Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 08:21 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times

Advertisements

dance--we tried to take lessons one, but he didnt learn a thing--gave up half way through
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 08:23 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecia View Post
That he's not a robot, only doing house chores when I ask him to? lol Pick up after himself so I don't have to take care of him like how I'm taking care of a child?

We had many conversations, but I think at the end men, or at least my husband just lacks brain power in that department. I kind of just learnt to deal with it. There's no use being upset over menial stuff like picking up his socks.
My hubby is a slob!!!!! He goes place to place making little messes. Now, he is not aloud in the living room and has one chair he can use in the family room. One chair in the kitchen and his own bathroom. I try to limit him to only three rooms so now he sleeps in the chair in the family room. It is helping. He is a little upset because the dogs still sleep in the bed with me but, they are not messy.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:07 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecia View Post
That he's not a robot, only doing house chores when I ask him to? lol Pick up after himself so I don't have to take care of him like how I'm taking care of a child?

We had many conversations, but I think at the end men, or at least my husband just lacks brain power in that department. I kind of just learnt to deal with it. There's no use being upset over menial stuff like picking up his socks.
OMG, I think you read my mind.lol The robot comparison is pretty much hitting it on the head. Mindless robot would be even better lol Except I do get angry about it, I feel like I have to direct him all the time. If he could think of doing something that involved household chores or the kids just one time, I might die of a heart attack!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:04 PM

59 posts, read 318,486 times
do the deed down thur hahaha JKJK... well i just got out of a 4 yr relationship but i def wish he wasn't such a robot like the few others have mentioned.. like take initiative and be more ambitious. i was the cleaner and the planner.. i just couldnt do it all!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
re I wish my partner would ---- i don't depend on somebody else to meet my needs. that is my job. trying to make others happy has not been a good job for me even when spending huge amounts of money and effort, she was never happy. i got out of the biz in 94. one of the happiest moments of my life was when i discovered during our separation that she was just as miserable in my absence as in my presence. wonderful feeling.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:40 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy234 View Post
What is that one thing you need from your soul mate that you really badly wish they would fulfil, besides money and s**.

Did you want a house, more time together, kids.....? Have you tried dropping a hint to a brick wall and still did not get it, or did it finally ring the bell and that person took care of you?
My wish for my partner or "soulmate" would be that they are comfortable enough in their own skin to know that only they can make themselves happy and vice versa. I would only expect them to share their life with me through the peaks and valleys of the journey.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:53 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
I wish my partner would:

stop telling me to take out the trash when its not full
sit and watch an entire football game with me
teach me how to quick step and do the viennese waltz
learn to cook something other than borscht
give me a pedicure more than once a month
stop asking me to do stuff when Im watching something important on tv
check her e-mail more than once a month
wash the dog herself sometime and not wait for me to do it

Old 05-17-2008, 12:08 AM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,453 times
  1. ....stay out of my room. That's my little piece of funky heaven, my dog's little piece of funky heaven. When I die, everything anyone will ever need to know about me is in my one room of the house. I don't care how she decorates the other rooms, just leave my little space alone.
  2. ...stop piling things on the workbench. I keep it clean so I have space to work on it when I need to!
  3. ...not always blame my dog for messing in the house. There are two other dogs here, hers, ours and mine. Mine actually has good bathroom habits.
  4. ...not yell at any or all of the dogs if they wake us up to go out at five in the morning. They're trying to do the right thing, don't get mad.
Other than that she's a real peach.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:25 AM

159 posts, read 517,344 times
Rather long lists here. I'm not alooone after all, eh? My man is perfect, still I've itty bitty complaints.........hmmm.....that's life!!

Old 05-17-2008, 06:31 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Talking I wish my partner would:

Walk through the door right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships