Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 01:37 PM

6 posts, read 3,418 times

Advertisements

I am 32 year old who made some dumb mistakes in his youth that led to two fantastic boys who have recently left the nest to travel the world for 1 year before they start engineering school abroad.

So i am now dating and i am getting a lot of hits(tinder bumble etc) but the dates never lead to second dates because i am honest and let a lady know that i don't want anymore kids. I spent 19 years taking care of and raising two boys and i am sort of over that at this point, just over a year ago i got a vasectomy .

I don't want to end up alone for the rest of my life but i haven't dated in a nearly a decade so i could use some advice.
How would you best bring up the point of not wanting kids

Last edited by freetoroam; 02-02-2019 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 01:39 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Be up front about it. Don’t waste someone’s time.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Keep being honest about it, but you'll have to be patient.

There are many more women these days who also don't want kids.

To me, the trickier part would be explaining how you had twins at age 13 and took care of them while in high school.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

To me, the trickier part would be explaining how you had twins at age 13 and took care of them while in high school.
Honestly that has really never been a hard , I had two loving parents who after reality sunk in decided to help me raise the boys.

My mom made sure I finished high school and went to university . She took care of the boys in those years whilst I was studying.

The mother of my children is sadly no longer in their life .

Old 02-02-2019, 02:14 PM

553 posts, read 302,715 times
I’m a female and I don’t want kids. You’ll find women who are relieved and happy you don’t want more either.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:22 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
OP, there are many, many women, regardless of age, of childbearing years who have no desire to have children--many. So, relax and please do not worry re that issue.

Be honest; always be honest. So, you made mistakes when you were young. Well, so did and do the rest of us. Welcome to the club that everyone belongs to.

Please also do not feel as though you have to "apologize" to a woman, or anyone, for having children at a young age. I am sure there is a story behind it that you can share with the right lady friend; it's no one else's business.

People cannot can not make you feel shame about something you yourself do not feel shame about. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Carry on!

Old 02-02-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
I’m a female and I don’t want kids. You’ll find women who are relieved and happy you don’t want more either.
The *normal" people in my age group don't have college aged kids. So dating within my age group narrows down odds finding someone who doesn't want kids. .

Guess I'm just getting a little tired

Old 02-02-2019, 02:23 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetoroam View Post
I am 32 year old who made some dumb mistakes in his youth that led to two fantastic boys who have recently left the nest to travel the world for 1 year before they start engineering school abroad.

So i am now dating and i am getting a lot of hits(tinder bumble etc) but the dates never lead to second dates because i am honest and let a lady know that i don't want anymore kids. I spent 19 years taking care of and raising two boys and i am sort of over that at this point, just over a year ago i got a vasectomy .

I don't want to end up alone for the rest of my life but i haven't dated in a nearly a decade so i could use some advice.
How would you best bring up the point of not wanting kids
I would not get into deep discussions about the future on a first date. Other than that if asked simply say I raised two children and I was really young. I’m not looking to doing it again when I’m older.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:25 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
You had twins when you were 13, who are now travelling for a year before they go to school on another continent?

Well, hello new poster!

Old 02-02-2019, 02:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetoroam View Post

So dating within my age group narrows down odds finding someone who doesn't want kids.
Are you sure that's the reason there are no second dates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships