Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,837,219 times

Advertisements

It sounds to me like he's interested in you and is working up the nerve to make a move. Give him a while to get his case in order. From what limited information you have given me, I surmise that he is artsy, reserved, probably not exactly oozing confidence and maybe not the most proactive person ever. Fairly close? If so, let him work this out. He'll make a move eventually. It may not be the smoothest thing ever, but this is difficult for a shy guy. If you are impatient and want to speed things up start making gratuitous physical contact. Make sure your legs and elbows are touching while watching a movie, if he hands you something (remote control, drink can, etc.) make sure there is a little more than normal hand-to-hand touch, ask for a back rub because your shoulders hurt, etc. This generally gives him enough of a boost to just come out and say what he's thinking or make a pass (if he makes a pass just go with it). I would advise against putting him on the spot by initiating conversation about the sexual tension. If he's not ready to talk about it that will be extremely uncomfortable for him. Let him be the man, or at least think he's being the man. It will be good for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 07:56 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,249,398 times
What are your ages?

I'd say to enjoy the platonic part of the relationship longer. My boyfriend is 23 years younger than me and we really are proud of the six months together as platonic best friends and cherish those memories. And if this guy is really into you, then I think that he doesn't want it to be just a short-lived fling. Best friends are forever, lovers not so much which is why we took so long to move to the next level of our friendship. Independently, both of us felt we didn't want to wreck the great friendship we already had. Once you start having sex with a close friend, everything changes forever.

So before you go making the first move, just be sure that you really like him and don't go and break his heart.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:22 AM

158 posts, read 404,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
It sounds to me like he's interested in you and is working up the nerve to make a move. Give him a while to get his case in order. From what limited information you have given me, I surmise that he is artsy, reserved, probably not exactly oozing confidence and maybe not the most proactive person ever. Fairly close? If so, let him work this out. He'll make a move eventually. It may not be the smoothest thing ever, but this is difficult for a shy guy. If you are impatient and want to speed things up start making gratuitous physical contact. Make sure your legs and elbows are touching while watching a movie, if he hands you something (remote control, drink can, etc.) make sure there is a little more than normal hand-to-hand touch, ask for a back rub because your shoulders hurt, etc. This generally gives him enough of a boost to just come out and say what he's thinking or make a pass (if he makes a pass just go with it). I would advise against putting him on the spot by initiating conversation about the sexual tension. If he's not ready to talk about it that will be extremely uncomfortable for him. Let him be the man, or at least think he's being the man. It will be good for him.
Perfect!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:04 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,697,757 times
It sounds like he's really into you, but being polite/reserved. Give it time and it will develop into what it's meant to be. Some men take their time and get to know women before they make any big moves. Enjoy each step of the journey!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:56 AM

158 posts, read 404,164 times
Wink just so you know...

Hey all of you who helped me with this... just so you know how it worked out (I read these and find that I want to know how things turn out for people sometimes)
He is, indeed, "into" me, or in his words, he "has feelings for me." We did talk and we feel the same way. We have crushes on eachother, but the musical relationship is the winner. We both love hangin out and playing our music and hope to play publically soon, a romantic vien would destroy it for sure. What is cool is that we can now flirt a little and have fun but and the tension and wondering is gone ! Thanks all. Peace

Old 07-02-2008, 02:40 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,410,789 times
Oh please! I'm glad you two have figured out where you stand with each other, but seriously... Buh-GAWK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships