Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times

Advertisements

While I was at a stop light today I started thinking how nice it would be if I had one of those radar things that police and EMT's have that change the lights from red to green during an emergency. Wouldn't that be great when you are in a hurry?

What would you want that would make your life easier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 03:06 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,433,555 times
Oh, gosh. Where do I start?

1. A nanny
2. A maid who does laundry
3. A personal trainer, who will come to my house and physically force me to run for a couple miles each day.
4. A dog walker
5. A grocery shopper
6. A gardener

Although, if I got all of those, then I couldn't claim to be a stay-at-home-mom and would have to return to work. I might have to rethink my list.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,668,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
While I was at a stop light today I started thinking how nice it would be if I had one of those radar things that police and EMT's have that change the lights from red to green during an emergency. Wouldn't that be great when you are in a hurry?

What would you want that would make your life easier?
A Maid. Like Alice on the Brady Bunch, she did everything.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
An obscure, unremembered uncle leaving me his vast fortune.

If I were in the middle of a presentation and got a call from my attorney or my wife stating as much, I would leave in mid-sentence and not go back.

Don't get me wrong. I love what I do. I have plenty of fulfilling things in my life. But I don't want to spend 30-40 hours weekly catering to the whims of my clients.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:09 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,706,292 times
I have a housecleaner and I have a nanny - they make my life easier

But the easiest will be when the kids move out...I love my kids to death, but I'd like my easy goer, slow moving, just want to sit in the sun and read a book on MY weekend life back.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:09 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,703,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post

1. A nanny
3. A personal trainer, who will come to my house and physically force me to run for a couple miles each day.
4. A dog walker
5. A grocery shopper
6. A gardener

Although, if I got all of those, then I couldn't claim to be a stay-at-home-mom and would have to return to work. I might have to rethink my list.
There are businesses that provide your list of service requests, even grocery shoppers. They call themselves "personal organizers".

Old 09-02-2008, 03:10 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,668,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post

1. A nanny
4. A dog walker
5. A grocery shopper
6. A gardener

Carol Brady had a maid and was a "stay at home" mom.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:12 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,924 times
winning the lottery.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:13 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
I have a housecleaner and I have a nanny - they make my life easier

But the easiest will be when the kids move out...I love my kids to death, but I'd like my easy goer, slow moving, just want to sit in the sun and read a book on MY weekend life back.
ME TOO!

Don't get me wrong. I love my kids, too. I adore my children. But eight years from now I will feel liberated from the ongoing slog through homework, youth sports, youth activities, birthday parties, more homework, the continual drain of money, and the assorted traumas of growing up.

Now, here's when some self-righteous blue nose will tell me to treasure every moment, blah blah blah, as if my life were one big Family Circus cartoon. But I have my own avocations, hobbies, friends, and pleasures that are impossible to pursue at this point in my life. And I'm not selfish to want those again.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
winning the lottery.
Ditto! Why make lists when we can easily sum them up...

Of course, getting some immaterial things (like people) back would beat it, but that's impossible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships