Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:36 AM

287 posts, read 897,399 times

Advertisements

And if any of the online advice fails you, surfergirl, I'm sure there's mental heathcare available to you where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
I don't understand why she felt the need to come back to this board to gloat about her victory over her husband's BFF. Doesn't she have any real life friends to gloat with? Not even some of her church going friends? And why does she care so much about the opinions of us anonymous internet posters?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:51 AM

22,196 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't understand why she felt the need to come back to this board to gloat about her victory over her husband's BFF. Doesn't she have any real life friends to gloat with? Not even some of her church going friends? And why does she care so much about the opinions of us anonymous internet posters?
Actually i think part of her is still not at peace and is seeking resolution. I think part of her recognizes that she is hearing here on CD what she needs to hear. She may not act on it now, but it could be one year or 5 years or 15 years down the road when she is ready to hear it and act on it, or it may be never.

I firmly believe there is a part of us that always seeks peace, harmony, happiness, and well-being. And truth. We each have a "truth meter" within us, even though we may fight it tooth and nail, just like we each have a "BS meter" which we ignore at times too, to our detriment.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
Girl, you'd better check his history.

1) Start>My Recent Documents

2) go to the address bar. Click the down arrow to the right. See what webpages have been visited. Can also type in the beginning of an address and it should pop up what sites have been visited (a.k.a., www.a, www.b, www.c).

3) look up temporary internet files.
In internet explorer, tools>internet options>settings (under browsing history)>view files
On firefox, it's easier, just hit "History"
Look for gay sites (obviously), and email address sites you didn't know he had (yahoo, etc).

even
3) Spy Software - 007 Computer Spy Program and Internet Monitoring Software
Can also do a search for "cheating spy software"

Remember, gay men can love straight women. It's just that they want to have sex with men.

Just don't want you to get hurt. Or to spend 10 years with him and then figure out he's been sleeping with men.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I were you, I'd be checking that history every couple of months.
I disagree about this advice to snoop on her husband. I know that I would be outraged if my boyfriend were checking up on my internet activities, and I have nothing to hide from him. If the trust feelings aren't there, then the relationship either needs to be fixed or terminated.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:58 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
Actually i think part of her is still not at peace and is seeking resolution. I think part of her recognizes that she is hearing here on CD what she needs to hear. She may not act on it now, but it could be one year or 5 years or 15 years down the road when she is ready to hear it and act on it, or it may be never.

I firmly believe there is a part of us that always seeks peace, harmony, happiness, and well-being. And truth. We each have a "truth meter" within us, even though we may fight it tooth and nail, just like we each have a "BS meter" which we ignore at times too, to our detriment.
Ah... well I hope that not only does she loves her husband, but that she is fond of him as a person and as her friend. That should his sexuality swing back to homosexuality, that she'll still be his supportive friend and not angry and bitter at him for letting her down.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:11 AM

542 posts, read 1,929,179 times
For some reason... I don't think this will end well. Good Luck

P.S. The sooner you accept that he is gay the easier it will be. I know it will hurt to let him go but... it must be done. You can still let him live with you and buy him clothes and pay his car note and I'm sure he will still really love you!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,086,306 times
You can't pray away gay.

Poor girl...she just doesn't know any better. lol!

I'd love an update on this story in a few years......

Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,077 times
All this thread needs is a rambunctious crowd shouting "Jerry, Jerry"

Old 05-30-2008, 11:35 AM

542 posts, read 1,929,179 times
Noooooo this is definitely a box of Kleenex filled Maury episode!!! Can't you just see it.

Surfergirl screaming: HOW could you do this to me??? I gave you EVERYTHING I took you from rags to riches!!!
Former BFF: I begged him to tell the truth. She just didn't want to see the truth!!!
Husband with lover: I didn't mean to hurt anyone... can I keep my car,clothes and condo??

Old 05-30-2008, 04:20 PM

287 posts, read 897,399 times
Maybe this really isn't a "real" post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships