Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2022, 08:02 PM

6,862 posts, read 4,856,991 times

Advertisements

Don't crap where you eat. Stay away from the woman and stop doing drugs and stop drinking so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2022, 08:09 AM

88 posts, read 66,538 times
Agree with others - no hook up happened.

As far as the woman in question, just move on from her. Obviously since you work together you need to remain professional with work-related communications, but don't obsess over her or what happened.

Old 10-09-2022, 10:48 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Not a good idea o date where you work and it doesn't matter how you feel about her, she is not interested in dating you. Stand up tall, ignore the gossip, and go and find another woman who actually wants to date you and doesn't thrive on so much drama. This one is not a good match for you.

Old 10-09-2022, 10:55 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchoke View Post
I've noticed in the past few weeks she has been orbiting me, sitting close to me etc.*I have never pursued and i am always there to listen to her and give her advice on things, like any other good guy would do.
Quote:
Last weekend there was a company event where everybody got drunk
Quote:
I was a little drunk but otherwise okay to drive there.
Quote:
After blurting out i thought she was hot she said the same and asked "what do you want to do about it?"
Quote:
She said i was the 3rd guy at work she's had a thing for.
Quote:
I confessed my feelings for her, i ask her why she keeps going for the *******s and she should stop.
Quote:
We talk more and make out a few times, and I*also held her hand for a bit. I ask her what she thinks of me
Quote:
I just find it unfair that I was partially drunk and*also baked and she doesn't want to listen to my side of the story?
God that was the most cringeworthy description of a sloppy adolescent party encounter I think I have ever read on CD.

OP, any plans to grow up and graduate from frat boy life?

For now, do society a favor and stop attempting to drive your vehicle when you are drunk and "baked." Good god, child, what is wrong with you?

Last edited by zentropa; 10-09-2022 at 11:04 AM..

Old 10-09-2022, 11:31 AM

3,644 posts, read 1,599,460 times
Quote:
I've*had*feelings for a coworker of mine for a few months. I am 29, she is 26. We've had light flirting and she has always initiated texts/snaps. I've noticed in the past few weeks she has been orbiting me, sitting close to me etc.*I have never pursued and i am always there to listen to her and give her advice on things, like any other good guy would do. Last weekend there was a company event where everybody got drunk and afterwards i was invited to another coworker's place for drinks, there were about 5-7 people here, some roommates and some other coworkers. I was a little drunk but otherwise okay to drive there. I saw her by herself on her phone and i went up and talked to her. After blurting out i thought she was hot she said the same and asked "what do you want to do about it?". She then dragged me to another room and we sat and talked. She said she's known I've liked her this whole time and said i was the 3rd guy at work she's had a thing for. She also admitted she thinks I'm hot when we're playing coed hockey together.* She also said another coworker messaged her about a month ago asking what she thought of me, to which she said something i can't remember. At this point I didn't think too much of her being drunk, because she talked in a civil manner. I confessed my feelings for her, i ask her why she keeps going for the *******s and she should stop. she tells*me her life is a mess and she really doesn't deserve anything. After this we take some hits from a bong with weed in it, and i am totally baked. I start hugging everyone and following her around the house.*We talk more and make out a few times, and I*also held her hand for a bit. I ask her what she thinks of me and she says i'm a funny guy, "but you're my coworker" and "what if our boss finds out". I also remembered*some of the other people in the house came and checked up on us. After this she kind of pushes me away and says we should just be friends. She blacks out and spends the night, so I leave and am okay to drive home.*

The next few days are awkward, she ignores me and i am sensing a bad vibe. I ask the other coworker that was there that night and she says i was trying to take advantage of her being drunk when i "wasn't". I tell her I was drunk but I*didn't even do anything, just talked for the most part. the next day i tried apologizing for my behaviour to the girl i liked and she says "there's nothing to talk*about? it's all swept under a rug*lol*i'm not mad i don't even remember anything but i was told "things" and honestly just pretend nothing happened and move on". I try to make small talk at work and she brushes me off.*

What exactly happened here? Did she have feelings but decided against it? Did she really not remember anything? Did the other coworker spread a rumor to her that I assaulted her? I just find it unfair that I was partially drunk and*also baked and she doesn't want to listen to my side of the story?*This really sucks because I really liked her and miss talking to her. I feel like this will never go back to normal like before.*

One thing I also noticed is the coworker that accused me has*been trying to set her up with her boyfriend's brother (who was also there). But she has told me she isn't into him. Could there have been an ulterior motive to make me look bad to her?
What happened was you got over flirty with a co-worker, which would NOT happen at work, but did happen because you were both at a drinking party and let your professional guard down.

At some other party without co-workers go ahead and get loose if you want. Get extra friendly with people you don't work with.

She was right when she said "but you're my coworker". And being cold and aloof is going back to normal for a work relationship.

Do not tell co-workers they are "hot". Just because you are at a party and not at work doesn't matter. You'll be back at work soon enough and the damage can be irreversible. Professional behavior is always required at work and around co-workers, wherever that may be.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:14 PM

631 posts, read 399,052 times
What jumped out at me was the amount of drinking and drugs that went on that night and the fact that you drove. You could have killed someone! You're 29 years old and acting like a teenager.

As for your co-worker, she's probably ashamed of how she acted that night and just wants to forget it and I strongly recommend you do the same.

Old 10-09-2022, 01:40 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,973,217 times
She is sending clear signals that she doesn't want to be romantically involved with you-- it doesn't get more clear than her *telling* you so-- and also pretty clear signals that she's now a bit uncomfortable around you. Which should tell you: back off.

It also might behoove you to learn a bit more about social interaction, so you can both tell when other people want you to back off, and to know that means you should.

Quote:
Stressed because I was accused by another coworker that was there that i "took advantage" of the girl while she was drunk and I "wasnt drunk". It's made me feel like I'm a bad guy now with how the girl in my post is treating me now: cold, aloof
So that was this coworker's opinion. Is it the opinion of this woman you like? Unless the other coworker decides to go to HR, then only the opinion of the one you like-- who was actually involved in the situation-- matters.

Old 10-09-2022, 02:18 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,710,033 times
Agree with so many of the responses on here. Move on, leave her alone, be more responsible when you are out, don't drink and drive, ignore the gossip. Good stuff here, hope you listen.

Old 10-09-2022, 02:25 PM

61,675 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I don't think the OP knows what "hooked up" means to be honest.
And I don't think OP knows that he shouldn't start romantic relationships at work.

Not much happened, and already the situation at work is awkward and gossip is thriving.
Imagine if there was more.....

Old 10-09-2022, 11:58 PM

35,060 posts, read 31,278,237 times
Never hook up with current coworkers, for various and obvious reasons.

Back in 2014, I had this huge crush on a then current, married coworker. I got to know her more. She infatuated me more. It was just a carrot on a stick that I couldn't get. She moved from where we both previously lived to two hours away from my hometown. We slept together a few times.

Great in bed, just a horrible person all around. I can't imagine how bad it would have been had I been cheating on her husband with her in a relationship she already hated, in a location she hated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships