Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 01:55 AM

867 posts, read 456,969 times

Advertisements

l've only recently broken up from something serious so l'm not really looking as such just yet but l just happened to meet somebody over the beach on the wkend.
Given my situation l couldn't dive into anything anyway atm we only talked for awhile in passing but if l could she'd def' be someone l'd go for. Ideal really we had a lot in common and lived a very similar lifestyle too, she was perfect really and l'm weird so l don't go for many women. She's 49 the poor hub had passed away young 5yrs ago so she's sort of ok now. l loved her looks too but there was one thing- she was heavily tattooed .
She was married 20s has kids and what have you said tat art was just a passion of hers.

Talking a full back tats, both thighs, quite a bit along the arms, probably more under her clothes. She had beautiful skin and hair and l adore nice skin on a woman and especially her back but not covered in tats. l like a few smaller tasty ones but not this.
l didn't bother getting her number or anything l'll prob see her around again later on if l felt like it though but one, it's too soon but two, l just kept thinking the whole time talking damn those tats. lf only, especially the back.

wonder if you'd ever get use to something like that, maybe even learn to love them in time bc they were part of her, l dunno.

Last edited by randomx; 10-03-2022 at 02:07 AM..

Old 10-03-2022, 06:42 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
Might want to tread carefully with this one. Threads about physical appearance and tattoos are usually not permitted here.

Old 10-03-2022, 07:48 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
For me, this is like getting hung up on a person's hair color, height, taste in music, food, or similar. While I personally think it is superficial and kinda petty, you are privy to what attracts or does not attract you. No one else here can answer for you. If it bothers you that much, move on. In this age group, people rarely change; I surmise you won't either.

I'm tattoo'd. My then future wife is not. She would never get one for herself but likes mine; so does my children. We lived in an area that was fairly judgmental types. We moved away because of that. Not only because of tattoos but because we are also an inter-racial couple with mixed children. Where we live now, it seems everyone has tattoos to some level; all sorts of people of different walks of life. People don't even consider an interracial couple anything out of the ordinary. So your views may be formed/influenced by locale and social circles; but again... this is the age group that rarely changes views.

I will admit, I did turn down a lady for a date due to her tattoos. It wasn't because of her tattoos that bothered me but the content/subject matter of her tattoos; knowing very well that they are reflection of her. I was also turned down for a date once because of my scars on my arm; a reflection of my struggles with mental illness. I acknowledged her views and moved on as well.

Last edited by usayit; 10-03-2022 at 07:58 AM..

Old 10-03-2022, 08:21 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
Its just ink.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:24 AM

Nah , my tastes are for as l explained reasons and to what l just like, they are what they are and nothing to do with the Jonses. Matter of fact l couldn't care less what they do or how they look it doesn't sound like l'd fit in in your old area either l love different

Dunno if you read it all but as l say though, these aren't just a few tats, such a shame , well for me anyway. Fully tattooed is not superficial or just a bit of hair colour, music tastes or some hang up , it's there all over and in your face forever. l've got a few tats myself, just a few though but l even miss some of my own skin actually mainly with the one on my foot.
Funny , my brother loves Asian women and some of his gf's have had basically full body art. lt's often cultural in some parts for them to have huge dragony and Asian type art and beautiful designs running all the way down and all over the place.
lt is different though it's very spacey, clearer , uncluttered and beautiful designs. Where as a lot of the western type art tends to be far more filled in and busy, lots more ink such as with this girl.

Last edited by randomx; 10-03-2022 at 08:37 AM..

Old 10-03-2022, 08:32 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
She and her ink are a package deal. Either you like her enough that it doesn't matter or you don't and it does matter.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:41 AM

Yepppaa, that's about the long and short of it l suppose isn't it.

Old 10-03-2022, 09:47 AM

2,964 posts, read 1,638,645 times
Total deal breaker for me but that's me. Smooth satiny skin is an important visual for me. Some hair is fine but symbols, vines, faces, words interrupt and detract. They're all I can see. And when they distort when the body moves. Ick.

But the main objection is the murky colors, especially yellows and reds.

I could live with one or two in black in discreet places but full body, no.

If you have some tatts of your own though, maybe you could get used to hers.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:05 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
I wouldn’t waste time pursuing this if the tattoos got you that hung up. If you really liked her that much, the tattoos wouldn’t get even a second thought.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:39 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
l've only recently broken up from something serious so l'm not really looking as such just yet but l just happened to meet somebody over the beach on the wkend.
Given my situation l couldn't dive into anything anyway atm we only talked for awhile in passing but if l could she'd def' be someone l'd go for. Ideal really we had a lot in common and lived a very similar lifestyle too, she was perfect really and l'm weird so l don't go for many women. She's 49 the poor hub had passed away young 5yrs ago so she's sort of ok now. l loved her looks too but there was one thing- she was heavily tattooed .
She was married 20s has kids and what have you said tat art was just a passion of hers.

Talking a full back tats, both thighs, quite a bit along the arms, probably more under her clothes. She had beautiful skin and hair and l adore nice skin on a woman and especially her back but not covered in tats. l like a few smaller tasty ones but not this.
l didn't bother getting her number or anything l'll prob see her around again later on if l felt like it though but one, it's too soon but two, l just kept thinking the whole time talking damn those tats. lf only, especially the back.

wonder if you'd ever get use to something like that, maybe even learn to love them in time bc they were part of her, l dunno.
OP, stop. Think. You had one conversation. It went well, but that's no indication of deeper personality issues, quirks, what have you. After 1 conversation, you're now saying "she's perfect". "Perfect" except for the extensive tats.

I'm going to file this under the category: "C-D, my gf is perfect, except for this one little thing. How do I get her to [choose one or more]: clean/cook/ stop being rude/stop spending so much money/stop treating her body like an art canvas/be less obsessed with her looks/discipline her kids and stop letting them run wild"?

OP, you hardly know this person. How is she supporting kids in her 40's? Big life insurance payout when her hubs died? Public assistance/food stamps, etc.? Has a high-paying exec or tech job? You haven't met the kids yet. You don't know what her parenting style is, if she even has one. You don't know if the kids are hellions or well-behaved and smart, or jailbirds. By her age, they should be almost grown anyway..? Who's paying for their college? Do they have any plans to further their education and become self-supporting, or do they all aspire to live in their mom's basement?

Anyway, I don't see this going anywhere, but ... suit yourself. If you pursue this, please give us an update. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships