Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 01:54 AM

14,783 posts, read 8,117,863 times

Advertisements

Lots of good advice on here. I suggest strongly that you take it.

Your Original post is almost a perfect example of why you should avoid and steer clear of workplace romances.
You didn't 'hook up', she is obviously not interested in a workplace romance or one with you, just except it and move on. Things are awkward enough, and nothing really even happened. Don't make it worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 02:30 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchoke View Post
I've*had*feelings for a coworker of mine for a few months. I am 29, she is 26. We've had light flirting and she has always initiated texts/snaps. I've noticed in the past few weeks she has been orbiting me, sitting close to me etc.*I have never pursued and i am always there to listen to her and give her advice on things, like any other good guy would do. Last weekend there was a company event where everybody got drunk and afterwards i was invited to another coworker's place for drinks, there were about 5-7 people here, some roommates and some other coworkers. I was a little drunk but otherwise okay to drive there. I saw her by herself on her phone and i went up and talked to her. After blurting out i thought she was hot she said the same and asked "what do you want to do about it?". She then dragged me to another room and we sat and talked. She said she's known I've liked her this whole time and said i was the 3rd guy at work she's had a thing for. She also admitted she thinks I'm hot when we're playing coed hockey together.* She also said another coworker messaged her about a month ago asking what she thought of me, to which she said something i can't remember. At this point I didn't think too much of her being drunk, because she talked in a civil manner. I confessed my feelings for her, i ask her why she keeps going for the *******s and she should stop. she tells*me her life is a mess and she really doesn't deserve anything. After this we take some hits from a bong with weed in it, and i am totally baked. I start hugging everyone and following her around the house.*We talk more and make out a few times, and I*also held her hand for a bit. I ask her what she thinks of me and she says i'm a funny guy, "but you're my coworker" and "what if our boss finds out". I also remembered*some of the other people in the house came and checked up on us. After this she kind of pushes me away and says we should just be friends. She blacks out and spends the night, so I leave and am okay to drive home.*

The next few days are awkward, she ignores me and i am sensing a bad vibe. I ask the other coworker that was there that night and she says i was trying to take advantage of her being drunk when i "wasn't". I tell her I was drunk but I*didn't even do anything, just talked for the most part. the next day i tried apologizing for my behaviour to the girl i liked and she says "there's nothing to talk*about? it's all swept under a rug*lol*i'm not mad i don't even remember anything but i was told "things" and honestly just pretend nothing happened and move on". I try to make small talk at work and she brushes me off.*

What exactly happened here? Did she have feelings but decided against it? Did she really not remember anything? Did the other coworker spread a rumor to her that I assaulted her? I just find it unfair that I was partially drunk and*also baked and she doesn't want to listen to my side of the story?*This really sucks because I really liked her and miss talking to her. I feel like this will never go back to normal like before.*

One thing I also noticed is the coworker that accused me has*been trying to set her up with her boyfriend's brother (who was also there). But she has told me she isn't into him. Could there have been an ulterior motive to make me look bad to her?
Do yourself a favor and stay away from that mess. You deserve better and honestly, I find her quite dangerous. You could get in major trouble at work because of her rumors and accusations. You don't want to end up getting fired over that girl.

Old 10-10-2022, 03:05 PM

5 posts, read 6,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Do yourself a favor and stay away from that mess. You deserve better and honestly, I find her quite dangerous. You could get in major trouble at work because of her rumors and accusations. You don't want to end up getting fired over that girl.
Yeah I get it, stay away, but I don't know why or how this became such a big deal to the point where she hates me. Nothing even happened

Old 10-10-2022, 06:08 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,794,579 times
Quote:
Yeah I get it, stay away, but I don't know why or how this became such a big deal to the point where she hates me. Nothing even happened
When you told other people this story in real life, did you say that you "hooked up" with her? If you've used that term, others will get the wrong impression...especially if nothing happened.

Old 10-10-2022, 10:24 PM

85 posts, read 46,381 times
Quote:
I've*had*feelings for a coworker of mine for a few months. I am 29, she is 26. We've had light flirting and she has always initiated texts/snaps. I've noticed in the past few weeks she has been orbiting me, sitting close to me etc.*I have never pursued and i am always there to listen to her and give her advice on things, like any other good guy would do. Last weekend there was a company event where everybody got drunk and afterwards i was invited to another coworker's place for drinks, there were about 5-7 people here, some roommates and some other coworkers. I was a little drunk but otherwise okay to drive there. I saw her by herself on her phone and i went up and talked to her. After blurting out i thought she was hot she said the same and asked "what do you want to do about it?". She then dragged me to another room and we sat and talked. She said she's known I've liked her this whole time and said i was the 3rd guy at work she's had a thing for. She also admitted she thinks I'm hot when we're playing coed hockey together.* She also said another coworker messaged her about a month ago asking what she thought of me, to which she said something i can't remember. At this point I didn't think too much of her being drunk, because she talked in a civil manner. I confessed my feelings for her, i ask her why she keeps going for the *******s and she should stop. she tells*me her life is a mess and she really doesn't deserve anything. After this we take some hits from a bong with weed in it, and i am totally baked. I start hugging everyone and following her around the house.*We talk more and make out a few times, and I*also held her hand for a bit. I ask her what she thinks of me and she says i'm a funny guy, "but you're my coworker" and "what if our boss finds out". I also remembered*some of the other people in the house came and checked up on us. After this she kind of pushes me away and says we should just be friends. She blacks out and spends the night, so I leave and am okay to drive home.*

The next few days are awkward, she ignores me and i am sensing a bad vibe. I ask the other coworker that was there that night and she says i was trying to take advantage of her being drunk when i "wasn't". I tell her I was drunk but I*didn't even do anything, just talked for the most part. the next day i tried apologizing for my behaviour to the girl i liked and she says "there's nothing to talk*about? it's all swept under a rug*lol*i'm not mad i don't even remember anything but i was told "things" and honestly just pretend nothing happened and move on". I try to make small talk at work and she brushes me off.*

What exactly happened here? Did she have feelings but decided against it? Did she really not remember anything? Did the other coworker spread a rumor to her that I assaulted her? I just find it unfair that I was partially drunk and*also baked and she doesn't want to listen to my side of the story?*This really sucks because I really liked her and miss talking to her. I feel like this will never go back to normal like before.*

One thing I also noticed is the coworker that accused me has*been trying to set her up with her boyfriend's brother (who was also there). But she has told me she isn't into him. Could there have been an ulterior motive to make me look bad to her?
Dating or hooking up with co workers is always a bad idea. I'd let her go and forget it ever happened. Them waters are too muddy now.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:27 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
When you told other people this story in real life, did you say that you "hooked up" with her? If you've used that term, others will get the wrong impression...especially if nothing happened.
good point.

My ex was military and they went on deployment with the ship. 3 guys raped a girl on the ship. It was a huge deal, everyone despised the 3 guys and let them have it pretty much. In the end it turned out that they had a happy threesome and afterwards she was ashamed and then called it rape. You can imagine the poor boys, their reputation, the whole mess ... it was horrible.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:59 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Come on man, would YOU want to date you?

Quote:
I am always there to listen to her and give her advice on things, like any other good guy would do.
Quote:
i ask her why she keeps going for the *******s and she should stop.
Quote:
I ask her what she thinks of me
Oh yeah, you're a prince. Women must be lining up for the privilege of indulging your ego.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:01 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
good point.

My ex was military and they went on deployment with the ship. 3 guys raped a girl on the ship. It was a huge deal, everyone despised the 3 guys and let them have it pretty much. In the end it turned out that they had a happy threesome and afterwards she was ashamed and then called it rape. You can imagine the poor boys, their reputation, the whole mess ... it was horrible.
Well to be fair, three guys getting it on together would probably be enough to ruin their reputations in the military.

Last edited by zentropa; 10-12-2022 at 10:10 AM..

Old 10-12-2022, 10:15 AM

2,108 posts, read 1,050,471 times
Quote:

Why would you want to be with a girl that drinks so much she blacks out and has no memory of what happened? You said you were "drunk" but fine to drive ? Nobody is fine to drive drunk. Drinking to the point of being inebriated is extremely dangerous, and who knows who all this girl has been with and if she is carrying HIV or other sexual diseases. Gross.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:35 PM

739 posts, read 412,923 times
I wonder the age of the OP and partiers. It seems like a pretty young crowd, ie High School!!

You have 2 options:

- Hook up with her again. Get fired then collect unemployment. If you lack character or a moral compass, then chose this option

- Or be an adult and try not to ever mix work and pleasure. That is trouble waiting to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships