Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 08:03 AM

9,409 posts, read 8,382,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouaweir View Post
Welcome to life, bud. If I had your mindset I'd be working a minimum wage job somewhere and probably fantasize about jumping out the window. The amount of times I had to network and take risks like this, good lord I wouldn't have made it with your mindset.

Imagine having that high of inhibition. Then again, this is an internet forum where that type of personality prevails.
Gotta love this.

areyouaweir: Hey I met a married lady on a plane. Is it okay to contact her thru social media just to be friends because I'm not into her physically, unless of course she initiates things.

17 different posters: No, it's creepy, you shouldn't do that.

areyouawear: You're all dumb, I know better and I'm going to do it anyway.

If I had a dollar for every one of these types of posts on City Data, I'd be a very, very wealthy man.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:08 AM

50 posts, read 36,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Gotta love this.

areyouaweir: Hey I met a married lady on a plane. Is it okay to contact her thru social media just to be friends because I'm not into her physically, unless of course she initiates things.

17 different posters: No, it's creepy, you shouldn't do that.

areyouawear: You're all dumb, I know better and I'm going to do it anyway.

If I had a dollar for every one of these types of posts on City Data, I'd be a very, very wealthy man.
If I had a dollar for every time some illiterate poster misreads a topic and responds accordingly, I'd be a very, very wealthy man.

Please do quote wherever you saw me asking if I should contact her or not. My mind was made up in the OP, what I asked was how I should contact her (what method of communication).

Suggest you stop posting.

Hah, just realized you're like that dude in the gillette commercial that stops another guy from approaching the girl he just saw walk by. It all makes sense now.. gotta be "politically correct" and "respect wahmen" lool. Real life does not work out like how you people visualize it to on the internet.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:14 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
If I had a dollar for every time some illiterate poster misreads a topic and responds accordingly, I'd be a very, very wealthy man.

Please do quote wherever you saw me asking if I should contact her or not. My mind was made up in the OP, what I asked was how I should contact her (what method of communication).

Suggest you stop posting.

Hah, just realized you're like that black dude in the gillette commercial that stops the white guy from approaching the girl he just saw walk by. It all makes sense now..
Based on your reactions here, if you contact this woman, and she's not flattered or happy to hear from you, will you be able to take that gracefully, or will you need to drop some insults to have the last word?

Old 04-04-2023, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Based on your reactions here, if you contact this woman, and she's not flattered or happy to hear from you, will you be able to take that gracefully, or will you need to drop some insults to have the last word?
I would take the hint and cease contact immediately. As I said in the OP - I know I am overstepping, but I feel the risk:reward here is worth it. She is a kind woman and I have no intention of causing her issues.

I sensed that she wanted to keep in touch towards the end of the conversation because she kept asking me things after we stopped talking. At the time I didn't see any reason to ask her for contact info, but after I had time to process it, changed my mind.

I am just going to follow her on twitter and see if she follows back. If not, forget about her.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:19 AM

2,980 posts, read 1,651,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah areyouaweir, you're way too emotional about this. As I said earlier, it doesn't sound like you're being totally honest with yourself about your motivation for contacting her.

And maybe I'm not really believing the story as presented.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Yeah areyouaweir, you're way too emotional about this. As I said earlier, it doesn't sound like you're being totally honest with yourself about your motivation for contacting her.

And maybe I'm not really believing the story as presented.
If you had 20 posters assuming that you were a scumbag and calling you out on something when it wasn't deserved, you would probably be defensive as well.

Creep
Cyberstalker
Infatuated
Pervert

Etc.

Uncalled for.

If you're going to throw insults online for no reason, don't cry when the person you're insulting, insults you right back. <- not directed at you, unless you're one of those people.

Just lol at literally doing the equivalent of 17 on 1 combat in real life and being surprised that the guy on the floor is "emotional". Suppose he should just smile and ask for more kicks to his groin and head??

Last edited by areyouaweir; 04-04-2023 at 08:34 AM..

Old 04-04-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
No. Searching the internet for a woman you had a short conversation with
Another blunder on your part. 2.5 hours of sober nonstop talking where we are craning our heads around the girl between us to maintain eye contact is not a "short" conversation. I dont think I've ever had a conversation like this one, tbh.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:40 AM

9,409 posts, read 8,382,899 times
Quote:
Another blunder on your part. 2.5 hours of sober nonstop talking where we are craning our heads around the girl between us to maintain eye contact is not a "short" conversation. I dont think I've ever had a conversation like this one, tbh.
You don't sound well in the head and should probably seek professional help controlling these anger issues of yours before you try and form any real relationships with women. You're probably single for a reason.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
You don't sound well in the head and should probably seek professional help controlling these anger issues of yours before you try and form any real relationships with women. You're probably single for a reason.
Lol at "anger issues".

You throw insults and start crying about anger issues when you get owned.

Get a grip.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:50 AM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
Even though it's heading that way, I hope this thread doesn't get locked, because I am seriously interested in what response the OP gets from reaching out to this woman.

That is, if we even get the full truth of what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships