Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 01:14 PM

880 posts, read 531,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Anyhow, some of those conversations were pretty hilarious. I have at least as dirty a mind as a guy and when pressured, may demand haikus of a highly questionable nature. In fact I would say I'm arguably more pervy than most pervy men, I just have some clue about waiting until both people in a conversation of messages are ok with going there. You just don't open with questions about anyone sitting on anyone...lol...

Oh. Also, it gets weirder. My ex and I were both on OLD and living in the same house (different floors/rooms) for some time and while I was on OKC and we'd kinda compare notes. He wanted me to help him with his profile, and he offered up the information that I was one of only 12 women in the entire city of Colorado Springs who had checked "casual sex." LOL!
Once people get to know me they realize i have quite a wicked mind, my partner has commented a lot about me being such a perv for someone who comes across as a prude.

My ex and i were on dating apps while we were still living together (i was in the process of buying my property), different floors too. He would confide in me the difficulty in finding dates. I came across his bumble profile one time after he had met his now wife, i remember messaging him to inform him that deleting the app doesn't delete the profile. It was super weird to see his pic and read what he wrote.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:19 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I only pay for a weekly membership if I see I have a match which is only $9.00. Other than that I just browse and swipe for free. I can throw away $9.00 by going across the street and buying 2 lemonades and a bag of chips lol. Now when it comes to $20.00 that is my limit for a actual dating site.

Fair enough. $0.00 is my limit. I've never seen any advantage.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:46 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Yikes!!

I've heard there are quite a few chubby chasers out there, on and offline. As you said many are nice looking and physically fit.
True, but typically they wouldn't be caught dead with said ladies in public.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:51 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Yeah, these men aren't taking chubbies home to meet the family and friends.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:16 PM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, these men aren't taking chubbies home to meet the family and friends.
HAHAHAHA... whoo. You guys don't get out enough. And it shows.

I know tons of guys who are with heavier ladies, and they do not keep them a secret. I see them everywhere, hell I don't know how many times I've noticed a nice looking man and then the woman he is with and thought "Holy... OK well he must just be into that type of gal. But damn though." People do not do this "looks match" foolish nonsense that guys on CD who struggle to find a partner use to justify their struggles. Nope.

And hell as many people as I am friends with, where there's a good looking person with a not-so-good looking person in one way or another, and plenty of those being the heavier gals, I'd say they have no problem introducing them to their friends since I'm one of their friends and I've totally been introduced.

EDIT: Also to clarify, I find a lot of technically "overweight" people to be lovely. I'm speaking in terms of that moronic beauty standard "supposedly good looking" thing.

Those mindsets tend to go away past, I dunno, high school? College at most? Normal people grow up and they aren't obsessed with what others are surely thinking or saying about them.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:23 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHA... whoo. You guys don't get out enough. And it shows.

I know tons of guys who are with heavier ladies, and they do not keep them a secret. I see them everywhere, hell I don't know how many times I've noticed a nice looking man and then the woman he is with and thought "Holy... OK well he must just be into that type of gal. But damn though." People do not do this "looks match" foolish nonsense that guys on CD who struggle to find a partner use to justify their struggles. Nope.

And hell as many people as I am friends with, where there's a good looking person with a not-so-good looking person in one way or another, and plenty of those being the heavier gals, I'd say they have no problem introducing them to their friends since I'm one of their friends and I've totally been introduced.

EDIT: Also to clarify, I find a lot of technically "overweight" people to be lovely. I'm speaking in terms of that moronic beauty standard "supposedly good looking" thing.

Those mindsets tend to go away past, I dunno, high school? College at most? Normal people grow up and they aren't obsessed with what others are surely thinking or saying about them.

Yeah...I was wondering what the "secret" was? I see them, know them, don't think anything about it.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:23 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Guess I didn't realize nobody is concerned about weight anymore. That's a relief. I can finish that ice cream calling my name from the freezer.
Then there was bachelor Luke Conley from "More to Love".

Old 03-06-2019, 03:26 PM

399 posts, read 354,951 times
Is it OK to ask a female "How much money do you make?"
I'm fed up with gold-diggers on Tinder, it's full of them!

Old 03-06-2019, 03:31 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
I know tons of guys who are with heavier ladies, and they do not keep them a secret. I see them everywhere, hell I don't know how many times I've noticed a nice looking man and then the woman he is with and thought "Holy... OK well he must just be into that type of gal. But damn though."
Yeah. My brother is married to a huge woman, but he's no prize himself. He's also obese and doesn't care. It's sad to see. At least his wife is making an effort and going to the gym.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:37 PM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Guess I didn't realize nobody is concerned about weight anymore. That's a relief. I can finish that ice cream calling my name from the freezer.
Then there was bachelor Luke Conley from "More to Love".
Quite a jump from the fact that some people will date a heavyset person, (and obviously some won't, duh) and when you are into someone you don't furtively go around worrying if the world around you is going to shame or judge you for your taste because you're a mature adult who lives life without obsessing about what the popular kids might say... versus "nobody is concerned about weight anymore."

I mean, I don't care what you eat. But just because I feel no need to throw shade at anybody over their body...how is it even my business?...does not mean that I am over here like "We should all get fat!" I know heavy people I think are attractive, yeah. I know thin people I think are attractive, too. Some people are concerned about it, I'm sure, but I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
Is it OK to ask a female "How much money do you make?"
I'm fed up with gold-diggers on Tinder, it's full of them!
I'd be pizzed if anybody asked me about my money when dating. I'm happier to discuss my sex life than my finances. That's nobody's business. All anyone needs to know, including the man I am living with, is that I can pay my share of the bills, what my expectation is for his share, that I hold my own and pay my way.

I'd never ask a man that question, though. It is plenty easy to observe someone and listen to information they volunteer. Way more important than income is money philosophies, spending and saving habits, etc. You can easily pick up on that if you just pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.