Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 12:47 AM

4 posts, read 10,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
low tolerance for BS is the opposite of being in love which is unlimited tolerance for BS. you are good right where you are at. learn to love give love in kindness noble deeds of generosity and goodness. this is love, there is no need to fall at all.

watercolor Bunky 2007
©

::giggle::
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,195 times
I've been with many women... serious and not... Now I fear I might be dying. Im 31 years old. A series of tradegies has led me to a lifestyle which basically numbs me from reality but to be honest I prefer it to feeling my heart broken.... So that being said I'm over 'searching' for the right woman. And I do believe that you will meet your mate when least expected. What I like to do when I'm lonely is pretend I'm in jail... Then I think about the people who are actually in jail and what they must be going through no matter what the crime. It would be incredible to find our soul mates and without doubt and with a bit of patience we already have or will. P.S- if any girl is reading this and wants to talk.... What do we have to lose...... oh yeah and maybe Im wrong but I don't think Im hard on the eyes... hopefully your not either....

Old 11-07-2011, 09:29 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey2LS View Post
Am I crazy for thinking this way? I just want to set myself up for realistic expectations.
No. I have a friend who is similar to you. The few committed relationships she's had has only lasted a few months before she's sick of the guy. She just turned 32 and has never been in love. I thikn her BS tolerance is very low and just cannot deal in a relationship.

Sadly she really wants one though but I think some people just can't commit and make it work.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
I suppose some never do fall in love. But when you do, it just happens and it can happen to anyone at any age.

I fell in love out of the blue with my best friend when I was 17. I was thinking about how we'd been best friends for all of these years and how she's always been there for me. I care about her a lot and think of her often. She's a great person and I realize how lucky I am to have her as a friend. But now I get so darn nervous every time I see her though!

OP: it's good that you're being realistic but just don't give up!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:07 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Ok, here's the deal. I'm a 26 y/o female who has never been in a serious relationship, i.e. one that lasts longer than 4 months. I have always been comfortable being single and have never been one of those girls who clings to guys and can't live without a boyfriend. I have a pretty low tolerance for bs, so I tend to be quick with ending relationships but I do not consider myself high maintenance.

I, of course, would love to fall in love with a wonderful guy but I just don't think it's going to happen. I'm just being realistic. But I always hear from friends and family,"when you're not expecting it you will find the man of your dreams", or,"I just know you are going to marry a rich handsome doctor". To me it seems like a pretty long stretch to go from not ever having a boyfriend to being married to some doctor.

I always tell my friends that not everybody was meant to fall in love with someone and get married. For many people that just doesn't happen, and I just happen to be one of those people. Am I crazy for thinking this way? I just want to set myself up for realistic expectations.
Not to belittle your situation. Everybody has their problems. But that's nothing...

You've had boyfriends before and have met people who you share a mutual attraction with and you've rejected men before.

Some people go through their whole 20s and 30s and even their whole lives without meeting anybody to kiss, much less have sex with and be in a relationship with.

I've met a lot of them (mostly online).

Just keep working at it, and you should be fine. Others need to overhaul their whole approach.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:23 PM

494 posts, read 1,610,118 times
As someone with a disability, I used to think about this a lot. But somewhere down the line, I adopted an indifferent attitude towards relatinships. Seems like for me at least, my only shot of ever getting anybody would be if I was friends with that person to begin with; otherwise, it's not something that I actively try to seek out. So in other words, if it happens. Awesome. If not, I'm not going to cry over it. I've accepted the real possibility that I will never get anybody, but I won't close the door on it either.

I've never dated, never had sex, or kissed. I'm nearing my mid 20s. I came close to falling for my freind in HS, but that exploded before it ever started due to various reasons.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:58 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
I have been infatuated with guys, but not in love with them. I have been in love with my cat though for many years.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:10 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Ok, here's the deal. I'm a 26 y/o female who has never been in a serious relationship, i.e. one that lasts longer than 4 months. I have always been comfortable being single and have never been one of those girls who clings to guys and can't live without a boyfriend. I have a pretty low tolerance for bs, so I tend to be quick with ending relationships but I do not consider myself high maintenance.

I, of course, would love to fall in love with a wonderful guy but I just don't think it's going to happen. I'm just being realistic. But I always hear from friends and family,"when you're not expecting it you will find the man of your dreams", or,"I just know you are going to marry a rich handsome doctor". To me it seems like a pretty long stretch to go from not ever having a boyfriend to being married to some doctor.

I always tell my friends that not everybody was meant to fall in love with someone and get married. For many people that just doesn't happen, and I just happen to be one of those people. Am I crazy for thinking this way? I just want to set myself up for realistic expectations.
I'm applying to Med School next cycle. So I'm hoping all the 'marry the doctor' propaganda pays off. JK I'm 35.. You're 26.

Definitely you could meet someone. There are good men out there. In fact if you want to exchange numbers....

Old 07-30-2016, 08:03 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
With my luck, it is very likely I'll never fall in love because no one finds me attractive. I'm starting to work on accepting that fact.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:05 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I believe it's extremely possible.

I have never been in love. If I was I probably wouldn't know it, because I don't know how I'd define it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships