Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are you and what works best for you?
I am an introvert, and better at dating introverts 1 6.25%
I am an introvert, and better at dating ambiverts 4 25.00%
I am an introvert, and better at dating extroverts 1 6.25%
I am an extrovert, and better at dating introverts 4 25.00%
I am an extrovert, and better at dating ambiverts 0 0%
I am an extrovert, and better at dating extroverts 0 0%
I am an ambivert, and better at dating introverts 4 25.00%
I am an ambivert, and better at dating ambiverts 2 12.50%
I am an ambivert, and better at dating extroverts 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 09:16 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
With introverted bfs I was expected to arrange anything social. If I didn't we would never go anywhere where we would be expected to interact with other people. Any activities I had to pretty much steer the ship and they went along for the ride. If I didn't leave my comfort zone we didn't have much fun. It's exhausting.
In my husband's and my relationship, the 'fun stuff' is organized by 'either/or'. Not much rhyme or reason to it. However, if something needs to be done in a diplomatic, friendly "try and make everyone happy" kind of way, my husband calls on me to handle it. LOL

But you know...sometimes you need someone who can be a bit more of a bulldog...and he can be the bulldog when the situation calls for it. I appreciate that about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 10:19 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
With introverted bfs I was expected to arrange anything social. If I didn't we would never go anywhere where we would be expected to interact with other people. Any activities I had to pretty much steer the ship and they went along for the ride. If I didn't leave my comfort zone we didn't have much fun. It's exhausting.
Gotcha. Yes, that was my marriage. Did not like it. I have a circle of friends and he did not. But he wanted to be with me 24/7 and be part of me meeting my friends. And then we went there and he did not participate in anything, all games we did were "stupid," he barely gave any answers when someone asked him something, I had to cater to his needs all the time, my friends were always asking if he is okay. He wanted to leave early and then we went home ... just to be home... (???)

Old 09-22-2022, 11:24 AM

274 posts, read 155,865 times
I'm an ISTJ which given my profession isn't surprising.

I assumed I would do best with an introvert but most of the sites I've seen say I should actually be looking for ENFP, ESTP or ESTJ. One ISTJ calls his wife his emotion support extrovert.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:07 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Gotcha. Yes, that was my marriage. Did not like it. I have a circle of friends and he did not. But he wanted to be with me 24/7 and be part of me meeting my friends. And then we went there and he did not participate in anything, all games we did were "stupid," he barely gave any answers when someone asked him something, I had to cater to his needs all the time, my friends were always asking if he is okay. He wanted to leave early and then we went home ... just to be home... (???)
Oh not good.

I just think women are naturally more sociable, or want to be, even the introverts and introverted men can be real loner home bodies (not a rule, just what I have experienced a lot).

If I arranged everything and made sure they had a good time when we went somewhere they would like it- well, sometimes. I had one guy who couldn't be trusted anywhere there were more than three people. It would really frustrate me when I had to initiate socializing in their own circles, like at a convention they took me to, say a home show, they would not ask questions or talk to anyone about the products, that fell on me even if I didn't know much about it and they did. One time I lost it and got pretty mad, I thought going to his stuff I could relax and see him interact with "his people" and he didn't even bother talking to anyone there. At least some effort? A little?

I guess I'm a different kind of introvert, I like to be social, just not great at getting it started and can't sustain it too long but it is nice to meet different people.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:51 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Oh not good.

I just think women are naturally more sociable, or want to be, even the introverts and introverted men can be real loner home bodies (not a rule, just what I have experienced a lot).

If I arranged everything and made sure they had a good time when we went somewhere they would like it- well, sometimes. I had one guy who couldn't be trusted anywhere there were more than three people. It would really frustrate me when I had to initiate socializing in their own circles, like at a convention they took me to, say a home show, they would not ask questions or talk to anyone about the products, that fell on me even if I didn't know much about it and they did. One time I lost it and got pretty mad, I thought going to his stuff I could relax and see him interact with "his people" and he didn't even bother talking to anyone there. At least some effort? A little?
I've heard this referred to as "invisible labor"--women either volunteer to or are expected to remember birthdays and plan holiday get-togethers and keep track of things or otherwise act as the social glue of the couple, and the guy often goes along but doesn't help.

Old 09-22-2022, 02:57 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:

I guess I'm a different kind of introvert, I like to be social, just not great at getting it started and can't sustain it too long but it is nice to meet different people.
lol, yes that all sounds familiar.

And yes, I do like to be around people every now and then but I don't do small talk, my conversations are usually very deep right away. I can go into an elevator with a stranger and get out and not even once look at them but if they start talking I may get out and know things their friends don't know. For some reason people always tell me their problems.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:47 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,226,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
When dating what do you find tends to be the most successful when talking about introversion/extroversion?
I am an extrovert and I tend to match up with introverts. It's really just one characteristic, but I tend to like such people as they make you work to get to know them and when you do they won't let go of you. At least that has been my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships