Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 02:57 PM

9 posts, read 8,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
US workplace anti-harrassment laws make it very tricky to navigate a supervisor/underling relationship (one can readily distill the thousands of pages of regulations, regulatory rulings, and case law down to a single word: "Don't") so my first thought is to wonder if there are similar impediments in German or EU law. If there are, it's best to disabuse yourself of any such notions right away.
Was also my first instinct. Couldn't find anything like that, but as an immigrant in Germany and someone who was previously discriminated in a workplace, I know that any wrong move can get me "killed" in corporate. So yeah, that's why I am crazy careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 02:58 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
OP do you have a history of manic behavior?

Old 09-16-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Take a cold shower and straighten up immediately.

Stop day dreaming and focus on your work.

Maintain a professional attitude always. Don't say anything even remotely like what was suggested above to your boss or you could face immediate dismissal.

You've only been at work two weeks and it's a company you very much enjoy. Don't risk losing everything on foolishness. Take a brisk walk and blow the cobwebs out of your head.

That's not to say your boss isn't everything you say he is. You're probably not the first employee to have a crush on him.

Whoa Nellie, it's waaay too soon to jump the starting bell.

Slow but steady (and staying professional) wins the race.
Thanks a lot for your beautriful, calmly put response. Sometimes we have the asnwers but we need someone else to voice those for us. I do intend to behave my best professional self trying to learn all I can and work as well as possible. I don't intend to stalk the man or jump on him or even initiate anything outside work. I guess I just wanna cherish a hope somewhere in the depth of my heart that he might be my Cinderella story and maybe one day he will notice me as a girl?
If this was a romcom lol, if only this was a romcom and it rained and he offered me a ride, and we ended up talking of our childhood traumas in front of my door until morning ....

Old 09-16-2022, 03:01 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostChild View Post
Was also my first instinct. Couldn't find anything like that, but as an immigrant in Germany and someone who was previously discriminated in a workplace, I know that any wrong move can get me "killed" in corporate. So yeah, that's why I am crazy careful.
In the US it's really the supervisor who's more apt to find himself on the wrong side of a workplace harrassment claim in such an arrangement. Although an underling can still also find himself in trouble depending on behavior, the supervisor's higher position of responsibility and authority places upon him an enhanced duty of caution.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP do you have a history of manic behavior?
no i don't

Old 09-16-2022, 03:05 PM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your beautriful, calmly put response. Sometimes we have the asnwers but we need someone else to voice those for us. I do intend to behave my best professional self trying to learn all I can and work as well as possible. I don't intend to stalk the man or jump on him or even initiate anything outside work. I guess I just wanna cherish a hope somewhere in the depth of my heart that he might be my Cinderella story and maybe one day he will notice me as a girl?
If this was a romcom lol, if only this was a romcom and it rained and he offered me a ride, and we ended up talking of our childhood traumas in front of my door until morning ....
Fall and winter are coming. Bring an umbrella.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Fall and winter are coming. Bring an umbrella.
it rains here every day (

Old 09-16-2022, 03:17 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Sounds like horniness and loneliness to me. Don't be silly and possibly ruin a good job opportunity for some ”fun.” Your feelings are very irrational at worst and a distraction at best. How can you be talking about love with a stranger? For all you know he could be an undercover psycho or more likely married. Focus on your job, leave him alone.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Sounds like horniness and loneliness to me. Don't be silly and possibly ruin a good job opportunity for some ”fun.” Your feelings are very irrational at worst and a distraction at best. How can you be talking about love with a stranger? For all you know he could be an undercover psycho or more likely married. Focus on your job, leave him alone.
He's not married. Or divorced. And not a psycho either. I might have watched too many romance movies, but ya'll watched too much #metoo and modern crap that eliminates all love and just bases life on "reasons and logic" and that's why people these days are about online dating, when you show up at a date with already existing plan - to find a partner. Organiz, beautifully born sparkle is long dead for you peoeple. And it's sad.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:44 PM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
He's not married. Or divorced. And not a psycho either. I might have watched too many romance movies, but ya'll watched too much #metoo and modern crap that eliminates all love and just bases life on "reasons and logic" and that's why people these days are about online dating, when you show up at a date with already existing plan - to find a partner. Organiz, beautifully born sparkle is long dead for you peoeple. And it's sad.
You're going to say something to him aren't you. (Shaking my head.)

Ok. Have at it. Go pursue your beautiful dream. Learn the hard way. It's no skin off of anyone's nose over here, after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships