Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 02:55 PM

52,290 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Not sure if you read all of OP's posts in this thread, but he later revealed that his argument is, "All women are liars because they use 'I have a boyfriend' even when they don't really have a boyfriend, so I am now justified in lying right back to all women."
The OP is..... I wish I could post what I want to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2022, 03:17 PM

10,311 posts, read 6,856,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The OP is..... I wish I could post what I want to say.
Please do. The OP has 1 post per month, going into this. So, it's not like they're a prolific poster.

Old 10-30-2022, 11:28 PM

1,555 posts, read 781,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenklown View Post
I realize that not all women that I am interested in are going to be interested in me. But why do women instead of simply saying that they just aren't interested invent a phantom boyfriend and use the phantom boyfriend as the pretext for not wanting to date me? This just strikes me as a completely unnecessary lie, but is that actually the case? Is it an unneccessay lie or is there something here that I am missing? What problems is this lie trying to solve for women?
As an excuse to be nice. They don’t want to give direct answer to hurt your feelings. I rather hear the truth and she can just say she doesn’t find me attractive.

Old 11-01-2022, 12:02 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,401,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenklown View Post
I realize that not all women that I am interested in are going to be interested in me. But why do women instead of simply saying that they just aren't interested invent a phantom boyfriend and use the phantom boyfriend as the pretext for not wanting to date me? This just strikes me as a completely unnecessary lie, but is that actually the case? Is it an unneccessay lie or is there something here that I am missing? What problems is this lie trying to solve for women?
They don't want to hurt your feelings. Having a boyfriend sounds like an objective obstacle to dating you (which presumably has nothing to do with you), while telling you they are not interested presumably means you are not interesting enough.

I'm an old lady who posts in the Retirement forum, but I clicked on Relationships by mistake, the only reason for my participation in this discussion :-). My long-term boyfriend is deceased, so I can use the objective fact of being still attached to his memory to decline advances from any amorous old dude who doesn't interest me. But if you don't have such an objective excuse handy, what can you do? I wouldn't tell anyone to his face that he doesn't interest me.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:06 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,794,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
They don't want to hurt your feelings. Having a boyfriend sounds like an objective obstacle to dating you (which presumably has nothing to do with you), while telling you they are not interested presumably means you are not interesting enough.

I'm an old lady who posts in the Retirement forum, but I clicked on Relationships by mistake, the only reason for my participation in this discussion :-). My long-term boyfriend is deceased, so I can use the objective fact of being still attached to his memory to decline advances from any amorous old dude who doesn't interest me. But if you don't have such an objective excuse handy, what can you do? I wouldn't tell anyone to his face that he doesn't interest me.
I would. And I have.

But not for the reasons that one may think.

First of all, just because I may find someone physically attractive doesn't mean I'd want to date them.
And just because I may find their personality to be "fun" doesn't mean I'd want to date them.

I've met men who have had both qualities, but I wasn't interested in dating THEM because I wasn't interested in dating ANYONE. So, my lack of interest had nothing to do with THEM, but ME. I'm simply not interested in dating anyone at all, no matter how "attractive" one is. I have things going on in my own life right now, and I don't want any distractions.

Yet...some men won't accept that, somehow believing that I "secretly" don't like them for some reason.

Heads up, guys. Sometimes, it really isn't about YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships