Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 07:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know that poster's reason, but I know two young women who are allergic to latex and were in pain from the condom irritating their tissues before they figured it out.

I've run into this. There are non latex condoms (I don't mean lambskin ones) out there. Trickier to find and they don't feel great compared to the better latex ones, but its good for dudes to keep a few around just in case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 07:56 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Exactly. My dating money is just my entertainment money. I'm spending it on something. Last night it was a couple of drinks with someone, if not that, it would have been movie tickets, or entry to a show. Life costs money.
That's how I feel too, and I'm a pampered princess with gentleman callers lined up at my door. 👰

Seriously, if I couldn't afford dinner out, on top of all of my other bills, I'd stay home. I wouldn't be able to enjoy being out.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I don't have Netflix, can't afford nothing extra right now so it will have to be "Comcast on Demand Chill"
You just need to spend wisely, my Comcast bill was getting closer to $200 every year, with the worst customer service in the history of customer service, while Netflix and Hulu combined are still under $20! You can Netflix, chill, Chinese take out, and the GOOD beer for what you were paying for cable
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG, every girl's dream date..will you at least be a gentleman and open the bag of Doritos first? Or is it already open from last weekend?
Love the visual: "Why you puttin those Doritos away already, my hand was still in the bag....you got someone coming over LaTEr?!"

Old 10-05-2018, 09:42 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That's how I feel too, and I'm a pampered princess with gentleman callers lined up at my door. 👰

Seriously, if I couldn't afford dinner out, on top of all of my other bills, I'd stay home. I wouldn't be able to enjoy being out.
How many times do I have to go through this ?! Ability to afford isn’t the issue, it is the damned principle that is the problem.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How many times do I have to go through this ?! Ability to afford isn’t the issue, it is the damned principle that is the problem.

What principle? The idea that a person asking someone to a dinner or event has the expectation of treating their guest?

Old 10-05-2018, 09:53 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Do you feel this put out about buying a round, a birthday gift, or picking up a check with your friends? Is this a dating issue for you, or is this that you don't like to be generous to anyone?

Old 10-05-2018, 09:58 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do you feel this put out about buying a round, a birthday gift, or picking up a check with your friends? Is this a dating issue for you, or is this that you don't like to be generous to anyone?
Not even the same thing. Those situations I’m giving crap to people I know and trust. A date I don’t know who the hell she is or if she is even worth my time and money. Difference.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Not even the same thing. Those situations I’m giving crap to people I know and trust. A date I don’t know who the hell she is or if she is even worth my time and money. Difference.
How many times do YOU have to be told?
Asking someone to go with you, and paying their way IS the principal.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
How many times do YOU have to be told?
Asking someone to go with you, and paying their way IS the principal.

Yup. It's also weird to me to go out with someone if I don't know it is worth my time. If I made the decision to ask them out, I decided it was worth my time and money. If I don't think they are, I wouldn't ask them out.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
I listened to a Ted talk once, sadly can't recall the name of the man who was giving it... But he was coming from a place of being generally desirable, good looking and well off, and saying that as a man who respects himself, if his date does not at least OFFER to pay her own way in the early getting-to-know-each-other stages, he will drop her fast. He explained it really well. It's a matter of not wanting to feel taken advantage of. He may opt to pay for her if he wants to, but it should feel like a choice made freely, not an expectation or an imposition.

I completely agreed. I think that early on when you do not know each other that well, having some kind of an expectation that another person is obligated to put out money, sex, or anything, is just...well, it feels disrespectful. It is definitely a matter of principle.

That said, I think that if one person asks another person out, it's considerate to think about the cost of the date, too. Like if I would not ordinarily go to Chez Fancy and spend $100 on dinner (which I wouldn't) but some guy specifically asked me to go there...I'm going to mention that I really cannot afford that. It's not a matter of poverty, it's a matter of priorities. I have many other things I'd rather do with $100 than buy one meal or one evening's entertainment, that is just where I'm at. If he wants badly enough to go there, he can pay. If not...I'm really just as happy with Ihop or something. Breakfast all day? Count me in! Or coffee, ice cream, a free museum or a walk.

That's just a matter of aligning one's principles and priorities. It doesn't make one right or wrong, but it signals compatibility or lack thereof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships