Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 11:42 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
If only I had a nickel for every time I hear that online...
Yep, you would've made a fortune, fortune cookie!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 12:14 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,868,328 times
Don't forget that some of the married one's are just in it for appearance sake, with a willing gay female. I don't care what anyone says, Congressman Chris Shays is way to fem to be straight. His wife could be considered rugged, though.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 6,420 times
You folks are somewhat naive regarding sexual preference and Gender Identity. Sexual preference is defined as homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual. Everyone fits into one of these catagories. The problem that most folks are conditioned to believe that gender is either male or female. This is an incorrect assumption. Gender is a sliding scale from male to female or masculine to feminine. In other words, a man can be completely heterosexual and have a strong feminine side. They have no desire to have sex with aother man, however, they may like things that are considered feminine like earrings, nail polish, long hair, high heels, etc. It is society that has pigeon-holed males into a set of unrealistic expectations for masculine behavior. Women on the other hand are encouraged to explore the gender spectrum. For example, if a woman is a fighter pilot, she will be encouraged and told "you go girl", whereas if a man is a hair dresser, folks wiill be saying "damn ******" behind his back. Please consider this: Is the woman fighter pilot gay and is the male hair stylist gay? Interesting double standard isn't it!! When a little girl plays with trucks and GI Joe folks say "look at the cute little Tomboy". On the other hand, when a boy plays with dolls, he is slapped, disciplined and told that boys don't play with dolls. What message is that giving boys about the value of femininity in society? This is an example of the double-standard. Are women CEOs and other women in powerful typically masculine job lesbians? Ponder that question for a while. As I stated before, psychology has proven that there is no link between feminine men and homosexuality. It is simply an image perpetuated by Hollywood. Another interesting statistic is that 80 percent of all men that crossdress are heterosexual. I belone to a massage board for men that like to wear high heels. The address of the website is [url=http://www.hhplace.org]HHPlace.org - The High Heel Meeting Place - High Heels fashion - High Heel shoes and boots reviews and discussions for all. - Home[/url]. Eighty percent of the men that frequent that message board are heterosexual and are married for many years. Back in the days of our forefathers (George Washington, Thomas Jefferson) men wore wigs, makeup, more colorful clothing and high heels. Geroge Washing even wore high heels to his inaugural ball. These men were not afraid of the triats that today would label them as "feminine" and they were not homosexual otherwise we wouldn't be here today! Recently many men have started wearing toenail polish including Chuck Liddel (UFC Champion), Scott Speed (NASCAR), Charles Barclay, Val Kilmer, Tori Spelling's husband, and a list of others. I dare you to walk up to Chuck LIddel and tell him that his pink toenails are gay. You would be in so many pieces that the coroner wouldn't be able to count them!

Men want forms of self expression and are tired of being limited to the pigeon-hole that western society has created for them just as women have broken out of the femininity mode that was created by society.
Not all men fit the macho nuckle dragging role that society has defined for them. Men need to realize that it is ok to embrace their feminine sides and that feminine expression if ok, just as women have embraced their masculine side and achieved an expanded role in society.

Why do tolerate this double standard, and why are we naive enough to perpetuate it? Please do a little research before presenting generalizations regarding men with a feminine side as you are simply perpetuating incorrect stereotypes.

Regards,

Jamie

Old 09-21-2008, 11:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i am sure you would have a more favorable opinion of him if he was rich and famous no?

YouTube - Pee Wee Herman - Tequila

Old 09-22-2008, 01:39 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,359,003 times
I am sorry I am a little suspect of guys that are feminine. I cant help it...I couldnt date one of those guys.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:50 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
Any time I run into a feminine man I automatically think he is a homosexual...seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
I am sorry I am a little suspect of guys that are feminine. I cant help it...I couldnt date one of those guys.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:16 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,747,349 times
Hey people - new guy here! I am a sometimes feminine straight man! I actually have two modes of being! As a guy I'm a guy and do guy things, played Little League baseball [designated hitter], starter on 6th to 8th grade school team, was into cool bmx freestyle in H.S.

But in lady mode, I crossdress in full drag and go out shopping as a pretty chick, being totally femme! I just don't mess with men and wear a ring to pretend I'm married!

Old 09-27-2008, 09:34 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Any time I run into a feminine man I automatically think he is a homosexual...seriously.
I usually think he is British or some sort of European

Old 09-27-2008, 09:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
huh? That makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I usually think he is British or some sort of European

Old 09-27-2008, 09:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
ok im convinced.

i am turning over a new leaf, from now its a new image, no more mr rodgers. its all brad pitt stuff, won't put any jam on my croissant and i will drink very strong coffee no cream or milk or any thing like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships