Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 04:20 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,061,436 times

Advertisements

Stop giving him all the power in the relationship. What do you want? If this isn’t working for you, change it. Don’t wait for HIM to decide. You get to determine your life, not him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 05:49 AM

880 posts, read 460,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
It's ridiculous. The thing that bothers me is running in to him. It's like a virtual relationship oh yay I get a couple texts love you babe. It's just words on a screen. I can say it to you love you babe, Randomx. It means nothing. We live down the street from each other. That's real life, running into the person and what, we say an awkward hello. I'm not ready to be confronted with real life. I've has a lot of real life this year. The crap that hits you in the face and you realize you made some mistakes that aren't easy to come back from. But I do feel I can. In no way, shape or form am I in a bad position so I've gotten lucky often and made a few good choices as well. Not sure what my next move is. But I'll likely figure it out this month.

Ohhh yea, that would make things difficult. l had that situation with my ex w for the first ex' yr or so , didn't know hth we were suppose to act. Still don't 9yrs later actually as we still talk for things with my daughter.
But nah all this love u stuff is not fair on you whether it's plastic or real when he's doin this. But tbh , it's the thing that makes me think he may actually really might just need some time to do this stuff, and it's not about you two bc you don't go telling someone you wanna split from you love them every 5mins.
Notttt, suggesting he is being legit, people also do very weird shyt too in guilt.
You will , time time , it usually reveals all, it'll come to you , good luck.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:00 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Hate to say it but you’ve already set the precedent by forgiving him for being flake-like in the past. He sees you as expendable on a temp basis at least since you’ve sent the message you’ll tolerate being placed on the shelf for a bit. If this is not acceptable to you, you know what time it is and what words to say.

Old 09-04-2022, 09:04 AM

2,975 posts, read 1,645,736 times
Without knowing you, him or the actual situation, just knowing people in general, it sounds like he's letting you down easy, as they say.

One of the cruelest ways to break up with someone. Saying things like I love you makes it even worse. The breakee is left in the dark, as you are now, not knowing what's really going on. While the breaker knows pretty well it's over.

At this point all you can do is to accept this is a break-up not taking a break.

It's hard I know. Been there.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:04 AM

10,306 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Stop giving him all the power in the relationship. What do you want? If this isn’t working for you, change it. Don’t wait for HIM to decide. You get to determine your life, not him.
OP~ Reread this, because it's important.

Take this with you, for the rest of your life.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:13 AM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
Sometimes people just need to work on themselves and know they cannot be good partners. Love is not enough. You are ready for a committed relationship and he is not. That’s just how it is.

Take good care of your own heart and believe him.

Old 09-04-2022, 12:21 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
It's ridiculous. The thing that bothers me is running in to him. It's like a virtual relationship oh yay I get a couple texts love you babe. It's just words on a screen. I can say it to you love you babe, Randomx. It means nothing. We live down the street from each other. That's real life, running into the person and what, we say an awkward hello. I'm not ready to be confronted with real life. I've has a lot of real life this year. The crap that hits you in the face and you realize you made some mistakes that aren't easy to come back from. But I do feel I can. In no way, shape or form am I in a bad position so I've gotten lucky often and made a few good choices as well. Not sure what my next move is. But I'll likely figure it out this month.
At least you’re free to find a new place to live. It’ll solve a lot.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:16 PM

421 posts, read 237,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Without knowing you, him or the actual situation, just knowing people in general, it sounds like he's letting you down easy, as they say.

One of the cruelest ways to break up with someone. Saying things like I love you makes it even worse. The breakee is left in the dark, as you are now, not knowing what's really going on. While the breaker knows pretty well it's over.

At this point all you can do is to accept this is a break-up not taking a break.

It's hard I know. Been there.
I've asked him literally 40x if he wanted to break up. Even mentioned are you just trying to let me down easy, just don't, I'm hurting now so I'm halfway through it, just break up with me. He said he doesn't want to.

We were supposed to see each other a couple days ago. I pushed him and it felt awkward so I was ok him canceling but then him saying he needed several weeks. . .when he texted to cancel he said he is in love with me and does not want to break up. He even has consistently said he does not want a break, we're still totally together... he may not be the smartest man on the planet but he would have to know this is cruel if he really does want to break up.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:19 PM

421 posts, read 237,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Sometimes people just need to work on themselves and know they cannot be good partners. Love is not enough. You are ready for a committed relationship and he is not. That’s just how it is.

Take good care of your own heart and believe him.

Believe him? That he just needs time apart? I appreciate your taking the time to post but I'm not sure if I understand your response. Are you saying trust him and give him the time he needs so he's ready?

Old 09-04-2022, 05:18 PM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
Quote:
Believe him? That he just needs time apart? I appreciate your taking the time to post but I'm not sure if I understand your response. Are you saying trust him and give him the time he needs so he's ready?
I’m saying believe him that he needs to work on himself and can’t be in a relationship with you.

I don’t think you should put your life on hold waiting for the time that he’s ready. Let him work on himself and you go ahead and move forward with your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships