Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2023, 09:51 PM

899 posts, read 670,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyBeans View Post
Of course I like women im not gay
There wouldn't be anything wrong with it if you were. I've met people don't discover it till later in life and your situation is a bit unusual. Also though, I know sometimes we also get people in here from cultures that place a lot of restrictions on dating, Does that describe your situation at all?

My wife and I just moved here. I retired from teaching in Texas but I sub here sometimes; she isn't working, but wants to go back to school. We want to make friends and the best way to do that has been to take our dogs to the dog park. People there chat with us, we talk about different breeds, and so on. I'll come home and say, "I was talking to that lady...you know, the one who has the poodles Mitzi and Patches" and she'll say, "Oh, that's Donna."

I would suggest you think about your interests. Maybe you like paintings. Start frequenting art galleries. Maybe you see a woman who interests you. "That still life is really something isn't it?" See if she makes a comment in return, see if a conversation arises. If she says, "Yes, he has quite a sense of light," try to keep it going. If it doesn't catch, stroll to another area and keep your eyes open.

Or maybe you're interested in cooking. Sign up for a cooking class or frequent gourmet shops near you and again, start a small conversation to see where it leads.

The conversation may give you some clues as to whether the woman is all looks, whether your personalities mesh, etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2023, 07:16 AM

18 posts, read 13,520 times
Thanks for the reply I’m 100% percent not gay I have never questioned my sexuality in my whole life I like women. I have no cultural restrictions I was born into a white Canadian parents. My hang ups which I guess I should have mentioned in the original post were first it was I never got a license till almost 30 so I didn’t have a car or could afford one at that time, self esteem and confidence was another I just didn’t think a girl would like me, lack of experience another, lower paying job, living with parents still because I had to. Current I finally found a job that’s decent but I have another job on the side, living with parents help me save like 50 grand, I have a new car and If not for the sudden death of my father 3 months ago I was looking to move but for now I’m helping my mother. Maybe I’m not in the right frame of mind for a gf now

Old 03-21-2023, 07:22 AM

639 posts, read 378,244 times
Yeah, move out (after helping your mother for awhile) and get your own place before trying to have a date. Not having a car never stopped high school kids from getting togther though, even in rural areas, but that's lost.

Old 03-21-2023, 07:50 AM

899 posts, read 670,380 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply I’m 100% percent not gay I have never questioned my sexuality in my whole life I like women. I have no cultural restrictions I was born into a white Canadian parents. My hang ups which I guess I should have mentioned in the original post were first it was I never got a license till almost 30 so I didn’t have a car or could afford one at that time, self esteem and confidence was another I just didn’t think a girl would like me, lack of experience another, lower paying job, living with parents still because I had to. Current I finally found a job that’s decent but I have another job on the side, living with parents help me save like 50 grand, I have a new car and If not for the sudden death of my father 3 months ago I was looking to move but for now I’m helping my mother. Maybe I’m not in the right frame of mind for a gf now
OK, so remember "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." You'll have to put yourself on the line a bit. If you're simply acting friendly and someone snubs you, just move on.

Was there any trauma when you were little? That can have a lasting impact. Talking to a counselor might help you determine why your self-esteem is low and you can work on that. I'm a little concerned that you're putting it off because of your mother. It just postpones what you've been postponing for a long time and we an always find reasons (or excuses) to put things off. Don't make it "either or." Help your mom AND start chatting up some women. Good luck!

Old 03-21-2023, 08:21 AM

No Trauma in my life at all had a wonderful childhood with loving parents who were together over 50 years. I always had friends was never by myself now as my friends and I got older and they moved away or got married I saw them less but that’s kinda expected.

Old 03-21-2023, 08:31 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
No Trauma in my life at all had a wonderful childhood with loving parents who were together over 50 years. I always had friends was never by myself now as my friends and I got older and they moved away or got married I saw them less but that’s kinda expected.
Then it's very odd that you've never had any interest in dating before now. Most people from happy, functional families, who have no trouble making friends and are generally well adjusted, and who also have an interest in dating end up dating, even if they are late bloomers. Depending on where you are, the lack of a car or living with parents isn't necessarily a deal breaker for most women, so there has to be more to it than that.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-21-2023 at 08:41 AM..

Old 03-21-2023, 08:51 AM

I had interest in dating for sure l liked all kinds of girls through the years just always never took my shot. I did meet a few women from online back in the day when chatting online was a thing plus I hung out with a few just me and her just didn’t develop into anything. So I guess I have a very small amount of experience which I didn’t mention before. I don’t were to meet women now that I’m older

Old 03-21-2023, 12:38 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,892,672 times
Quote:
I tied dating too soon after my father died. Don't do it. You don't need aggravation added to grief.

Old 03-23-2023, 05:05 PM

1,555 posts, read 777,729 times
You can easily fake it. No need to tell anyone of no experience.

Old 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
Quote:
Won’t I get eaten alive by women if I put myself out there it’s like they will smell the inexperience on me would I be able to even fake it
Oh I think I see your problem. You are bad with women because you believe they all think, act and react the same, like a hive mind.

You may want a woman, but you don't really like women. That's what's been holding you back all these years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships