Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:32 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Some of my friends who fall into this trap basically fall off the planet. Then when they break up, they return to earth and want to hang out again.
I got to experience this early-early in college. Many of us were couples but we hung out together often. Then one guy's girlfriend got pregnant and they got married. That was the last we saw of him (we were closer to him)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 10:56 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
She wasn't mean. Really stupid/ditsy fits the bill even though I know she isn't as dumb as she acts; it is just how she chooses to act. I can't properly describe it. She has one of those childlike voices where it seems like her vocal cords gave up at age 8 and quit growing, which is not her fault as far as I know, but it doesn't help. She talks insanely loud -all- the time. Asking her to take it down a notch is akin to asking a five year old the same...in a few moments she would crescendo up to her normal volume. She has a machine gun laugh that would kill gophers and squirrels and strip the paint off the walls.
She LOVES to laugh. EVERYTHING IS FUNNY IN LA LA LAND.

This is all when she is sober. It gets worse. Much, much worse...
I think I know that type you're describing. I've met them in milder forms and it can be irritating. I'm surprised your wife doesn't find it irritating. Or maybe since she's know her as that type, she's used to it and automatically filters out the annoying part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I got to experience this early-early in college. Many of us were couples but we hung out together often. Then one guy's girlfriend got pregnant and they got married. That was the last we saw of him (we were closer to him)...
Some women are like blackholes. Once they suck you in, there's no coming out.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:01 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,887 times
Quote:
I think I know that type you're describing. I've met them in milder forms and it can be irritating. I'm surprised your wife doesn't find it irritating. Or maybe since she's know her as that type, she's used to it and automatically filters out the annoying part.
I think it wears on her too after awhile, but like you said since she has known her so long I think she can filter it out easily. My girl tells me she used to be a lot more like her friend when she was younger *shudders*, which I can kind of see when they are together. Seems like one of them grew up and the other didn't.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Some women are like blackholes. Once they suck you in, there's no coming out.

YouTube - I Love You... I'll Kill You - Enigma

Old 07-03-2008, 01:19 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I always test out prospective bf's on groups of my (occasionally eccentric) friends to see how it works. Men come and go; my friends have been with me for decades, in some cases.

My theory (no one else's) is that we are composite images of the people we choose to surround ourselves with. If I don't like someone's friends or they don't like mine, there's probably a problem somewhere. Of course, some of my friends don't like each other, but that's their business.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Of course, some of my friends don't like each other, but that's their business.
According to your theory, this should be a problem, too, no?

Old 07-03-2008, 01:23 PM

Yes, but I'm not sleeping with them. There's a difference of degree.

Testy today, aren't we?

And now that I think about it. The ones who don't get along are too much alike to share the same space. Or one's too wild and the other too quiet. Doesn't prevent me from being friends with them. But if I can't stand someone's best friends and I'm their SO, there's something going on. Or if one of my friends tells me that the guy I'm interested in is homophobic and he's gay. There's going to be a conflict. The boyfriend is likely to be temporary, but the friend may be around through three more who don't make the cut.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Testy today, aren't we?
Not at all! Just asking.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not at all! Just asking.
I added more to my prior reply. Bad habit of mine. LOL

Old 07-03-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
The ones who don't get along are too much alike to share the same space.
Ain't that the truth?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships