Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 10:30 AM

19 posts, read 10,263 times

Advertisements

I was seeing this guy for about a month I matched with him via FB dating in July. We talked for a while and we met up for the first time in August and went out to eat. After that I was going to his house on a weekly basis for a month. We cuddled, watched movies, cooked together, etc. While I was at his place he told me that he was really busy with work and that he didn't have time for anything. But he still let me come see him so a couple of weeks ago was the last time I saw him.

And then he texted me saying that he thought he wanted to date but that he realized he didn't want to. And that he's really preoccupied with work and doesn't have time for anyone. I went off on him via text calling him a liar and I was saying a lot of things I shouldn't have said. I want to apologize to him via voicemail for the way that I acted also some of my stuff is still at his place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2022, 10:44 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,986,069 times
He doesn't want you so believe him when he says he doesn't want you.

Yes, send him a message that says sorry I lost my temper and let's set a time for me to come and pick up my stuff.

Old 10-09-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
He doesn't want you so believe him when he says he doesn't want you.

Yes, send him a message that says sorry I lost my temper and let's set a time for me to come and pick up my stuff.
He said he didn't want to date right now because he's focused on work. I'm asking if there is something wrong with apologizing via voicemail.

He told me he would never reject me so I just don't know.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:00 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
If I was that dude I’d ship you your stuff with a cease and desist letter. You torpedoed this thing by going off on him. You can try to call him but 90% chance he blocked you after that display of rage and that would be EXACTLY the right thing to do.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If I was that dude I’d ship you your stuff with a cease and desist letter. You torpedoed this thing by going off on him. You can try to call him but 90% chance he blocked you after that display of rage and that would be EXACTLY the right thing to do.
Yeah, I know I shouldn't have gone off.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:22 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I agree. You are not a safe person to be around. You knew this guy for a few weeks. Why do you feel entitled to be priority to him?

Old 10-09-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I agree. You are not a safe person to be around. You knew this guy for a few weeks. Why do you feel entitled to be priority to him?
Not safe to be around? I am not dangerous I was just upset. He should have said all he wanted was sex instead of acting like he wanted to date me. I have no problem with being friends with benefits. People need to learn how to communicate.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:41 AM

1,483 posts, read 683,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ32 View Post
Not safe to be around? I am not dangerous I was just upset. He should have said all he wanted was sex instead of acting like he wanted to date me. I have no problem with being friends with benefits. People need to learn how to communicate.
Now THERE is some irony.

May wanna heed it, OP.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:51 AM

2,956 posts, read 1,638,645 times
It's fine to apologize via vm.

Just do it, get your stuff and get it over with.

Things not working out is part of dating, it's the way things usually go.

Shrug it off, toughen up and move on.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:55 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ32 View Post
He thought he had the bandwidth to date and then he realized he didn't. He was honest with you and did communicate, rather than leading you on.

Probably the best you can do is text him an apology and let him know that he can leave your stuff in a box on the porch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships