Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 07:21 PM

307 posts, read 631,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjoelnir View Post
Is that a reason though?
I've never heard of anyone getting aggressive due to someone telling them they don't think it should continue, other than news stories of a few stalkers and odd cases like this.
How many people are so bad at taking rejection that this becomes a problem? 1 in 10.000?
A while lot more than that, you just don't hear about them unless they reach the level of news stories. I've always broken things off in a conversation, but I have had several that didn't want to take no for an answer to the point where I was forced to change my routine and screen my calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 12:44 PM

66 posts, read 50,721 times
This is not about ghosting. We do not forget people we like.

This is about making people chat more and keep their subscription going for as long as possible.

In other words - it is just another profit boosting technic.

Duh.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:22 PM

3,145 posts, read 1,601,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Way too many. Even I myself have had occasions when someone got threatening with me because I refused his advances telling him I'm a heterosexual. I'd be busy with work wherever I can go or sometimes running my errands where I get approached out of the blue by someone. Even if one in a billion people were that bad at taking rejection, it's a problem. I have at least one lady friend that I have concerns about because of what I've faced. One of them tell me how they get chased out of the store by some extremely thirsty guy. Another guy almost punched her out at her workplace because of rejection and then keyed her car. etc.

Hey, I myself don't like ghosting as much as you do. But I give passes. For instance, if we've dated one time, I don't give a whether you get in touch with me or not. Out of courtesy, I'll reach out to you, but if you are not going to respond, then I'll just move on to the next. Then for those that go out on a date or two with the person and that person seems unstable or they find out something about the person that screams "BAD CHOICE", then sure, maybe ghost.

I don't even do online dating, and if I did do online dating, I wouldn't ghost. But I don't look at ghosters as lowly as I used to do . It depends on the circumstances. There are some circumstances where if you ghost, then if I knew why, I would not agree with you for ghosting. But that is none of my business.

Ghosters, think. Ghosting might not solve everything either. People take ghosting at least as bad as rejection. So if you're worried about retaliation from a ghostee, imagine what happens if that person finds you after you ghosted...

Think.

One person who ghosted me has reappeared. I saw her, but went on with my business, but she kept looking at me. To her, I am a ghost in a physical body. If she wants to talk to me, she's gonna have to initiate.

...that would be the best case scenario. Anything can happen when you're found.
Your post reminded me of Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction." "I will not be ignored."

Old 11-15-2018, 04:38 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Your post reminded me of Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction." "I will not be ignored."
I'm actually the opposite. I would prefer to be ignored. I ignore back. No harm, no foul.

It is the show up every place I go thing that raises my hairs.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:41 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
i thought the bot would auto respond for them, cat fish each other until they start to talk for real....

Old 11-15-2018, 04:45 PM

3,145 posts, read 1,601,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I'm actually the opposite. I would prefer to be ignored. I ignore back. No harm, no foul.

It is the show up every place I go thing that raises my hairs.
It was this statement:

"Ghosters, think. Ghosting might not solve everything either. People take ghosting at least as bad as rejection. So if you're worried about retaliation from a ghostee, imagine what happens if that person finds you after you ghosted..." that reminded me of the movie. If you haven't seen the movie, it might not make sense to you

Old 11-15-2018, 06:32 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
It was this statement:

"Ghosters, think. Ghosting might not solve everything either. People take ghosting at least as bad as rejection. So if you're worried about retaliation from a ghostee, imagine what happens if that person finds you after you ghosted..." that reminded me of the movie. If you haven't seen the movie, it might not make sense to you
Oh I've seen the movie.

I just think about a lot of things. Like if rejection is bad and ghosting is worse...

I'm scared of the headlines I'm going to be seeing on the news. It is just a matter of time.

But not in a million years would I...oh I can't even think about it.

Shutter*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships