Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:26 AM

140 posts, read 859,866 times

Advertisements

I went to my 20th (in 2001) . It was interesting to see people after 20 yrs, I moved out of the area so hadn't seen anyone from HS in 15 yrs. Alot of people I didn't reconize. A few looked same as HS but older. I was a bit dissapointed that my 4-5 buddies from my senior yr.were not there. But I did end up talking to a few woman that I never really talked to in HS. There were also alot of married female classmates there but left the husband at home or their husbands didn't want to come.
I missed my 25th and depending on were I live in 2011(plan on moving in less then a yr) will depend on if I go to my 30th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 12:40 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,480,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBB17037 View Post
There were also alot of married female classmates there but left the husband at home or their husbands didn't want to come.
Hmm that sounds interesting...tired of the husbands already eh
I always thought it was customary of those things to bring the spouses.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:44 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,687,996 times
I declined the invitation for my 10th reunion, and I don't plan on attending in the future. I don't exactly have a nostalgia for high school. I remember it as a nasty place and a snake pit. It has ridiculous social conventions, and so much time is devoted to stupid charades and politicking, it's exasperating. Even though I was an achiever and a "star", I couldn't wait to go on to better and brighter things. Never grew to care about anybody there enough to want to demonstrate, decades later, what I have achieved or to see where "they" are now. At the end of my senior year, I didn't even what to attend graduation. I just wanted to get out. I had to attend because I was one of the Top Ten, but when the ceremony was over, I was the first one out the door. Took off my cap and gown, threw them in the trunk -- and just like that, I was done with high school. And today, I really don't care what my former classmates are doing or what they think. I am not bitter -- I just don't care.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:53 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,687,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
I'm a classic high school sad case. I wouldn't go the the reunion, I didn't even go to the Prom. Most times I think back on the Prom, I feel sad that a moment in my life had to pass me by.
Ugh, what's to be sad about? That "moment" is ridiculously exaggerated by Hollywood. It's much like being in the cafeteria at lunch -- just with slightly better food and everyone is made up and wearing the tackiest-looking getup you've ever seen. People are hanging out in their usual cliques. And the 99.99999% chance is, that acne-stricken person you call your "prom date", holding you in a limp embrace as you sway to "The End of the Road" is NOT the love of your life, not by a long shot. The prom is just more high school -- except you inflict it on yourself and dump a few hundred dollars down the drain.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:35 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,877,710 times
I guess city data is for people that hated high school. Was it really that bad?

Yea, school sucked at times, but there were some great times too. Me in a dead sprint decked out in my football jersey as we made our entrance into the gym, taking off in a dead sprint to get to the last chair, tripping in front of the whole gym packed with people, sliding from about half court to the seats with a giant black streak where my boot heel caught. That was cool!!! Embarrassed the crap outta me.

Seriously live a little. I didn't particularly like my class (that classes one above and one below mine were tight), but it'll be good to see the guys again and finally find the courage to tell all the girls how big of a crush you used to have on them. Then you can slip some shine to them and let the real party begin. People will start saying all the things they really meant to say back in the day, but didn't have the courage to do so. I can't wait for 10 years.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,560,413 times
I went to my 10, 20 and30 yr reunion and will probably go to the 40th. I wasn't one of the popular bunch but still had my friends. About the only way to see most of them any more!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times
I went to 5, 10, and 25. If I last until 50 I may go, just to see how many of us are still alive.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,379,263 times
Yes I've been to mine twice now and I didn't push anyone at the drinking fountain even though I could have.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:29 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,343,087 times
I went to my 10th and 20th. At the 10th, people were behaving pretty much like they did in high school, but by the 20th they had mellowed somewhat. Contrary to what most would like to happen, the skinny cheerleaders were still skinny and beautiful, and all married with perfect families and perfect children

The reunions themselves weren't that much fun, standard hotel ballroom fare, rubber chicken dinner and bad music for dancing (not even 80s music which I thought was weird considering we were the class of '86).

My best high school friend decided to take over and organize our 25th as a more casual, day at the park kind of thing with activities for kids (or grandkids as the case may be). I kind of hope that a whole different group will be at that one, since all I did at the 20th was gush about how I was getting married in a couple months and showing off my engagement ring. I really don't want to deal with questions 5 years later about why I never did get married (Still have the ring though )

Old 09-12-2008, 06:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times
People at my high school were losers with terrible social skills I would never want to reunite with them...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships