Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times

Advertisements

Right, emotionally stable is the key. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Yea. Those times a guy has to have a spine. I think a guy can be sensitive and emotionally stable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 05:23 PM

391 posts, read 872,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was wondering what women really think of sensitive guys. You hear about how women like men to show emotions etc etc

stupid PC froze had to start over..
Any way 1rst husband was the rambo ttpe. Macho beyond words. We were married 13 Loooooooog years. I have a 28 year old son. My 1rst husband we will call Frank. Frank did work as a logger, timber faller to be exact, he was hunter and fisherman, ex marine, shingle packer volunteer fireman and cop. He was the the workoholic type which is a good trait to a degee. BUT... He spent little time with my son and I, thank God cause MY son is a regular mans man but loves all people and is is sensitive when it comes to women folk, Like mom and wife, and a great dad to his son. Frank thought women should be barefoot, pregnant andchanged to the stove and waiting on him hand and foot. (no I never wore chains). He spent little time with us thank God and so my son learned his loving ways through me. Frank would literally lift his coffe cup and I was expected to fill it. As a dutiful idiot I did. until I got smart. I was not ALLOWed to work outside the home. I think you're getting the picture. When my son entered 1rst grade I went to school and became a resource room teacher. Best thing I ever did for me or my son.When son was 10 and after Frank's numerous affairs we got the heck out of Dodge. Years later and now that he is whipped and married to a woman who immasculates him he has appologized stating he did not realize the prize wife he had. Too bad so sad.
My second husband we've been together 171/2 year. He is a mans man though not macho. Every now and again I see the testosterone when with his pals but he never pulls it with me. He treats me great. In turn I spoil him.. So In answer to your question I do not like macho men who are full of themselves. I could deal with some machoness if it is balanced with sensitivity. Personally aside from my heterosexual partner I really like gay men, Not sure as to why. I love their sensitivity and their humor but also I see some sadness in some who have been abused by ignorance,
My life is good now. Not sure why I stayed so long the 1rst time. Hoping he would grow out of it. I also took my vows very seriously but cheating I will not condone and I found out it was at least 3 times. Well that's my 2 cents.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:01 PM

873 posts, read 1,589,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was wondering what women really think of sensitive guys. You hear about how women like men to show emotions etc etc
I like an equal mixture of both. But if I have to choose one or the other, I'll take the sensitive guy.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:51 PM

431 posts, read 1,311,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You sound like a real catch.

My mom thinks so.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:53 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,059,702 times
BOTH! My guy has to be able to handle a bar brawl but also cuddle! He has to be able to kick some a** but be loving and kind and gentle to me!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
I've never met a sensitive gay man. They've all been pretty abrasive and irritating. lol. And I don't think I've ever seen sadness from any of them either. lol. I must be on a different planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Personally aside from my heterosexual partner I really like gay men, Not sure as to why. I love their sensitivity and their humor but also I see some sadness in some who have been abused by ignorance,

Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
I don't like men that are big babies but I also do not like men who are macho jerks.

Nice guys who are good looking, smart and funny...perfect!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:55 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,761 times
Tough guys are nice to look at and lust after, but I want a sensitive one. I have no problem with men crying, either. If there's someone out there who bothers thinking about somebody else besides himself, I'm there.

Yes, I know they're out there. They're just hard to find.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:13 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,877,240 times
don't like men that are big babies but I also do not like men who are macho jerks.

Nice guys who are good looking, smart and funny...perfect!

In short, you want to have your cake and eat it.
Typical female attitude.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:27 PM

532 posts, read 1,568,303 times
Lol if women got everything they wanted men would be dying trying to pack their veins with the right combination of testosterone and estrogen, I think it's leaning toward estrogen now, in terms of what women prefer, more of a freind that will do things for them and entertain them, support them during free time. A 'manly man' is no longer necessary in today's age, those aren't the traits that will get genes passed on anymore. What does Macho even mean? Your stuck in the '80s or something. Generally I'd describe men as 65% middle of the pack instinctual beings, with an attachment to emotions, but lack of ability or will to accomplish anything more than a paycheck and weekend, 25% scumbags, and ~10% men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships