Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 07:59 PM

49 posts, read 23,199 times

Advertisements

my girlfriend asked me if i wanted to go to a porch fest with her and her friends. I had plans but she said she really wants to hang out with me so I said yes. We met up at her place around 11am, her friends came over. we had food and drinks. We then left to walk around her neighborhood to watch people play music. I started feeling really bad ( wasn't because of alcohol, didn't have a single drink). We were close to her place, so I told her i was going to walk back to her place cause I needed to use the bathroom. I threw up, and was feeling terrible. I texted her about it and she said ' let me know if you feel better, i'll let you know where we are'. I wasn't gonna go out again so i told her I'm staying at her place. 4 hours pass, and I'm just laying down in pain. She then texts me and told me that she is at her friend's place. Just fyi, her friends place is very close to her place. She had to walk past her place to get to his place. She didn't even consider just checking on me and then going to her friend's place. I got mad but didn't say anything because I want her to have fun. then I got an uber to my place. She is still at her friend's place right now, and she texted me saying, hope you feel better, thats it.

Is it selfish of me to want her to at least check up on me? She is already planning to hang out with the same group of friends tomorrow. And she knows i can't go tomorrow. So if she is already gonna hang out with them tomorrow, why not come hang out with me? Is it crazy of me? I feel like i'm being illogical.

These types of events happen a lot and she makes me feel crazy when I tell her that it bothers me. I haven't told her about today cause she'll just make feel crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 08:08 PM

1,153 posts, read 568,896 times
In your place, I would have preferred for her to check up on me, too. I'd feel a bit neglected to be honest.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
You are not crazy.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:50 PM

17,844 posts, read 9,277,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leboss12345 View Post
Is it selfish of me to want her to at least check up on me?
A little bit, yes.

Quote:
She is already planning to hang out with the same group of friends tomorrow. And she knows i can't go tomorrow. So if she is already gonna hang out with them tomorrow, why not come hang out with me? Is it crazy of me?
Not necessarily crazy but, again, it does seem selfish of you.

You're supposedly sick, and she's out having fun with her friends. These are plans she already had with her friends prior to including you. And you want her to drop everything so she can be there to listen to you whine about your little tummy ache.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
It was highly inconsiderate of her not to at least check in on you, given the length of time you had been dating. Hell, I would have at least checked in on a first date, which is more consideration than she gave you. Beyond rude and self-centered.

Again, though, this is par for the course for her, according to your other thread about her.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:03 PM

102,240 posts, read 108,130,790 times
How long have you two been together? What is it you see in her, that leads you to put up with repeated neglect from her? What's on the "plus" side of the ledger in this relationship?

Old 07-13-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What is it you see in her, that leads you to put up with repeated neglect from her?
Is it neglect? Or is the OP needy?

Old 07-13-2019, 09:09 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,012,495 times
Quote:

...I got mad but didn't say anything because I want her to have fun.
Good! The smartest, most decent thing you could have done.

It sounds like she did not know exactly how bad you felt, so she can't really be faulted.

Instead of agonizing over her hanging out with friends, think of all the good stuff you can be doing (that is hard to do when she is around) while she is away.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
She sounds selfish as hell. Dump her.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Is it neglect? Or is the OP needy?
Just briefly checked out the OP's other thread...

Confusing girlfriend

This dude seems unbelievably needy. He wanted his gf to completely disrupt her life for 30 days because he was fasting, and he thought this was ok because he went with her to her relatives' gatherings on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Last edited by redplum33; 07-13-2019 at 09:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships