Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2018, 02:42 AM

1,593 posts, read 776,787 times

Advertisements

I’m tired of being wrong.

That’s what it amounts to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 07:16 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post

Don't be discouraged, this can be done. Just remember, if you get in shape w/ muscle tone, there is a 100% chance that some non zero percentage of women will be interested in you.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:40 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Don't be discouraged, this can be done. Just remember, if you get in shape w/ muscle tone, there is a 100% chance that some non zero percentage of women will be interested in you.
Did he mention anything about working out?

Or, he could date not-so-athletic women, right? Kind of goldilocks, not to fat, not to thin, just right.

Kind of stick to his own kind when it come to appearance, that's a possibility.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:32 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:

Are you going to take any of the advice, or just stay in your own head?

Old 12-29-2018, 10:27 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:

To live is to be wrong.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:29 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. This is more supplicating behavior. I generally call women all kinds of pet names from 'baby', to 'babe', 'love', sometimes even playful names like 'love chop', or 'kitty cat', and for the most part they love it.

If you want to continue to call women "women" that's your decision but do not do it as supplicating behavior.
Baby? As in "please, baby? Please please please baby?"

That can be supplicating too.

JS

As for woman, you can say "C'MON, WOMAN!!!"

Not so supplicating

Old 12-29-2018, 10:39 AM

99 posts, read 48,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Baby? As in "please, baby? Please please please baby?"

That can be supplicating too.

JS

As for woman, you can say "C'MON, WOMAN!!!"

Not so supplicating
LOL it's more like "see ya later babe!" when leaving somewhere. It's like "people get mad about that? REALLY?" HAHAHAH

Old 12-29-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Are you going to take any of the advice, or just stay in your own head?

The advice that puts me on the path to being the man I want to be, yes. Some of it is not who I want to be. I'm not going to be the kind of guy who is cavalier and asks out strangers. That's not me. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the advice.

My emphasis needs to be on being the man I want to be. That's the only thing I'm going to feel good about in the long run. It's where my focus has been for the last year, but I always held out hope that by being more like the man I wanted to be I would be more attractive to women. That hasn't happened for me. Women are polite and friendly to me, just like they've always been. I meet more and talk to more now, as being more social in general was something I wanted to change about myself, but that hasn't meant that they're any more interested in me than they ever have been.

Maybe getting my BMI down to 18 and chiseling my abs and finding a job in a major metro area and figuring out how to dress slick will change that. I tend to think there's a fallacy in believing "Just one more thing, is what I need for women to like me, just one more." I'm a hell of a lot more objectively attractive than I was a year ago...and it hasn't been enough for me. There will always be one more thing that I don't have that some other guy will. If I'm not enough for someone in who I am now, I never will be.

I need to be a person I want to be FIRST. Maybe I'll find a woman who wants me for that, for being myself. Maybe I won't. But hoping that this next thing I'm changing, that'll be the one, that'll make me desirable...I have to leave that hope behind. I have to leave trying to force my way to success in dating behind. I've spend a tremendous amount of time and energy on trying to find a relationship in the past year. It's not working, it's not in my direct control, and I have more worthwhile ways to spend my time in this next year.

I'll take an opportunity if one presents itself. But "polite and friendly" has never been an opportunity for me before, so I'm done thinking it could be in the future. I'm looking for more than that from now on.

Old 12-29-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Did he mention anything about working out?

Or, he could date not-so-athletic women, right? Kind of goldilocks, not to fat, not to thin, just right.

Kind of stick to his own kind when it come to appearance, that's a possibility.

I've asked all kinds of women. Older, younger, thicker, thinner, pretty, not-so-pretty, introverted, extroverted. "My own kind," I don't think there is such a thing.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
My wife asked me out first... Her first sign of interest was saying to me, "hey nerd, we're going on a date with a smile"

I asked her why did she ask me out she said cause I wasn't going to do it so she went for it.

That was just her cause she's always been outspoken, some other women refuse to ask men out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships