Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
What is it with women and bad boys?
I don't know. I thought it was a high school thing, but I wasn't interested in "bad boys" in high school, even.

But I also have to agree with the previous poster who turned it around and asked why many men seek out an attractive women just to have for a night. Sounds like it's about having fun for a lot of people, and it goes both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 09:25 AM

333 posts, read 999,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
But I also have to agree with the previous poster who turned it around and asked why many men seek out an attractive women just to have for a night. Sounds like it's about having fun for a lot of people, and it goes both ways.
Some times its mutual, but sometimes the woman thinks that the bad boy is a keeper and wants to build a life with him. Then what?

The same traits that made him fun, may make him less desirable as a permanent mate.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:27 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
you don't have to be a male model chisel chest perfect looking specimen of a man to be a bad boy and attract women,it's attitude of confidence and not being desperate and knowing you are worth more than her if she gives you misery.

One door closes,another opens.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:36 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
I think that some women confuse that cocky, arrogant attitude with confidence and that is what they find attractive.

I've seen it with my son. He wasn't a bad boy type, but wound up getting hurt a lot of times because it was like girls had no clue what to do when a guy actually treated them right and with respect. Common lines upon break-up for him were "you are too nice" or "your so sweet you deserve someone better than me" or "you're too good for your own good". I mean, hello, what is in these girls brains.
Guys always ask what's the thing women look for most in men and the answer that always comes back is confidence. And it's true. But what us guys always wonder is why women seem to mistake arrogance for confidence. What too many women call a confident guy we call an arrogant ******* and it's never a surprise to us when he ends up hurting her.

Getting stuck with the "nice guy" label can be bad cause it often means "boring", but the best thing is to be yourself and if that's not good enough for someone, don't waste your time on them. I hear a lot of women complain how they keep ending up with jerks and just want to meet a nice guy. But I think a big reason why they still go for the bad boys is because in the back of their minds, the nice guy will always be there in case things don't work out with the bad boy. But the hard lesson both men and women need to learn is that nice "boring" person you kept passing on might not be available when you come around.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:46 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,728 times
These guys are always "good" until they leave her and then all of the sudden they are "bad". In some cases, the guy really is a piece of S and the woman has issues if she's attracted to that, but in other cases the guy is perfectly OK and he get's the bad label cause the woman is bitter over being dumped.

Oviously, something had to have been good about the bad boy if the woman got with him in the first place.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:03 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
What is it with women and bad boys? You know the type: cocky, arrogant, womanizing, and yet women fall from the constantly.
Arrogance and cockiness are usually just misplaced confidence.

And what would be the term for when women act this way - manizing?

Quote:
I would think that you could see them coming from a mile away and not fall prey to there charms, but, apparently I'm wrong. Those rugged good looks must cancel out the signals that clearly state, "I hear for a good time only, proceed at your own risk".
Believe it or not, not everyone is interested in LTRs. Some are just "into the moment" - nothing wrong with that as long as both parties understand and agree with it. When a gal falls for a "bad" boy in terms of love and marriage, that's HER luggage to carry - not his.

Quote:
So what is it? Is it worth the risk? The pain and suffering you later experience, when, as the label implies, the "bad" side of the bad boy emerges.
As I pointed out in the "Bridges" thread, all of life is a risk. There are those who choose to stay on the ground in the center ring with the trained dogs, and then there are those who prefer the trapeze overhead without a net.

Neither is "wrong", neither is "right". It's just a preference.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 PM

9 posts, read 23,194 times
Wow...This thread speaks volumes...I just got out of a relationship because I was too much of a nice guy...Makes me wonder if I should try being a jerk for awhile! I still have a hard time subscribing to the idea that women want that drama..Some do and some don't...I hate to think that someone should be punished for being respectful, communicative, and just nice. That's the way it seems to work in some relationships. Being nice should not be equated to being boring either. I think in alot of these circumstances the woman has an issue with prior neglect or some void that has not been filled properly. This can be vice versa if a man chooses the bad girl type. I think the key is to be abit more reserved in your relationship in the beggining stages and take your time learning about the person before you act like a doormat.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:06 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
...because just like some guys want to hump a hot woman just for the fun of it, sometimes gals just want to bang a bad boy just for the he11 of it. Nothin' wrong with that--girls just wanna have fun, too.
It's OK to have uncommitted (not to mention unmarried) sex just for the fun of it?

Old 08-12-2008, 02:12 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times
I've answered this before - let me see if I can find my post

Old 08-12-2008, 02:15 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
What is it with women and bad boys? You know the type: cocky, arrogant, womanizing, and yet women fall from the constantly.

I would think that you could see them coming from a mile away and not fall prey to there charms, but, apparently I'm wrong. Those rugged good looks must cancel out the signals that clearly state, "I hear for a good time only, proceed at your own risk".

So what is it? Is it worth the risk? The pain and suffering you later experience, when, as the label implies, the "bad" side of the bad boy emerges.
IMO.....the bad boy's you described are not really "bad boys" they would fall under the "cocky, arrogant, womanizing" catagory. to whom I wouldn't give a first look

My idea of a bad boy is a guy who rides a harly, is possibly overly self confident (that's hot), challenges authority, is spontaneous and loves to get dirty with me

I married my bad boy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships