Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 07:08 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
If you’re getting constantly rejected then the biggest issue is that you’re approaching women who obviously have no interest in you. Meaning they never gave you any signals that they were interested. Cold approaching without signals being shown by the woman first have very low success rates for men. If they don’t show any signals of interest then you’re usually setting yourself up for failure by approaching in the first place. If you don’t get very many signals from women then you need to work on yourself (body physique, grooming, dress/style, and overall look) and you’ll notice more women throwing signals at you to approach.

Of course if you’re one of the many guys who doesn’t want to improve yourself then the other option is to approach 100 women and get 4-5 who are actually interested.
There are no guarantees in life. While improving oneself is admirable, the results do not necessarily equate themselves as you seem to believe. Some will notice more signals from women but many more will not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 07:10 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Yeah, I think it's dangerous to go down the path of thinking the woman thinks she's better than you if she rejects you. It's better to think of it as incompatibilities and nothing more, nothing less. For example, I just rejected a guy who works a lot and doesn't have time for me. He is way more successful in his career than I am. Do I think I'm better than him? Not at all. It's just that we want/need different things and can't get on the same page. There are millions of reasons why someone could reject you.

Also, if a woman has a boyfriend or another love interest and rejects you but doesn't tell you of her other love, does that mean she thinks she's better than you? No, she's just taken and loyal.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:17 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
On another note, I met my last boyfriend on a dating site. I had written to him a year before and he never responded. I'm pretty sure I took that as rejection at the time and was sad, but then year passed and whatever rejection I felt was not fresh in my mind then, so when I saw him again, of course I was still attracted to him and wrote to him again. This time, he responded and we hit it off like a house on fire. We dated for a year and he revealed to me that when I wrote to him the prior year, he had just gotten back with his on-again-off-again ex, so that's why he didn't respond. So you never know. Timing!

Old 08-14-2018, 07:19 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
There are no guarantees in life. While improving oneself is admirable, the results do not necessarily equate themselves as you seem to believe. Some will notice more signals from women but many more will not.
Yeah I dress well have been working out lately and I still get zero signals from women.

If I wait for a signal then I’m gonna be waiting along time till I approach somebody..If you’re not that good looking you can’t rely on signals because you’re not gonna get a women to be attracted enough to you just by looking at you.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Working out lately? Come on.

Who said anything about "just by looking at you"? I've never gotten a signal from a look. They come with interaction. It's a byproduct of being social.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:27 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
The only thing a woman means if she rejects a man is that she's not interested or has a better prospect she's invested in. Drawing any other conclusions about her motivation is sheer speculation.

Rejection gets easier over time as a man realizes it's no big deal, you have to kiss hundreds of frogs before you find your princess.

Online dating has helped me because it's easier to accept rejection when I have a few dates lined up with other women. Rejection probably hurts more when you are walking away with no prospects.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:32 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
The only thing a woman means if she rejects a man is that she's not interested or has a better prospect she's invested in. Drawing any other conclusions about her motivation is sheer speculation.

Rejection gets easier over time as a man realizes it's no big deal, you have to kiss hundreds of frogs before you find your princess.

Online dating has helped me because it's easier to accept rejection when I have a few dates lined up with other women. Rejection probably hurts more when you are walking away with no prospects.
You can spin it anyway you want rejection is still that person saying you’re not attractive enough and/ or interesting enough for me to want to be in a relationship with you and I’d rather be alone then with you.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:15 AM

746 posts, read 442,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
Get rejected more so you can practice shaking it off. I know it sounds strange, but I think the more you deal with it, the more you get used to coping with it.

Not only that, but you actually start to expect it. It's happened to me so often these past thirty years that I go in knowing I'm gonna get shot down, and when I do (as usual), I just shrug it off and move on to the next thing.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:37 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,496,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
My friend said I don't take rejection well. It's not that I get livid or lash out at a woman who rejects me, but rather he realizes that I internalize it and dwell on it a lot.

When I'm out I approach quite a bit. Some work some don't. I still think I overthink. Much of what I think my friend said is true. I tend to think something is inherently wrong with ME as to why a woman wasn't into me or I blame it on other factors. Adding insult to injury is knowing my competition at times lol and that frustrates me. With that said I haven't been called creepy, weird, ugly, or anything like that. At worst it will be some stand-offish response or some level of aloofness that occurs that forces me to ignore them also.

Even for me as a man that has sex with women and socially calibrated to deal with them this affects me. I'm an extrovert so there is an inherent risk in putting oneself out there.

Anyway no need to dwell on it but I'm wonder how others here take rejection and how you all deal with it.
When it comes to rejection and handling it a couple things can be done to reduce and minimize it.

The main thing you need to do is think about the things that women find desirable in men (height, finances, facial features, body physique/muscles, style of dress, grooming, and overall style/swag). Then consider which one of these or which combination of these makes you personally feel the most confident and improve them. Once you've improved in the areas you're deficient in then you'll feel more confident as a man and eventually view yourself as the prize to be obtained rather than the woman. You'll feel subconsciously entitled to attractive women instead of lucky to be in their presence. At that point psychologically you will start to feel that any woman who rejects you is the loser who is missing out rather than the other way around.

On the other end you will also notice more women showing initial interest and signals that they are interested. That way you can approach women who appear to at least have some interest in you rather than cold approaching women who might not even be aware of your existence (which has a very high failure rate). I personally believe and have noticed that cold approaching women who don't show initial interest is mostly a waste a time. If they don't at throw some type of signal at you then don't waste your time. You only have around 15-30 seconds to try and "convince" a non-interested woman to like you and that's a very tall order unless you just happen to physically be exactly her type. I have some friends who will approach dozens of women per week to only get phone numbers from a 3-4 of them (which likely might not even lead to sex as some women will give out their number just to get a guy to leave them alone). While on the other end since I started only approaching women showing interest, when I get the number then I can obtain sex or an eventual relationship (if desired) around 90% of the time and with a lot less rejection.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:47 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
My friend said I don't take rejection well. It's not that I get livid or lash out at a woman who rejects me, but rather he realizes that I internalize it and dwell on it a lot.

When I'm out I approach quite a bit. Some work some don't. I still think I overthink. Much of what I think my friend said is true. I tend to think something is inherently wrong with ME as to why a woman wasn't into me or I blame it on other factors. Adding insult to injury is knowing my competition at times lol and that frustrates me. With that said I haven't been called creepy, weird, ugly, or anything like that. At worst it will be some stand-offish response or some level of aloofness that occurs that forces me to ignore them also.

Even for me as a man that has sex with women and socially calibrated to deal with them this affects me. I'm an extrovert so there is an inherent risk in putting oneself out there.

Anyway no need to dwell on it but I'm wonder how others here take rejection and how you all deal with it.
I dealt with it my getting married and retiring from dating.

More seriously, it bothered me a bit when I was very young. But as time went on, I realized it was no big deal. At the end of the day, there is ALWAYS someone else. Always.

What I always found intriguing was how a very attractive woman would find me the same and show lots of enthusiasm for going out with me. Yet a similar woman might be indifferent and not even notice.

Life can be very random. One person thinks a certain song is the best while another thinks it is blasé. So it is with men and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships