Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 10:59 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc654 View Post
Why would a guy give me mixed signals, glance, flirt with me, suggest to hang out without making specific plans, be nice one day and mean/avoid or look at me angrily the next, and be hot&cold on text? Sometimes he'd flirt with my friend in front of me too. And say some weird stuff insinuating that I don't love him, why this game/manipulation? Many times I felt like he was just stringing me along. On the other hand it makes no sense to me, to act like this for months. I got pissed, ignored him and went no contact, we don't talk anymore. I flirted back and showed some interest, I didn't say no when he suggested to meet so I don't understand. He looked like a nice guy and seemed genuinely interested sometimes but I'm probably a fool here. Why do they come crawling back only when I get fed up for good?
Because he's immature. The only way he knows of relating to women is through manipulation. He's trying make you jealous, other times he tries to put you on the defensive, so you'll object to his accusations and say you care, etc. This is not an emotionally healthy, mature adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2022, 11:32 AM

7 posts, read 14,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Just not saying “no” apparently didn’t give him enough indication/inspiration that you might say “yes”?

If you want to get together, ask him if he’d like to do something with you, and then suggest what, when, where, etc. like anyone else would do when they’re making plans.

Maybe that’s too easy.

I actually said yes but didn't ask about time or place, I thought he would do that. Then he never mentioned it again so I figured he was just messing with me.

Old 07-28-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I think maybe she got the writing time line out of order. I think she meant to say that she was always encouraging, even though he played these kind of games...up until a point. And then she got fed up and shut it down.

OP, for what it's worth, women can do this too. It seems like...it's more about seeing if they can keep you hopping and keep you coming back. You were wise to let him go.
Yeah that's what I meant, I was giving some positive signals and still hot&cold went on.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:22 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Let it fade. There are so many other good people out there. Don’t let this one occupy any more space in your life.

There’s no telling why he does it, but you already know it’s not right.

Old 07-29-2022, 10:33 AM

150 posts, read 74,196 times
Quote:
And say some weird stuff insinuating that I don't love him, why this game/manipulation?
Wait, you guys are talking about love and have not even gone on a date?

Why would he expect love at this point? And why would you not think he was completely off his rocker for even saying that?

Old 07-31-2022, 01:09 PM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So just to clarify:

Him: flirt with me, suggest to hang out without making specific plans, be nice one day and mean/avoid or look at me angrily the next, and be hot&cold on text.

You: I got pissed, ignored him and went no contact, we don't talk anymore. I flirted back and showed some interest.

why this game/manipulation? Because you both seem to like it

I agree w/ the above! You're no better than he is then the way you, "flirted back & showed interest".

A smart, no-nonsense type of lady wouldn't want to waste her time & forget his stupid ___ permanently the second she observed this wishy-washy behavior from him. What is this junior high?! (& even then, I didn't act like that!) I know I wouldn't put up w/ it for a second! Forget how cute, sexy, if he has a good job, etc. or whatever else he might be/have. I look at a person's character & darn it, if he doesn't have the moral values & ethics that are up to my standards, who needs him?! I know I'm worth it & don't need nor deserve that BS!

Old 11-05-2022, 12:36 PM

Default Is he not into me?

My guy friend who sent me many signals of interest suggested that we meet up and I replied a short yes but didn't ask about details because I thought he would do that. I waited and it never happened, he didn't mention it again. Then after quite a long time I asked him if he wants to go out. He also said a short yes but didn't ask about any details. He still flirts, smiles and sometimes stares to the point that it's painfully obvious and annoying like turning his head when I walk by, positioning himself near me etc. I noticed he doesn't do that to any other girl. He looks like he wants to talk to me but perhaps he's just joking around? And the next day he avoids me or acts mean and rude, or gives me the side eye. Could it be because I tend to ignore him and he's insecure? Or was he never into me in the first place? It would be weird to do that if he didn't find me attractive so I'm confused. Could he be secretly gay or have a girlfriend?

Old 11-05-2022, 12:51 PM

632 posts, read 299,194 times
Sounds like you are reading too much into it and are projecting your feelings onto him. The best thing to do would be to tell him that you like him as more than a friend. Then, watch his reaction. I'm guessing he will be shocked.

Old 11-05-2022, 01:34 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Four months later and this is still going on.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...l#post63870899

Old 11-05-2022, 03:18 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
My guy friend who sent me many signals of interest suggested that we meet up and I replied a short yes but didn't ask about details because I thought he would do that. I waited and it never happened, he didn't mention it again. Then after quite a long time I asked him if he wants to go out. He also said a short yes but didn't ask about any details. He still flirts, smiles and sometimes stares to the point that it's painfully obvious and annoying like turning his head when I walk by, positioning himself near me etc. I noticed he doesn't do that to any other girl. He looks like he wants to talk to me but perhaps he's just joking around? And the next day he avoids me or acts mean and rude, or gives me the side eye. Could it be because I tend to ignore him and he's insecure? Or was he never into me in the first place? It would be weird to do that if he didn't find me attractive so I'm confused. Could he be secretly gay or have a girlfriend?
This sounds like high school. You text but don't talk in person, just walk by each other without talking?

If you don't want to be played, stop playing games. Why don't you just go up to him and talk to him?
And how about a suggestion on where to meet and what to do? Act like a grownup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships