Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 05:29 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
For me, it was paying the bills online early in the morning (got that out of the way!). Now I'm surfing City-Data, listening to some new age music. It's a great lazy Sunday morning here.

Resting!! I start school and work in a couple of weeks so I know I'm going to be crazy busy. All my days I have to just loaf around and be a bum I cherish .

Old 08-02-2009, 05:32 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Because of the "wonderful" times we live in, I've been trying not to dip into savings and shaping up my (still fairly new) house little by little. So far, I'd been focusing mainly downstairs. Why? Because that's where the potential "other people" would come! As if there's a line of them anyway!

My bedroom was in a dare need of a makeover and just making me sick! A few weeks ago I said to myself: you know what, the few things still needed downstairs can wait and YOU matter, too! I haven't done too much yet, but even the new bedding, towels, and bath accessories make me feel good and smile when I wake up. I also threw out the ratty bathrobe I've been wearing even though I bought a new one some time ago and it was sitting there waiting for better days. When? Six feet under?! There's a lot more to throw out. My goal is to make my home as clutter-free as possible and have only one of each item I need, but of better quality. Order gives me a piece of mind. It didn't always use to be this way. When I was in my teens and early 20s, I could walk over any mess and it didn't bother me one bit. It's either a sign of wising up, or aging, or both...

That's a damn cultural thing for me, too. We always try to provide and save the best for the guests. Screw the guests! I'm a human, too!
I agree, screw the guests, live a little.

Mrs Chow and I are striving to live simple and clutter free.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:33 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,324,343 times
Staying at home with my husband and watching DVDs together.
Week ends are definitely too short...

Old 08-02-2009, 05:34 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,691 times
got my best time for my daily 30mile bike ride... 88 minutes

Old 08-02-2009, 05:42 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,031,791 times
I spent time with someone that I hadn't seen in quite a while. . . someone that I will always have a soft spot for.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:45 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I spent time with someone that I hadn't seen in quite a while. . . someone that I will always have a soft spot for.
bottle of Jack?

Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I'm so glad you did something nice for yourself, Sierra! And my mom is guilty of saving the parents' living room for guests, guest towels, etc. I bet my family has lived more in the kitchen than the dining room and the living room. Waiting for the guests that never came.
I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, screw the guests, live a little.

Mrs Chow and I are striving to live simple and clutter free.
Clutter I've always hated. Just can't stand places full of crap all over.

Damn, just realized I'd spelled something wrong since I often give somebody "piece of (my) mind"... Obviously I meant "peace of mind."

Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
i fenced well.

http://www.cksinfo.com/clipart/sports/fencing/Fencing-3.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-02-2009, 06:23 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Because of the "wonderful" times we live in, I've been trying not to dip into savings and shaping up my (still fairly new) house little by little. So far, I'd been focusing mainly downstairs. Why? Because that's where the potential "other people" would come! As if there's a line of them anyway!

My bedroom was in a dare need of a makeover and just making me sick! A few weeks ago I said to myself: you know what, the few things still needed downstairs can wait and YOU matter, too! I haven't done too much yet, but even the new bedding, towels, and bath accessories make me feel good and smile when I wake up. I also threw out the ratty bathrobe I've been wearing even though I bought a new one some time ago and it was sitting there waiting for better days. When? Six feet under?! There's a lot more to throw out. My goal is to make my home as clutter-free as possible and have only one of each item I need, but of better quality. Order gives me a peace of mind. It didn't always use to be this way. When I was in my teens and early 20s, I could walk over any mess and it didn't bother me one bit. It's either a sign of wising up, or aging, or both...

That's a damn cultural thing for me, too. We always try to provide and save the best for the guests. Screw the guests! I'm a human, too!
I could have written this post, sierra. And we bought some new sheets, and I swear, they're such a pretty color, it makes all the difference in the world. Love looking at them/lying in them. (The guys are all rolling their eyes right now. "Women." .)

Old 08-02-2009, 06:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Watch for the progressively nonsensical posts.

Signed, The Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I could have written this post, sierra. And we bought some new sheets, and I swear, they're such a pretty color, it makes all the difference in the world. Love looking at them/lying in them.
Good for ya! Enjoy!

Quote:
(The guys are all rolling their eyes right now. "Women." .)
That's their problem. My wanting a pretty place was one of the main reasons for my divorces and I'll be darned if I live surrounded by crap alone! I may not have the skills or the 2 incomes and it might not be as nice as I've envisioned it, but I'll do my best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.