Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 11:15 AM

408 posts, read 431,036 times

Advertisements

Ladies, just wondering how many of you settled down with an alpha guy vs a more beta type?

I know there's no hard science but I've been reading articles like this: https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/6426/signs-beta-male/

Basically these claim beta men are better longterm partners.

For me, I'm almost always more initially attracted to a more masculine/confident guy which I'm assuming is the "alpha." But give it time and I find a less assertive guy can be just as attractive; it just takes longer to get there.

I look at older married couples; some women seem to be with men who have a perpetual "wandering eye" it seems and the relationship appears from the outside to be a very naggy wife/distant husband type partnership. Others seem more egalitarian, happy and secure. As a woman, I feel like part of finding the latter is picking the right guy to begin with; someone who appreciates you for the longterm, makes you feel secure 10 years down the road, pulls his weight around the house, etc. Is that a beta type guy? Do you think these "types" even exist?

Old 11-09-2018, 11:29 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
I think the whole thing is bullfrog. (Word intentionally altered to adhere to CD TOS.)

Those are all good personality traits. I don't have a list of alpha traits but guessing the same writer would make them all negative except for assertiveness and Chad looks.

Just bypass the alpha/beta thing. That's a pretty good list, I have all those traits, but I steal women from (I guess) alpha men because I treat women like a gentleman should, and they don't. Old age, stealth, and treachery will always beat out youth and good looks! I kick below the belt because it works best, and because it doesn't hurt my foot. The other guy, not so good...

With we gentlemen our ladies always come first!

Go with the list and forget about the alpha/beta garbage.

Anyway, are you going to hand out alpha/beta tests before dates?

Old 11-09-2018, 11:52 AM

52,244 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Jeez.

Another one of these threads, huh?

Can't these get relegated to the no zone like height and race, etc etc??

Old 11-09-2018, 11:55 AM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Here's another reminder to read the forum rules in the Sticky thread. No more alpha/beta threads. The topic has been discussed to death previously. This thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships