Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

You're 20 and haven't had a boyfriend in two years? Don't worry about it. I was almost 21 before I had my first boyfriend. And even then, I wasn't really comfortable dating until I was around 24 or 25 years old.

It might help to have some platonic male friends, ones that you consider more like brothers to you. I think that you just need to feel more comfortable with guys and gain more confidence in their company. And with your brotherly male friends, you can always turn to them for dating advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 07:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i am not sure i read your profile. if you lived here you would be a goddess no doubt about it. are you sure you did not leave anything out, like you have a compulsion to punch people in the eye after the introduction? seems like you are a nice enough person. but a lota people out there are not looking for steak they are lookin for week old stale hotdogs n buns. we live in a strange world. i would, at 20 focus on getting your life together and then later you can see how it all overlaps with somebody elses.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Seriously a good guy is hard to find. Has nothing to do with your looks. Men are taking the "I'm single and do whatever I feel like-Path" and you are not on that path and they do not like your concept of life.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:40 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
It sounds like you're really feeling your years now that you're 20. Don't worry about it. Guys your age can smell a girl who "wants to get serious" and none of them do. Those guys start to grow out of it in a few years. If you relax and enjoy yourself first, everything else will fall into place.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:46 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGal05 View Post
You know a lot of people have told me that, but I just dont feel beautiful,
And what about you is not beautiful? (Be careful when you answer this question. The only acceptable answers are things which no man could ever, nor will ever, consider beautiful. Therefore you can only state things which every single one of the 3,000,000,000 men in the world have told you are not beautiful. If you don't know for sure that EVERY MAN considers this stuff unattractive, you cannot say for sure that it is not beautiful.)

Quote:
like I said about my old boyfriend and even before him, no one has told me that.
Some men aren't big on words. Did you tell him that you like being complimented on your looks?

Also, men don't like to fail or be shot down. If you gave off the vibe (directly or indirectly) that you weren't beautiful, your boyfriend may very well have taken that to mean that if he did tell you you're beautiful, you'd be likely to respond negatively. Trust me... guys HATE it when their compliments are shot down.

Quote:
I dont get told " Aww well dont you just look cute" Or "Hey you are beautiful" I have never been told that.
First of all, this isn't true. Second of all, have you ever been told that you are unattractive/ugly/not beautiful/too thin/too fat/hideous/whatever?

Quote:
I mean my mom would when i was little but that dont count. I am not at all fat. I actually only weigh about 120 lbs. I mean I work out, I take good care of myself but I just feel so ugly
Why? What about you is ugly? (Again, exercise caution with your answer. The only acceptable answers fit the following two conditions: 1- someone has told you directly that it is ugly, 2- you have polled every other male human being and not one of them gave you an overwhelmingly positive comment about it. If you can't answer the question given those conditions, then you can't answer the question because any answer that isn't exhaustively proven isn't really an answer anyway.)

Quote:
and when people look at me they are like "Dang, this girl." Cause I am the one who has all the guys as friends, they tell me all the time how hot this girl is, or look at her she is beautiful but i wonder what they say about me. "Oh she is just my friend" I dont know.
They probably don't say anything about you, to your face, for two reasons. 1- They don't want to risk ruining the friendship, 2- they think you will shoot down their compliments. Shooting down a man's compliment bruises his ego, and men have surprisingly fragile egos.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
Shooting down a man's compliment bruises his ego, and men have surprisingly fragile egos.
Now that word is strange to me, but whatever you say...

You remind me of the oddest compliment I've ever gotten from somebody who's not big on them - You're SO proportionate!

Old 05-28-2008, 11:38 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
You call THAT a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You remind me of the oddest compliment I've ever gotten from somebody who's not big on them - You're SO proportionate!

Old 05-28-2008, 11:43 AM

125 posts, read 426,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now that word is strange to me, but whatever you say...

Yea I dont know about that...Thats a weak compliment! haha

Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 AM

125 posts, read 426,981 times
Cool Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
And what about you is not beautiful? (Be careful when you answer this question. The only acceptable answers are things which no man could ever, nor will ever, consider beautiful. Therefore you can only state things which every single one of the 3,000,000,000 men in the world have told you are not beautiful. If you don't know for sure that EVERY MAN considers this stuff unattractive, you cannot say for sure that it is not beautiful.)

Some men aren't big on words. Did you tell him that you like being complimented on your looks?

Also, men don't like to fail or be shot down. If you gave off the vibe (directly or indirectly) that you weren't beautiful, your boyfriend may very well have taken that to mean that if he did tell you you're beautiful, you'd be likely to respond negatively. Trust me... guys HATE it when their compliments are shot down.

First of all, this isn't true. Second of all, have you ever been told that you are unattractive/ugly/not beautiful/too thin/too fat/hideous/whatever?

Why? What about you is ugly? (Again, exercise caution with your answer. The only acceptable answers fit the following two conditions: 1- someone has told you directly that it is ugly, 2- you have polled every other male human being and not one of them gave you an overwhelmingly positive comment about it. If you can't answer the question given those conditions, then you can't answer the question because any answer that isn't exhaustively proven isn't really an answer anyway.)

They probably don't say anything about you, to your face, for two reasons. 1- They don't want to risk ruining the friendship, 2- they think you will shoot down their compliments. Shooting down a man's compliment bruises his ego, and men have surprisingly fragile egos.

Honestly I can't give an answer why I feel ugly. I know one time I was at the Country Expo we have here. I was at a stand and this walked up to me and wispered she is cute then I turned around and he was like "NOT!!" It kinda hurt my feelings but I couldn't give you a real answer.

That could be why they dont talk about me while I am there. But thank you have helped me with that one. i guess I can just wait till that one comes around. I can do i guess! I just stick with school and being the Vet. Tech I want to be and maybe he will come along while I am in school or even when I move in Alabama!

Old 05-28-2008, 11:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Yea I dont know about that...Thats a weak compliment! haha
That came from a generally reserved person who's also afraid to say something else because it wouldn't be appropriate, so it was understandable. Still funny, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships