. So, is this considered normal or just being nosy? On a regular basis, not many actually care for their past relationships nor be intrigued with what they do in their life. Personally, I never came off with the "f*ck my ex" attitude. I always left off on good terms. Now I'm in a 5 year relationship. I still follow them, but it seems I still have their interest, deep down. Basing this off of some pictures I post on social media that they 'like'. They still don't have relationships yet since I've dated either of them.

What is your take on this?
I’m friends on social media with the only girlfriend I ever had mainly because we have a load of mutual friends and I don’t want to alienate myself from them. Otherwise the day we broke up, I’d unfriend and block an ex immediately.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:59 AM

10,225 posts, read 11,201,555 times
No. there's a reason why — they are exes. I could careless what they are doing/screwing.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:10 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,748,932 times
Quote:
You are not correct. I never got dumped at all actually. It just so happens to play out like that. I don't care what they do with their lives. Like someone mentioned on the first page of this discussion.. They were once an important part of my life. Maybe not for long but still had a connection. I only wish the best for them. It's so common for anyone (even people you graduated with) to lurk around and follow others for no reason. That's just what it is in this generation.
Quote:
I bet this gives you the sense of empowerment, huh? "look at me in a relationship and you're still alone" Lol

Is it safe to assume these women dumped you?
OP, if that (the bolded in Hawaiian's post I quoted beneath your response) was not the case the case, then what you said below in your original post would not have been necessary. It seems as though you get an ego boost from your exes still following you, despite the fact you're in a 5 year long relationship. Nice humble brag though.

Quote:
Now I'm in a 5 year relationship. I still follow them, but it seems I still have their interest, deep down. Basing this off of some pictures I post on social media that they 'like'. They still don't have relationships yet since I've dated either of them.
I don't have "exes" but there are guys I used to be interested in that are still friends with me and follow me on social media. I am still friends with/follow them as well. But I'm not on social media often enough to see what they have going on.

Last edited by Auraliea; 08-08-2018 at 08:20 AM..

Old 08-08-2018, 08:16 AM

35,174 posts, read 31,496,692 times
I do for one. Not friended or connected to the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships