Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,264 times

Advertisements

There is absolutely no way to "trap" a man into having a baby. Unless he was drugged or raped. He willingly had sex. And sex causes babies periods. 100% if he is a real man he will step up to the plate and be there for the woman he got pregnant. If not hes plain scum. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 01:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
I was wondering if any of you men out there have been "trapped" so to speak, by a woman who got pregnant with your child?? If so, did you stay with her or commit to her for the baby's sake?? Did you eventually fall in love with her if you weren't already?? Did it last or did you eventually leave her? Or did you leave and take care of the baby as 2 households?

I'm asking because a very good friend of mine had this very thing happen and now he's saying he's going to stay with her for the baby's sake, which I think is insane. They weren't even together when she got pregnant. He had moved out of state and she went to visit him with a few friends. So now he's moving back to be with her, when he's clearly said he doesn't love her, he's just doing it for the baby. I just think he can still take care of the baby, but not "be" with her. What are your opinions??
You play, you pay.

It's like I tell my sons: Don't ever have sex with a woman that you don't really, really like. Because if you knock her up, you might be having a 20-year relationship whether you want to or not.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,090 times
I believe that if a man gets a woman pregnant he needs to assume the responsibility for his actions, if you were having sex then obviously there were feelings there for the girl and the guy knew it. Whether the guy loved her or not, being a guy myself, he should 100% marry the girl and man up! Men who don't are pathetic and are boys. We all take the risk -- why should a woman have to endure suffering and hardship as a single mother while we are living our lives unaffected! Call me old school but my father raised me right. I got my girlfriend pregnant while in college and we found out after I gd broken up with her because I didn't feel in love. I manned up but regret how immature I was about it and feel ashamed how much I made her suffer. I know two years later am completely in love with this strong woman who never gave up on me and has been nothing but a wonderful woman. Sure my life plans changed and I was a selfish idiot at first but now I cannot imagine my life any different. Bottom line: man up and if anyone tells you different then they are selfish *******s not thinking about your child or the woman who trusted you

Old 09-16-2014, 05:10 PM

332 posts, read 435,996 times
REAL men leave the country!

Old 09-16-2014, 05:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeplumley View Post
There is absolutely no way to "trap" a man into having a baby. Unless he was drugged or raped. He willingly had sex. And sex causes babies periods. 100% if he is a real man he will step up to the plate and be there for the woman he got pregnant. If not hes plain scum. Period.
Well said a year ago

Old 09-16-2014, 05:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlymanster View Post
I believe that if a man gets a woman pregnant he needs to assume the responsibility for his actions, if you were having sex then obviously there were feelings there for the girl and the guy knew it. Whether the guy loved her or not, being a guy myself, he should 100% marry the girl and man up! Men who don't are pathetic and are boys. We all take the risk -- why should a woman have to endure suffering and hardship as a single mother while we are living our lives unaffected! Call me old school but my father raised me right. I got my girlfriend pregnant while in college and we found out after I gd broken up with her because I didn't feel in love. I manned up but regret how immature I was about it and feel ashamed how much I made her suffer. I know two years later am completely in love with this strong woman who never gave up on me and has been nothing but a wonderful woman. Sure my life plans changed and I was a selfish idiot at first but now I cannot imagine my life any different. Bottom line: man up and if anyone tells you different then they are selfish *******s not thinking about your child or the woman who trusted you
Glad things worked out for you and you fell in love with the mother of your child.

Experts say the best thing any man can ever do for his child is to love its mother

Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM

332 posts, read 435,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlymanster View Post
This isn't a Miller Lite commercial.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:38 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Stop having sex with people you don't love. With that said, I think it's responsible to try to build a life with the woman carrying their child in her womb, if even out of respect and honor for the woman who's going to be his child's mother. It's a selfless and honorable thing for a man to do. Many men are just neither and won't meet the expectation.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:48 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,764 times
I think you should ask your friend why did he have unprotected sex with a woman he had no intention in having a relationship with. Its not just the fact that now she is pregnant but did he even considered sexually transmitted diseases. Calling the situation "trapped" says you believe this situation is all her doing where I come from it
takes two to tango. That is unless she lied to him about taking birth control pills, he trapped himself. I think its very sad that people don't think about what they are doing such as bringing a new life into the world.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:34 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Takes two to tango. B/C is the responsibility of BOTH, not just the female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships