Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 05:21 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,478,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
A victim of The Condom Turkey Baster Conspiracy!
You sure have an imagination and a way with words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 05:42 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,156,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
More likely these were older men who would have experienced the same dysfunction regardless.
A valid point and one that I've considered.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:33 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,647,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
With the bolded - That's where I have the problem. The statistical rates of single motherhood are TOO HIGH if we assume that 90% of people are doing EVERYTHING in their power not to have a baby under these conditions. I already am aware that once the pregnancy hormones start kicking in it's already over. Most Women are not going to win that battle otherwise the species would have died out - HOWEVER, the same logic must apply to Men if we expect Men to just sit by and "keep it in their pants".

However, the fact is that in 2016 2 million Chylamydia/Gonorrhea infections were recorded : https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...revention.html

That means a whopping 2 MILLION times we have people not using protection. If all of them used protection that would mean with a 10% condom failure rate only 200K people would get STDs given our current population. Condom sales won't help us see responsibility because buying a condom doesn't mean you use it and you'd have to calculate average use. The BACTERIAL STD rate is the true barometer of safe sex. Because there is virtually no chance to catch a bacterial STD unless you are having penetrative sex with no protection.

Female hormonal birth control is no longer profitable or a cash cow. The real reason RISUG/Vasagel isn't available is because the U.S. elite need a large ignorant proletariat voter base to consume, vote and generate profit. Less lemmings = Not enough tax money to finance their shenanigans.
But "single" includes widowed and divorced as well as never-been-married. It's impossible to take such a large population and draw a correct conclusion which applies to all members.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:18 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,770,499 times
My single son had a vasectomy at age 35 as he decided, after a few live in girlfriends, that he did not want children. At age 50 he met a 35 year old divorcee who had a 7 year old son and did not want any more children. They fell madly in love and married, and she came off birth control. They have a very active sex life.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:25 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,120,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Yes, yes, oh yes, we have EVERYTHING to gain from being single parents. We'll be mostly broke for the next several years of our lives. We won't take vacations cause you never know when you'll need an unscheduled doctor's appointment.
Unless you are vacationing in some 3rd world village there will be hospitals.

Quote:
And it's just OH SO MUCH FUN when the ex wants to question you on every dollar of child support he sends you, and grumbles to your kids that you're wasting money he could've used to buy a boat or something.

While some guys are layabouts even when married many that do the complaining know how much it costs to feed and clothe a child because they did that while the family was still intact, but the courts ask for MORE than it costs to raise said child which is ridiculous since child support is supposed to be for 50% of the care and upbringing of the child not 70-80% or in some cases 100% + supplementing the ex's lifestyle depending on the fathers income(as if that matters).

When I was still paying child support there was a guy at the "attorney generals office" who had incorporated his and his brothers business and gave himself a salary so he could pay the minimum amount of child support but he also would buy his children anything they needed, took them shopping, paid for their after-school activates medical insurance and kept receipts and his ex was still taking him to court to get his child support raised.

Most of us don't have the ability to fight the system like that hats off too him.

Quote:
And you're oh so right. Us ladies...we SURE like our leverage. It's the only reason to have babies. They teach us that, when we have our "special class" where the separate the girls from the boys and they teach us about the birds and bees and periods and wet dreams and such. We're graded on it don'tcha know.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!

j/k

Old 09-15-2018, 11:57 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,734,315 times
More and more men are getting it done to protect their finances and it's completely reversible too.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:14 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,647,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Unless you are vacationing in some 3rd world village there will be hospitals
Pretty sure she meant she can't use her paid vacation time to take an actual vacation; she needs to save it to use for when her kid is sick and she must miss work. (You can't send a sick kid to school or daycare). This is very common among single mothers.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 PM

3 posts, read 1,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I didn't marry till 37, didn't have kids till 38 and 40. It would have been a dealbreaker for me.

That's interesting that you waited so long, is there a reason?

Old 09-16-2018, 05:44 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,039,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y4nh4w53 View Post
That's interesting that you waited so long, is there a reason?
Tabula would have been a deal breaker for me for wanting children at such a late age. I once dated a 40 year old that was still itchin for kids because she didn't have any. Her break up with me was the same reason she had a break up with her previous 45 year old boyfriend.

I knew of a 50 year old that had a 25 year old daughter, and a 6 year old son. (She had her son mid-40s). Dunno what some women's obsession with having kids at such a late age.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:45 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,895,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Tabula would have been a deal breaker for me for wanting children at such a late age. I once dated a 40 year old that was still itchin for kids because she didn't have any. Her break up with me was the same reason she had a break up with her previous 45 year old boyfriend.

I knew of a 50 year old that had a 25 year old daughter, and a 6 year old son. (She had her son mid-40s). Dunno what some women's obsession with having kids at such a late age.
And when you have kids that late as a Woman greater chance for the ever increasing down syndrome and autism. I can tell you right now even with the federal money nobody can afford a child with those issues.

People say student loans is the debt that won't go away - Nope it is unplanned kids. They are far more expensive than 90% of student loan balances I have seen. Having a kid is more expensive than Harvard Medical school. But unfortunately hormonal blinders installed by evolution ensure that most Women will never make that connection. So you'll increasingly have more Men like the OP who have to take matters into their own hands to preserve quality of life.

People just don't want to accept the fact that they don't have enough money and are not privileged enough to have a child and give it a better life than they had. And congress and Consumer Packaged Goods Conglomerates are banking on primitive desire to reproduce over-riding the values of civilization and quality control on the population. The dumb federally subsidized low income uneducated consumer will continue to out number the innovative producer 100:1 (if not more). And that's what keeps the current model of capitalism afloat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships