Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 09:30 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post
Happens a fair amount. No big deal.
How do you know it's not a big deal to the various guys who do business with her? What if some of them resent it? Not all guys fit the stereotype of being ready to roll at the drop of a hat or bat of an eye. Some of them may have a gf or a wife they're very happy with, and feel trapped by an employer coming onto them.

Old 03-06-2023, 09:36 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How do you know it's not a big deal to the various guys who do business with her? What if some of them resent it? Not all guys fit the stereotype of being ready to roll at the drop of a hat or bat of an eye. Some of them may have a gf or a wife they're very happy with, and feel trapped by an employer coming onto them.
If they're independent contractors they can refuse to work with her, can't they? It's not a completely helpless situation.

Old 03-06-2023, 10:07 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
If that's so, she can go on OLD and find tradesmen to date. She doesn't need to date the people she pays do fix stuff.
Maybe she is "dating" them and then she gets them to fix stuff.

Old 03-06-2023, 10:08 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
But I wonder: how does she know the guys she hires are single and available? ...
she doesnt. from the limited info from the o.p., it seems like all partys involved are just having a fun time dating around.

Old 03-06-2023, 10:17 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Of course it's more convenient. And all the university instructors who try to date their students think they don't need to develop a social life outside of work, because their workplace is full of bright, attractive young women. But dating their students just happens to be not only unethical and predatory, it violates their employer's rules of employee conduct. Fortunately for the OP's acquaintance, she's not answerable to an employer or ethics committee.

But I wonder: how does she know the guys she hires are single and available? Is that part of her interview process, when she decides whom to hire? What if they're not interested in her fringe benefits; do they get fired? WTH?! I suspect she's on a power trip, and takes her employees' attention as a form of flattery, an ego-boost.
I mean, I know about the college/university profs dating students. EW!

I've had parents of clients (moms) actually hit on me and ask for dates. Double EW!!

I learned a long, long time ago: Don't **** where you eat!

Old 03-06-2023, 10:20 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If they're independent contractors they can refuse to work with her, can't they? It's not a completely helpless situation.
This. An independent contractor can just go to another client/account. If it were me, I'd just say, "Sorry, my schedule is full."

Old 03-06-2023, 10:24 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
I have dated those kind of guys. None of them were ever offended or resented it when a woman tried to flirt with them. They either gave into it or they didn't. None of them had any issues going back to do more work there. They joke about it.

Old 03-06-2023, 10:25 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Ok. I retired nearly six years ago from a very stressful job (I was a CPS worker). I ran into a former colleague somewhere - a younger woman, quite attractive - we sat and talked shop (she had resigned some years back, and opened her own real estate business). Anyway, single mom, young daughter, yada yada...
She bought a decent home. Says she has guys do her landscaping, her yard, plow the snow in the winter... and in turn she says, "I date 'em." I wanted to ask her to elaborate further, but somehow we got sidetracked and I forgot about it.
Is this to mean that she sleeps with these guys? Lets them wine and dine her and take her to bed?

I know it ain't my business, but I wonder how she explains that to her young daughter! Jeez...

It could mean the guy she is dating helps her do that kind of stuff because he knows she is by herself with a child. It would be super weird for a realtor to buy a home she can’t afford to take care of on her own tho. It’s 2023. It’s not like it’s that expensive to just hire somebody to mow the yard or plow snow….or she might not be a very good realtor.

You know her. Does she seem like the type that would sleep with somebody over landscaping? Lol….you’re kind of making her seem like a streetwalker looking for crack instead of a professional single mom wanting a mowed yard. Something isn’t right.

Old 03-06-2023, 10:25 AM

639 posts, read 379,260 times
Quote:
There is zero reason to believe this is not 100% consensual.

Old 03-06-2023, 10:44 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Ok. I retired nearly six years ago from a very stressful job (I was a CPS worker). I ran into a former colleague somewhere - a younger woman, quite attractive - we sat and talked shop (she had resigned some years back, and opened her own real estate business). Anyway, single mom, young daughter, yada yada...
She bought a decent home. Says she has guys do her landscaping, her yard, plow the snow in the winter... and in turn she says, "I date 'em." I wanted to ask her to elaborate further, but somehow we got sidetracked and I forgot about it.
Is this to mean that she sleeps with these guys? Lets them wine and dine her and take her to bed?

I know it ain't my business, but I wonder how she explains that to her young daughter! Jeez...
You really don't know until she elaborates. Situations like this happen more often than most think. In the end, consenting adults is their business. Yes, it really isn't any of your business in the end.

The bolded part caught my attention as a statement with underlying judgment. Single parents should always be careful with their children when it comes to dating, sex, and relationships. They are also human and it can be isolating/lonely having putting most of what you got into caring for children by yourself. Having dated a single mother years ago, I know how demanding and how little time she had for "us". It did take a very very long time before she introduced me to her children.

Let's just assume she is being a good mother and being careful. It doesn't matter if it is a lawyer she met at a bar or the landscapers or pool boy that provides maintenance on her property. Are you saying that you only would have concerns about THIS case because they are landscapers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships