Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 06:35 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,684,449 times

Advertisements

People who only want to talk endlessly, normally want to pick and choose from all their options rather than stick with one. My limit for talking with someone online is two weeks. If they don't want to at least video chat or meet after that, move on. I've heard of relationships surviving being busy, but that's not a lot of people. There's a lot of people out there just manipulating others' time and acting like they want to meet you (continually), but then when it comes down to it, it doesn't happen.

I didn't notice anything about you giving her money and I hope that you didn't.

If she's being too vague about this or that after a certain period of time, time to move on. I can understand her not wanting to try to talk about "everything" on the first go around. But after 2-3 months, more personal stuff becomes your business too.

Also, unfortunately, it "doesn't matter" if she lied to you about living closer or not. She was apparently interested in another guy more than you, and she showed this in a $#!++y way. I hope you find better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 01:38 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,050,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reypoints11 View Post
I’ll try to make this not as confusing and answer any questions to

So I met this girl online 2 years ago, she originally lived about an hour from me, we hit it off well to where we constantly talked on the phone. She love bombed me at first, and basically become close and closer. I have met her 2 times in person so yes she is real. I met her twice in person as she came to visit me due to to work one time and then friends the next time but she spent time with me also.

As time went on she wanted to move out of her town, wanted to move in my area for a better job and then to be closer to me. So she claims to of moved 10 minutes away from me back in late December of last year, I remember telling her if she needs help moving to let me know since I worked 2 jobs, one I’m retail during the busiest time of the year so I could try asking off….she never communicated with me anything, she only would take her “stress” out on me saying I wouldn’t help etc.

Anyways for the next 6 months I tried multiple times to see her, plan dates etc. and she would agree and then every time the day came she would ghost me, wouldn’t hear from her until a day or 2 later in which she would just talk to me like nothing happened.

Fast forward to June, she still tells me how she loves me and wants to date me long term etc…, then I go on my birthday trip and she tells me she started seeing some guy and basically turned mean to me etc..

Fast forward a month later apparently the new guy hit her and she came running to me (as In phone calls). My empathetic self of course was trying to care, kept asking what hotel she was in etc. she said some hotel in my town but wouldn’t tell me which one. She said she called the local cops about it but that’s it, being I work in criminal justice and know some cops I called them to make sure she was ok and not in danger, they told me they didn’t receive any calls from her.

Fast forward I try for the past 2 months again to see her in person and just nothing, but yet she claims to love me and says she lives near me…every time I question it or I express my feelings she either just gets upset or wants to sweep it under the rug…all she wants to do is phone call

At this point I would rather her just be honest and tell me she either doesn’t live near me or that she could just be using me to sweet talk with her on the phone but seems she will never admit it. There’s more to this but I just didn’t want to write so much here at once
I'm sorry, but I didn't even bother to finish reading this when you said that she actually makes plans with you and on the day of the date she ghosts you ? Then calls you like nothing happened? And you still allow her in your life? You actually pursue this person why? Because she is so respectful of you? She is a psychotic maniac, she lies to you, she disrespects you, she is bad crazy and you should get yourself away from her and ghost her ass for good. Wow. it's not OK for someone to treat you like that. It is unacceptable behavior from anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships