Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 847 times

Advertisements

I have known a woman for at least 6 years. Only fairly recently have I found out about her addiction to crack (cocaine). I have found many post on this on women with relationships about women trying to pursue maintain a relationship with a crack addicted men but none the other way, therefore I'm curious on what the thoughts are. Now the relationship is more friends with benefits but she hints on that we are something more than friends; though I don't know what that means. She has been to rehab many times and is proud of being off or sober for 8 months before recent relapse. It seems she has extreme bouts of depression due to to withdrawals and the compulsive gambling doesn't help. She claims she has the intention of going to rehab but I'm not sure if she is serious, and if she is how sure can I be that she will pull away from her habit someday for good. Should i expect that she possibly could after using on and off for more than a decade (assuming that at the worst) or do I just try to comfort and encourage her reduce her usage while still maintaining a "relationship" with her, would it be even possible to maintain a "real" romantic relationship should one actually develop with said such person considering the instability that crack causes in nearly every crack addict?
Personally I really value her friendship and I don't believe in abandoning friends no matter what-because I value her friendship so at worst I'd just be her friend from a distance----She has confirmed in "her eyes" for some time that I'm her best friend but I don't really get what these other hints are about in the conversation when she ask me about questions stating I'm single and states that she is single yet as i explained earlier she says we are more than friends. She says she'll find love then immediately goes to I'll find love--she also does that body language tossing thing with her hair in my car with almost every day making sure the hair touches me on my elbow/shoulder. On another occasion while talking on the phone she even stated for all they know we can be boyfriend and girlfriend yet on many occasions she states firmly we are single what is she getting at? she is just playing games (most likely I believe)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 05:48 PM

10,329 posts, read 6,876,687 times
Now THAT's a hell of a first post!

Old 10-03-2021, 06:33 PM

11,398 posts, read 24,473,730 times
I think you have a pretty good idea of what her situation is. Her instability and drive to get drugs from unsavory characters in dangerous places isn’t going to allow you much peace of mind in a relationship. Gambling on top of that, with what? Does she have a job, turn tricks, sell drugs?

You should probably stick to being a friend from a safe distance.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:53 PM

6,883 posts, read 4,891,231 times
No.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:55 PM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times
So, she is a crack addict and a gambler but you want romantic relationship with her?
What are you hoping for? Miracle?
Well, you also mentioned FWB (are you paying for it ?)... Just watch for STD and don't get her pregnant... She can't be trusted.

Quote:
She says she'll find love then immediately goes to I'll find love--she also does that body language tossing thing with her hair in my car with almost every day making sure the hair touches me on my elbow/shoulder
What are you? 16 y.o.?

Old 10-03-2021, 10:06 PM

198 posts, read 100,987 times
This is a classic "if you have to ask" situation. You already know the answer...

Old 10-03-2021, 10:20 PM

1,438 posts, read 736,235 times
yes, as long as she is not in "Active Addiction" problem is every recovering addict is one bad day from returning to their addiction even if they have years or decades clean. but often they make the best partners because they don't want to go back to that life and will cling to any stable thing in their life with a deathgrip, also often they have burnt so many bridges while in active addiction that you become the only one they can turn to so you don't have to compete with friends and family for their affection.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:43 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,730,996 times
What could've possibly gone so wrong that you would even CONSIDER a relationship with a drug addict...

I hope this is a joke....

Old 10-03-2021, 10:54 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,088,575 times
I say go for it.
It’s just a minor flaw.
I mean what’s the worst that could happen?

Old 10-03-2021, 11:21 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,704,392 times
I'd say drop the thoughts of having a 'relationship' and help her get through her addictions first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships