Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:33 PM

283 posts, read 759,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Yep, I knew it! For men, marriage = giving up his eyes for his wife's permission only. Man, NOW I realize why so many men are afraid of tying the knot .
i know. i find that whole attitude insane! i'd laugh if my man forbade me looking at another man. it's just silly. of course you still want to look at beautiful bodies even after you're married. it's not cheating as some women like to think, it's entertainment. but if the lady has a serious problem with it, maybe he should cut down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 02:56 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,736,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
i'm sorry but that's such a ridiculous view to have! lots of men enjoy looking at beautiful half dressed women, its a perfectly natural and healthy thing. are you saying you want him to cover his eyes too when he is watching a 15+ rated movie that might have nudity in it? my partner and i often go to strip clubs on a big night out because you can have a lot of fun there as a couple. and i wouldnt mind him going there with his friends if he didnt do it too often and if he told me he was going first. that may not be your cup of tea but i don't think it's an indication of non-commitment that your man looks at pretty women once in a while.
I completely agree. Each couple has to define what works for them in a relationship. I would never be able to deal with a husband that was insanely jealous of vice versa.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,053 times
Nothing wrong with going to a strip joint, but I'd have a problem if it was very frequent. BTW, I never understood why "gentlemen clubs" never allowed unaccompanied females or is it just Texas? There was one that did pretty good surf n turf for something like $4.00, but the drinks were 4 times the usual cost. It beats going to Red Lobster for lunch.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:55 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
Quote:
i know. i find that whole attitude insane! i'd laugh if my man forbade me looking at another man. it's just silly. of course you still want to look at beautiful bodies even after you're married. it's not cheating as some women like to think, it's entertainment. but if the lady has a serious problem with it, maybe he should cut down.
Looking at someone else is one thing. Going to strip clubs is another.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:08 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
I can maybe see him going once, for a special occasion like his birthday or something, but for him to just be going with the guys, ha! Fat chance!
If I`m not good enough for him to look at, then he sure wouldn`t be going to strip joints, in order to get his kicks from other women.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:38 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,111,514 times
Somebody repped me saying that an "immature man goes to strip clubs". This has to be one of the stupidest things I've read.

Back to the discussions at hand, it's sad the level of insecurity women have. As if a man simply seeing another woman will make him leave her. If he loves you, he isn't going anywhere. If simply looking at another woman will make him leave, he's gone anyway. Why would you want a man like that? I want a man who is with me because he wants to, not because he feels he has no other options.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:51 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,718,316 times
HA! I wasn't going to say anything but then you did! I've never been with my husband. I think he'd be the one uncomfortable with me going, that's how he acts anyway. Like I said before, he's only been twice in our 5 yrs. of marriage and it doesn't bother me as it's just a guy thing. I want to try Shotgun Willie's prime rib special. I bet it's fun in there. My guy always told me about going first too and I guess that's why it was no big deal for me, it's not like he's lying or sneaking around. And I don't view it as a sign of non-commitment.

Quote:
i'm sorry but that's such a ridiculous view to have! lots of men enjoy looking at beautiful half dressed women, its a perfectly natural and healthy thing. are you saying you want him to cover his eyes too when he is watching a 15+ rated movie that might have nudity in it? my partner and i often go to strip clubs on a big night out because you can have a lot of fun there as a couple. and i wouldnt mind him going there with his friends if he didnt do it too often and if he told me he was going first. that may not be your cup of tea but i don't think it's an indication of non-commitment that your man looks at pretty women once in a while.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:56 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2coolclean View Post
im mariage for 2 years, is it normal to a man hang out with his friends to a strip clubs?
Whether or not hanging out in a strip club is normal is completely subjective. What isn't normal is for a husband to behave in a manner that hurts his wife. You have told him how much this bothers you, right?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:57 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Nothing wrong with going to a strip joint, but I'd have a problem if it was very frequent. BTW, I never understood why "gentlemen clubs" never allowed unaccompanied females or is it just Texas? There was one that did pretty good surf n turf for something like $4.00, but the drinks were 4 times the usual cost. It beats going to Red Lobster for lunch.
The "unaccompanied females" in strip clubs have a funny way of being prostitutes, so this is discouraged to keep the fuzz out of the club's hair. Uh, I guess you know what I mean.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Yep, I knew it! For men, marriage = giving up his eyes for his wife's permission only. Man, NOW I realize why so many men are afraid of tying the knot .
It's funny to me how the man's decision to not go to strip clubs suddenly becomes the wife's fault. My husband went to one strip club, once before I ever met him. He didn't like it. His decision has nothing to do with me. His viewpoint on it is why pay to be teased when I can have the real thing any time I want to.

Makes sense to me.

AND women who do not want their husbands to go to a strip club are not insecure, they are confidant enough to tell them that if they want to go stare at other naked women they have to do it as a single guy.

And for the record, my husband was the one who brought up marriage, I actually never thought about wanting to get married. Yes, immature, childish men are terrified of marriage, but those who are grown up and have already seen what else the world has to offer them are very happy to tie the knot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships