Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:03 AM

78,536 posts, read 60,718,007 times

Advertisements

As a previous poster mentioned, Wide Walkers....generally women walking 3-4 abreast down the sidewalk and they don't fold in to make room for others. Really was bad in Chicago when I lived there because your options are go into the street or scale the building like spiderman. lol. The funniest example I ever saw of this were 4 x 300lb african american women all in fur coats in the middle of the loop in Chicago. It was like this impenetrable wall of fur...like walking behind a wooly mamoth. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 01:08 PM

874 posts, read 3,681,428 times
Great Post, OP!! I'd love to share..great time to vent!

My family from Canada are in town..they've been here for over a week. Now I love to cater and entertain folks when they come to my home. Nooo problem. What I do have a problem is when someone comes to my home, prepares food and wastes it! a few spoonfuls and in the garbage it goes. i empty out about 5 bags of garbage a day since they've been here. They open up cans of soda, leaves it half full..then throws it away.

The second day they were here, I decided to cook dinner for them. Being that I know they are picky eaters (family of 4), I figure that I'd ask them what they would like to eat. Sooo..i made baked macaroni and cheese, jerk chicken, corn on the cob and a delicious salad! Keep in mind..I'm a very good cook..never any complaints.

Well..only my cousin ate (one scoop of everything)..the husband ate half a cob and the children threw out their plate that was never touched. My sister even took them to eat icecream..after a few licks, the children threw away the cone!! I'm so heated. I ended up throwing away half a pan of mac n cheese. I was livid!

Times are hard!! You just dont go to people's homes and waste their food. Not to mention, my cousin said she would do some food shopping as she knows that her family are picky eaters. My fiance and I felt uncomfortable to have guuests come to our home and food shop, so I asked my cousin to give me a list of things to buy..i.e.frosted flakes, turkey bacon etc...so being that the family consists of 4 people, we decided to go to Costco and buy by the bulk..well the food is still in the pantry or the refridgerator..they havent touched it!! We dont even eat turkey bacon..I guess we will be eating it now..

How rude!!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:19 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,199,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
Great Post, OP!! I'd love to share..great time to vent!

My family from Canada are in town..they've been here for over a week. Now I love to cater and entertain folks when they come to my home. Nooo problem. What I do have a problem is when someone comes to my home, prepares food and wastes it! a few spoonfuls and in the garbage it goes. i empty out about 5 bags of garbage a day since they've been here. They open up cans of soda, leaves it half full..then throws it away.

The second day they was here, I decided to cook dinner for them. Being that I know they are picky eaters (family of 4), I figure that I'd ask them what they would like to eat. Sooo..i made baked macaroni and cheese, jerk chicken, corn on the cob and a delicious salad! Keep in mind..I'm a very good cook..never any complaints.

Well..only my cousin ate (one scoop of everything)..the husband ate half a cob and the children threw out their plate that was never touched. My sister even took them to eat icecream..after a few licks, the children threw away the cone!! I'm so heated.

I think this family is soo inconsiderate. Times are hard!! You just dont go to people's homes and waste their food. Not to mention, my cousin said she would do some food shopping as she knows that her family are picky eaters. My fiance and I felt uncomfortable to have guuests come to our home and food shop, so I asked my cousin to give me a list of things to buy..i.e.frosted flakes, turkey bacon etc...the food is still in the pantry or the refridgerator..they havent touched it!! I'm livid.

How rude!!
I have a corollary to that: People who come to visit, and then treat your home like the Holiday Inn. Let me count the ways:

1) People who trash the bathroom, the bedroom, and the common areas, never picking up anything.

2) People who arrive and then disappear for hours on end to visit other people. You know, like at breakfast they mention, "By the way, I want to drop in on Marge for a couple of hours. It's been years since I've seen her." That in itself is perfectly fine in and of itself. But the guest in question left at nine that morning and didn't come back and didn't call until 9:30 THAT NIGHT. So we were cooling our heels wondering what the heck we were going to do to entertain our guests and whether or not we were going to feed her. And then she wondered why we were a little frosty to her the next day.

3) During an extended visit, people who never offer to buy replenish food/refreshments. By that, I don't mean your guests are supposed to pay for the meals they eat. Far from it. But a good guest at least makes the gesture of, "Why you've been such wonderful hosts. Please let me take you out to dinner/let me pick up some wine for dinner, etc. etc. etc."

4) Guests who complain about the food, their mattress, and the kids. Yep. That's right.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:26 PM

CPG, you said it..HolidayfriginInn! Another thing..the bathroom is disgusting. Yesterday, I couldnt hold my tounge..I asked my cousin if she would like some Ajax and Bleach to clean the bathroom?? She said "sure". Yuk. Oh and another thing..they smoke weed!! Hey to each his own..but I have a 7yr old here..luckily they smoke when the children are off to bed. But if I find another seed, I'm truly gonna snap!

I'm just counting down the days. I love my cousin and she truly is a great person. But I cannot live with her living habits at all.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:29 PM

Oh and the beer bottles on the kitchen counter..atleast they dont waste that!! But throw the frigin bottle away!!!!!! i'm a neat freak..so just imagine what Im going through. I just pick up..i cant bother to do a thorough cleaning until they leave..its killing me.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:30 PM

94 posts, read 386,701 times
Go to you tube "granny airbag"

Old 07-11-2008, 01:36 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,312,331 times
[quote=cremebrulee;4408090]
Quote:

I cannot express in words how much I would actually pay for that device...I am so sick and tired of people on cell phones, in a public place, invading my space, my thoughts, I mean, I am forced to listen to their private talks or arguments with spouces and/or girlfriends/boyfriends...
Is there no shame any more?

I was shopping, It was so quiet, I was consentrating on which product I was going to buy...all of a sudden out of no where, some woman with a mega phone voice storms around the corner and I almost lost...well, it scared me to death...and I almost fell...and I wanted to grab that darn phone out of her hand and surgically implant it in her ear!!!!

I'm sounding just like my mother?????
I won't lie..I have had a cell phone for almost 10 years now, and trust me, I have committed some serious breaches of ettiquette with mine, such as talking on it while a clerk is helping me, at restaurants, etc. However, over time I have learned through my errors and it's painful to see people do the same. I rarely use the phone in public, and when I do, it's done discreetly. I never use it in eating places or retail stores.

I have literally seen people in arguments on the phone in public, yelling, screaming and stomping their feet.

I am starting to see signs in some stores that ask people not to use their phones in line or when being checked out.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:50 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,312,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I was gonna post a somewhat scathing (for me anyway LOL) reply, but you took the words right out of my mouth! My wife, god bless her, is always on me to keep my cool because, like cg35223, yourself, and a lot of other folks on this thread, I have absolutely NO PATIENCE WHATSOEVER WITH RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE!!! NONE!!! I can't count the number of times she has had to almost physically lead me away from either A) cussing four layers of skin off of someone's obnoxious, ill-behaved, boorish kids, or B) wanting to rip a cell phone or a Bluetooth off someone and chucking it as far as I can...NEWSFLASH--The rest of us don't want to hear where you're going for after-work brewskis, or you disciplining your kids/yelling at your spouse, or any other of your lame attempts to seem important to the masses...unless you are The Almighty come to earth in some physical form, you are NOT all that! Shut the frack up and let the rest of us live in something resembling peace and quiet...and to the fella who had the temerity to suggest that CG35223 was nosey and should mind his own business, I offer the following words of wisdom... get over yourself, Slappy! Last time I looked this world was NOT the exclusive dominion of the Young and Clueless
Catfish..I definitely understand your frustration as well. Granted, they are rude and inconsiderate, but putting your hands on someone may get you into a heap of trouble that's not even worth it. They may be dead wrong, but I'm not going to jail because someone was a pr**k in public.

Granted, I sometimes make mistakes that are unintentional. I think there is a huge difference between a perrenial, self-absorbed jerk and someone who makes an honest lapse in judgement. Sometimes rudeness tends to generate even more rudeness, and I try my best to prevent that.

For the most part, I treat others as I wish to be treated and do my best to display the utmost in courtesy, even if it's not reciprocated. That's the bottom line.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:56 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,344,800 times
Lol you folks who dont like cell phones dont come to South Florida I think its mandatory to speak on them while you drive weaving in and out of traffic.
I dont use mine thus might be breaking South Florida law

Old 07-11-2008, 02:02 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,749,969 times
When I go out in public I keep mine on vibrate...if someone calls me, and if it is important they will call back or I will call them back. Nothing is that important. Whatever did we do before cell phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships