Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:09 PM

213 posts, read 784,176 times

Advertisements

You are what you do in word and deed. Let's drag out that perennial litmus test, would we want our SO's to be on the phone with a stranger telling him/her whatever they need to hear to get off for a paycheck? No thanks!

Game, it sure is, and it would be the college girls being told by the pleasure firm that "it is no big deal" that are being played.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:23 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
I don't see it as a big deal at all... I agree with those who say she can probably find another line of work for $10 an hour, but phone sex would be convenient and she'd save a ton on gas money... as she would be "telecommuting." Intimacy with a stranger? I don't see it as all that intimate. Why not? The only thing I would caution against is this: it might give her a really jaded view about men, which would be unfortunate. I have no stats on this, but I would hazard to say that most men have never called a phone sex line (or gone to a prostitute). Those who work in the sex industry see the darker side of male sexuality and probably have warped views as a result .. not unlike cops.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:17 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
LOL....OMG!
Whatever.....if thats what this world has come to, to make a buck, its up to the individual.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:27 PM

213 posts, read 784,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
I have a friend, in her 2nd year of college who is considering "doing" phone sex for a part time job to earn money. The company pays like $ 10.00 an hour and you have to work 15-20 hours a week.

At first I was like "euuuuuuuuuuwww" no way, but then started thinking about it and it's growing on me. there is no way the phone numbers can be seen, and you set up your own "profiles" to fulfill the fantasies.

In a way, its kinda sad that men feel the urge to pay for sex talk, possibly because they're lonely, can't approach a woman or just need the anonmity to fulfill the sexual desire.

any thoughts?

So sending our college-age daughters, nieces,etc. out to deal with the same deviants Police are formally trained to deal with is "not a big deal"? And all that for a measly ten dollars an hour? Oh that's right we wouldn't be sending them out, the deviants would actually be invited into the students home via telephone line.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:53 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Geez, people, how is it different than telemarketing let's say...? Same BS; different topic. At least you're welcomed instead of rejected all day.
Can I get an amen

Old 06-01-2008, 10:02 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
any thoughts?
I say your friend should go for it. She'll learn a lot of things, not the least of which will be how to deal with the moralists and holier-than-thous when they call to hassle her.

Good training for the real world.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:02 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
I have a friend, in her 2nd year of college who is considering "doing" phone sex for a part time job to earn money. The company pays like $ 10.00 an hour and you have to work 15-20 hours a week.

At first I was like "euuuuuuuuuuwww" no way, but then started thinking about it and it's growing on me. there is no way the phone numbers can be seen, and you set up your own "profiles" to fulfill the fantasies.

In a way, its kinda sad that men feel the urge to pay for sex talk, possibly because they're lonely, can't approach a woman or just need the anonmity to fulfill the sexual desire.

any thoughts?
I'm curious, about the company. I have looked into it but not found one that pays that much. Any chance you could get the contact information?? I need to make more money, I'm not sure I could do this but its with looking into. With the price of gas the way it is, things are getting desperate. You can DM me the name if you would rather then putting it in the thread.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:46 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Yep, welcome to the world of "money talks and I don't care what it talks about!!" Just the world we have been and are living in today. Do I think she should do it, HE** NO!! But, people (young and old) are always looking for a way to make "quick and easy" cash today no matter what the job is.
Oh well, it's her life, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i think it IS different--the product you are selling is yoursefl, and it can wear on you psychologically i think. how did morality just completely disaapear in this world?

Old 06-02-2008, 05:20 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Yep, welcome to the world of "money talks and I don't care what it talks about!!" Just the world we have been and are living in today. Do I think she should do it, HE** NO!! But, people (young and old) are always looking for a way to make "quick and easy" cash today no matter what the job is.
Oh well, it's her life, not mine.
this is why i will never be rich. i will just be here all alone with my principles and my hands in my empty pockets--lol

Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Ok, here is my take on the whole paid phone sex thing....
Men love phone sex, I can't tell you how many men that I went on dates with when I was single who would always go in that direction. I would never do it and I'm not a prude but that to me is just a big turn off when you barely know someone, so that was always a deal breaker for me. BUT if you are going to do it, and get paid - as long as no one knows about it, the caller can't find out who you are then why not? it isn't personally for me but if you need to make some extra money - I say go for it. Just don't let it turn into anything else. Remember to keep your values as best you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships